Archived Pfrsh bakery table issues..

Status
Not open for further replies.

nof

Ok im at a loss as to what to do with my bakery table it is constantly messed up no matter what i seem to do...

First off the previous ctl just shot exfs on it constsntly so basically nothing came out on autofills.

I tried tochange this process by fixing the accumulator and filling everything to capacity. This in theory works great until it doesnt..

Ive checked with all of the tms that qmos items and they're all doing it correctly.

The problem seems to occur when the trucks come.
First i tried filling from the truck and backstocking the extra items, which also seems to work times, but is very inconsistent.
Second i tried to straight backstock everything that came off the truck, but many items seem to take 2-3 hrs to come out.

My thoughts are that pushing the items off the truck and then backstocking the excess is the correct method to use.

I've asked my pa's to breakdown casestock when they take even 1 item out to try and increase the accuracy in the br and on the sales floor.

The only thing that i can think of thats causing these constant problems are people backstocking a casestock of 12 when they should have infact put one on the salesfloor and the backroom tm's backstocking incorrect quantitys.

Any thoughts? Or experiences with these tables as it eats up a considerable amount of time just fixing the broken table constantly

In our store the triggers are set to high for produc t to come out well. We backstock partial cases in case packs and just write the new number in marker on the side. We exf on truck days and rsch on non truck days. It's still not perfect but it's better.

As much as possible you should try to avoid breaking out casepacks for bakery. Reason being, the casepack is the only thing with the best by when frozen date on it. The individual bakery items have no date on them. This isn't a huge issue if it is broken out, it is just something to be careful of!
We've always had issues with our bakery table too. People overstocking it massively, and stuff not filling. I'm not in market anymore but I was trying to work on it when I was, to no avail.

As much as possible you should try to avoid breaking out casepacks for bakery. Reason being, the casepack is the only thing with the best by when frozen date on it. The individual bakery items have no date on them. This isn't a huge issue if it is broken out, it is just something to be careful of!
We've always had issues with our bakery table too. People overstocking it massively, and stuff not filling. I'm not in market anymore but I was trying to work on it when I was, to no avail.

We use the O'neill printers and print a upc code w date for each box to be backstocked. You will have the date of delivery on each box, that's why we backstock partial cases in the original box..for the date.

Ok im at a loss as to what to do with my bakery table it is constantly messed up no matter what i seem to do...

First off the previous ctl just shot exfs on it constsntly so basically nothing came out on autofills.

I tried tochange this process by fixing the accumulator and filling everything to capacity. This in theory works great until it doesnt..

Ive checked with all of the tms that qmos items and they're all doing it correctly.

First i tried filling from the truck and backstocking the extra items, which also seems to work times, but is very inconsistent.
Second i tried to straight backstock everything that came off the truck, but many items seem to take 2-3 hrs to come out.

My thoughts are that pushing the items off the truck and then backstocking the excess is the correct method to use.

I've asked my pa's to breakdown casestock when they take even 1 item out to try and increase the accuracy in the br and on the sales floor.

The only thing that i can think of thats causing these constant problems are people backstocking a casestock of 12 when they should have infact put one on the salesfloor and the backroom tm's backstocking incorrect quantitys.

Any thoughts? Or experiences with these tables as it eats up a considerable amount of time just fixing the broken table constantly

We don't push the bakery table DPCI's when we receive the truck. Straight to backstock. The CTL/PA shoots an EXF or ORDER batch after the bakery fill group is backstocked. This works great, but must be executed before the first autofill of the day is pulled, otherwise you are getting the poor little accumulator confused.

We don't push the bakery table DPCI's when we receive the truck. Straight to backstock. The CTL/PA shoots an EXF or ORDER batch after the bakery fill group is backstocked. This works great, but must be executed before the first autofill of the day is pulled, otherwise you are getting the poor little accumulator confused.

Assuming your shooting research on the table on non truck days i would think your accumulator should be pretty accurate. Therefore pushing off the truck. EXFing whatever doesnt come out. Then backstocking everything. The system should know that the floor is full and not generate any pulls unless items are sold/QMOS'd.

Unless im mistaken

This would save you from backstocking, then pulling, and then backstocking again.

It shouldn't matter as long as the bakery backstock section is grouped as Case Stock. The system will then always pull 12 or 11 or 8 or however many it thinks is the "full case" amount that was previously backstocked there.

Oh ya, we always have problems with bakery. I think the issue is that the capacity is set way higher than the ammount of items that can fit on there, so the accumulator gets screwed up. I constantly manually pull whatever I need to fill outs.

WE mysupported our Capacities and all issues are fixed with us. Our New Food Business Partner has encouraged all of our stores in our district do the same.

WE mysupported our Capacities and all issues are fixed with us. Our New Food Business Partner has encouraged all of our stores in our district do the same.

We have tried that, but it gets turned down for w/e reason.

Were able to fill the floor to capacity for the most part and sell the items down. Theres just a handful of items where i'd liketo pit fewer on the floor because there constantly getting qmos'd

Exactly! :) That and the expiration date will be on the box and nowhere else, is what I was trying to get across as the OP mentioned breaking stock out of cases.

I am a PA and I noticed this same thing happening at my (new) store once I transferred here. If you use item search to scan a bakery item, click the top right button that looks like a book, then click on "in-stocks." This handy little function will tell you when this item was last scheduled to be pulled on a CAF. I noticed that even though some bakery was being scheduled to pull, it was not coming out on the CAFs... the only conclusion I could come to was my backroom team was burning bakery CAF batches. I talked to each of them, and one admitted he had been burning some to save time. Well, I explained how important it is to pull everything to keep our accumulator running and our bakery table full, and now zero batches are being burned and my bakery table is full as full can be. This is definitely worth looking into!

[edit] : It would probably work best if you reset all accumulators, too, if backroom is actually burning batches, to get back on track. It is also important to push all bakery to capacity right off the truck, or else the system thinks the accumulator is full--so do not back stock any bakery until capacity is filled!

Last edited:
I am a PA and I noticed this same thing happening at my (new) store once I transferred here. If you use item search to scan a bakery item, click the top right button that looks like a book, then click on "in-stocks." This handy little function will tell you when this item was last scheduled to be pulled on a CAF. I noticed that even though some bakery was being scheduled to pull, it was not coming out on the CAFs... the only conclusion I could come to was my backroom team was burning bakery CAF batches. I talked to each of them, and one admitted he had been burning some to save time. Well, I explained how important it is to pull everything to keep our accumulator running and our bakery table full, and now zero batches are being burned and my bakery table is full as full can be. This is definitely worth looking into!

[edit] : It would probably work best if you reset all accumulators, too, if backroom is actually burning batches, to get back on track. It is also important to push all bakery to capacity right off the truck, or else the system thinks the accumulator is full--so do not back stock any bakery until capacity is filled!

Yea that's what we try to do when were shooting research.

It also happens to be that most of the time when employees are put in small cold spaces they shoot the location and the item, then move onto the next one. Then they go back and pick the boxes off the shelf and put them on a cart.

That is what happens several times a week for us.

You can also look at the last day that someone STO'd a particular item (doesn't work if there is multiple of the item back stocked though).

I've only had a few batches that I've caught being burned, simply flip to instocks tab record date and time. Partner with BRTL or LOG ETL and figure out who it was.

That will usually end that problem

Also thanks for the advice about the boxes and dates. Never really thought about it that way.

Hello guys,

On January of this year there was a revision for the way PRO1, PRO2, BAKE, and MEAT are grouped. These fillgorups are now grouped in the backroom as open for all locations. The purpose of this is to deal with the difference between the sales floor capacity and the case packs quantities.

Since I made this change in our store the produce area and the bakery table are always full with little back stock to deal with after each push. Also, since everything stays located in the backroom, we are no longer receiving the crazy amount of bakery we use to every truck night.

On workbench Logistics/ Backroom/ Grouping/ (bottom of page under "Variation.")

For this to work you must ensure that the backroom team is pulling correctly, because any team member pulling by case packs will be creating a massive amount of errors in the backroom.

Hope this helps

Hello guys,

On January of this year there was a revision for the way PRO1, PRO2, BAKE, and MEAT are grouped. These fillgorups are now grouped in the backroom as open for all locations. The purpose of this is to deal with the difference between the sales floor capacity and the case packs quantities.

Since I made this change in our store the produce area and the bakery table are always full with little back stock to deal with after each push. Also, since everything stays located in the backroom, we are no longer receiving the crazy amount of bakery we use to every truck night.

On workbench Logistics/ Backroom/ Grouping/ (bottom of page under "Variation.")

For this to work you must ensure that the backroom team is pulling correctly, because any team member pulling by case packs will be creating a massive amount of errors in the backroom.

Hope this helps

So with this new grouping have you removed all waco boxes and kept bakery product in the original boxes like produce?

No I haven't

We are using both, leaving most of the bakery in the boxes and using the wacos for the small stuff, but after reathing your post I told my LOG about the wacos and we both agree that it is an excellent idea; we are having our Pfresh TL remove the wacos tonight.

Thanks!

Spoke to my CTL and Flow TL. They both like the idea and think it would work. They want me to bring the idea to the backroom ETL and TL. I figure we can get this changed over in about 3 weeks. I will just keep moving product from the Waco boxes and open the location up to a single shelf label for the boxes. I also found out WHO was using option 1 to BCODE the cases..... Flow TL :facepalm:

Its against bp to backstock bakery as open case packs so id imagine alot of etls would be against it. There also not taught about the dates on bakery case packs as "it doesnt matter" for the most part. Considering the only time you should run into this problem is with nop stuff that isnt flexed in after falling off plano.

While it would cut down on some backstock and lessen pulls id think itd only be beneficial to consider it in lower volume stores to help manage the amt of space in the freezers.

Simply staying on top of bakery backstock has helped our store

I checked today, and best practice actually says that BAKE, MEAT, PRO1, and PRO2 should be grouped as open stock and not to follow the profile grouping to eliminate casepack rounding. Its right where zed said it was.

YES!

I just spoke to both STL and ETL logistics and both liked the idea of changing the bakery over to (O) flow TL came into the conversation at the end and we are now going to be partnering up to change it over.

I gave them all the positives to doing this... reducing the number of eaches coming out which will reduce back stock, keeping product with it date coded box and keeping the shelves neater.

Thank you team break room!

Does anyone know where on Workbench I can find something to back me up on switching to Open Stock for Bakery? My CTL and I want to present a case to our Log ETL and I need all the ammunition I can find. ;)

Both. We case stock unopened boxes, and open stock them once they've been opened. Which means that more often then not, when I need one french bread to fill a location, I'll get 12 pulled and 11 go back to backstock. Which will sit for at LEAST a day, at which time my bakery table empties because it's not getting replenished. I want to go to all open stock with no wacos, and just pull from the cardboard boxes and discard when empty. Much like produce or meat. Our bakery table is low enough capacity that I think it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back