Archived Possible topics at Fall National Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
i always worry they'll decide to start playing music in stores

Where have you been? Minnesota has piloted this for a long time.

TL and ETL Structure and Titles.... ETL- Essential and ETL Style are floating out there...

My old store had an etl style already.

Getting rid of ETL Logistics is idiotic.[/QUOTE]

Seconded, they are generally the strongest 1 or 2 ETLs in the store. You can have a weak etl ge but stores without a strong log who can efficiently run the truck.

In the long-term goal of having no backstock and replenishment by the eaches, I can see a reduced need for an ETL-Log. But we are a long way away from that.

Exactly.
so there will no longer be ETL Food?

I assume it depends on your volume. HV super targets with a bakery, deli, cafe and Starbucks probably still need an etl food.

Just my opinion, but most stores could be ran with a store manager and two (possibly three for high volume) assistant managers. Give key areas like logistics, front end, etc. a TL each. Use the money saved from ETL salaries for more hours. The grocery store I worked in previously ran just fine under that model. Target's current model just doesn't work. Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but most stores could be ran with a store manager and two (possibly three for high volume) assistant managers. Give key areas like logistics, front end, etc. a TL each. Use the money saved from ETL salaries for more hours. The grocery store I worked in previously ran just fine under that model. Target's current model just doesn't work. Too many Chiefs, not enough Indians in my opinion.

I think this is why express stores are so successful. One exec and several team leads. Although most expresses are lower volume so you may need 2 or 3 execs like you said.

I didn't know there was such a thing as a etl food. But then, i was at a low volume store that just had etls for hardlines, softlines, logistics, hr and guest experience.

[QUOTE="

ETL-Essential and ETL Style? Oh great so I guess we're going back to ETL-Hardlines and ETL-Softlines basically.

ETL- Style - Will likely oversee Softlines, Home, Electronics, Cosmetics and GE

ETL- Essential Will oversee Paper, Chemicals, Pets etc.... and Logistics (Whoop there it is)

also, I am hearing the removal of having a specific LOD
[/QUOTE]

What would the TL's be for this set up?

I'm in a low volume and we only have ETLs for LOG, HR, Hardlines/Softlines and until recently GE was combined with Hardlines/Softlines but now GE is separate and we have better success when GE has a lead. During our cutting period a few years back we only operated with GSAs and no true lead. This year we started to gain some lead positions and has helped

Most of the Chiefs have been picked off at my store, and replaced by SrTL's. Shit still isn't getting done.... or rather it's the bare minimum.

Potential topics:

Living on the Edge Through Scheduling or How to Minimize Cashier Shifts and Squeeze the Work From Other Departments

Maximizing Profits the Easy Way or You Really Only Need One Team Member for Hardlines

Go Backs Made Simple or Ask 20 Times an Hour How Go Backs Are Going With Your Happy Voice to Keep Motivating Team Members

No News Is Ok or Keep Communication to a Minimum, Team Members Don't Need to Know All Parts of Their Job

This is exactly how we ran back in the 90's I believe. That was just before my time, but I always heard there was a Store Manager, and two Assistants. They had roughly 10-15 TLs in a typical store though.

"Our TPS team members have not been castrated enough. In addition to removing nearly all of their authority and ability to combat theft and general security issues, we will also be retrofitting all TPS teams with pink shirts, and a quota of 4 REDCards per shift, or they face final warning."

"Our TPS team members have not been castrated enough. In addition to removing nearly all of their authority and ability to combat theft and general security issues, we will also be retrofitting all TPS teams with pink shirts, and a quota of 4 REDCards per shift, or they face final warning."

You guys will need to apologize to everyone you catch stealing.

"Also, they're no longer to be referred to as Asset Protection, but as Guest Purchase Facilitators. Because every so-called theft is the result of a guest who wasn't properly vibed."

^ for a moment I thought Cornell had left the building. Don't do that...

we're already fancier walmart thats good enough for me

personally i'd die spending an entire shift in electronics w/ the tvs on top of music that i most likely hate and kids thinking its funny to play every speaker demo on max volume

I apologize in advance I've been one of those people and definitely not proud of it now.

"Signing TMs, must now use their Flow team to create their own personalized CSE's!. Once guests realize the giant photos on the walls are actually breathing and exhaling (When asked, Target executive did not know the meaning of Living, so substituted Exhaling), Human beings.

"Signing TMs, must now use their Flow team to create their own personalized CSE's!. Once guests realize the giant photos on the walls are actually breathing and exhaling (When asked, Target executive did not know the meaning of Living, so substituted Exhaling), Human beings.

okay though real talk I would love to take my own pictures for CSE that would be hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back