Archived Question about two weeks notice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a grad student and put my two weeks notice in yesterday because of many other job opportunities available in my career field. I only worked about 5 hours a week. I know it's pathetic, but as a grad student that was all I could work. My birthday is coming up and it happens to be the day right before I have to work. I am going to be hung over that morning. I'm wondering if it would be a big deal to miss the one or two days left of my employment at Target? I put it up on the board to see if anyone would take my last two shifts, but as of now, no one has taken it.

I assume that not showing up for the two shifts is better than not showing up if I worked full time (8-10 shifts).

I assume that not showing up for the two shifts is better than not showing up if I worked full time (8-10 shifts).
Not really.
Either way you're screwing over your coworkers who will still come in while you recover from getting shitfaced.
At the very least, set your alarm & call in a couple hrs before your shifts ea day.

Jesus Christ. I love how everyone acts like they are the epitome of an angel or something. Anyway, I won't judge. That was all I needed to know. My initial post was for me to find out how big of a deal it would be. IF it was a big deal - as you all have so immediately rudely put it (except for the initial posters), I was already prepared to come in to work anyway and deal with my own consequences.

Also for the people who weren't being rude right away - if someone was to take my last two shifts, would I be okay? I don't plan on returning to Target at all, I just don't want to leave on bad terms.

Also for the people who weren't being rude right away - if someone was to take my last two shifts, would I be okay? I don't plan on returning to Target at all, I just don't want to leave on bad terms.
As long as the shifts are covered, and you let your HR and ETL know when your last day is, you should be fine. Keep in mind it is important to let them know your final day because they prepare your last paycheck. ASANTS.

If you can get someone to cover your shifts, you should be fine.
The fact is if you bail, there just aren't enough people as it is and the powers that be use that as a way to cut labor so they would have to work short.
I agree with both posters 100%.

Thanks redndkhaki - I turned in a written two weeks notice yesterday (which did include my last day available to work) and signed the paperwork for voluntary resignation.

You may not plan on ever returning to Target but life has a way of interrupting plans & it never hurts to keep a door open, no matter how remote the chance.

If you can get someone to cover your shifts, you should be fine.
The fact is if you bail, there just aren't enough people as it is and the powers that be use that as a way to cut labor so they would have to work short.
I agree with both posters 100%.

I understand. What I hate is how I have been the one to worry about this the entire time I have been working for Target, but have been screwed over by all my Instocks team members multiple times. I'm not saying the "right" thing is to do this back to them, but I'm sick of being screwed over by them.

OP said he posted them on the board but no one had taken them yet.

When I was in grad school I worked 20 hours a week on campus. All before my classes, which were m-th. I was never late or missed a class. It was easy work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back