Archived questions and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

pellinore

Life sucks and nothing good can come of it.
OK.....so, I'm out of touch....what is E2E?
What is A+A?

Our Bullseye's Playground continues to look like it has been hit by a tornado. It is the messiest part of the store. I'm pretty embarrassed by how awful it looks and it surprises me that our DTL and other VIPs don't really seem to care about it. I know that this is a high profit department, but with it being the first thing you see when you enter the store I am continually dismayed that no one seems to care how crappy it looks.

I remember that just a few years ago the talk was of how important the first 200 feet look when you enter a store.....that it is the first impression that is so important...and yet today nobody gives a damn. So, I am wondering, is this messiness the trend everywhere? (In Bullseye's Playground, not the whole store.)

OK.....so, I'm out of touch....what is E2E?
What is A+A?

There is a huge thread on the main board about e2e.

A&A in simpler terms is the transition of softlines from being task driven to being completely guest driven. Cutting flow hours so softlines team members can push during the day and assist guest at the same time. Also comes with expectations for team members to grow basket size and be style experts.

Last edited:
I'm pretty embarrassed by how awful it looks and it surprises me that our DTL and other VIPs don't really seem to care about it.

Perhaps because most stores have a messy BEP.

It's just kind of a waste of time to super zone onespot. So much of the merchandise is a variety (different colors, or sets) yet all falling under the same dpci. It leads to guest digging through the merchandise. You have the kids who want "the blue one" and the mom who says, "I need this notebook in Pink".

They will dig through 20 items for one and they are not going to put the items they didn't select back where they found it.

My old store had a cashier who would work overnight and push and zone one spot in a 4am shift. It was honestly a waste of payroll because she would come in at 4am make it beautiful and by noon when she clocked out it looked like a tornado hit it.

The important thing with one spot is just to keep it full. For the most part the stuff is going to sell whether it's organized or not.

While you do want guest to think a store is well organized. It's much more efficient to zone the a, b, c, d (etc) knowing the zone will be decently maintained.

Last edited:
E2E is End to End
A + A is Apparel and Accessories.
Some stores are getting remodels in Softlines called A+A 2.0.

While you do want guest to think a store is well organized. It's much more efficient to zone the a, b, c, d (etc) knowing the zone will be decently maintained

@HRZone, couldn't agree with you more. To add it should be best practice as to keep areas not seen by guests well zoned and maintained such as Backroom, Recieving, etc. Although we all know that's easier said than done. :rolleyes:
:oops:

Bullseye is always messy... I think all the leaders even at District level just accept that and don't really mention it much other than "try to get a zone in, if not, no biggie..."

I do know I heard the ETL-GE once tell my GSA to zone it if they find a cashier to do it, but that she didn't care if it got zoned because it'd be ruined in 30 minutes anyways.

Sad but true. If I do have to add anything, for what it's worth, it's good to at least semi-zone it once in a while every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back