Archived Red Card Cashier incentives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was just 2 years ago. Shortly thereafter the base wage went to $9, and $10 earlier this year.

In my personal experience, if a guest wants one, they will typically ask about it or how to apply. Usually shoving it down their throats makes them angry or uncomfortable. To be honest, when I'm shopping at other stores that have their own card system and I get asked, it is a little irritating, but I understand (others who don't work in retail may not).

Also, I think if Target is really that desperate to get guests to sign up for REDcards, they should offer a discount a little higher than 5%. That's almost nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my personal experience, if a guest wants one, they will typically ask about it or how to apply. Usually shoving it down their throats makes them angry or uncomfortable. To be honest, when I'm shopping at other stores that have their own card system and I get asked, it is a little irritating, but I understand (others who don't work in retail may not).

Also, I think if Target is really that desperate to get guests to sign up for REDcards, they should offer a discount a little higher than 5%. That's almost nothing.
It use to be 10% off at the initial sign up and then you would get a 10% off coupon for every 1,000$ you spent. Lots of people use to sign up every year around Christmas time for that 10%.

They had a promo just a short while back for a week if you signed up for a redcard, you'd get a 10% off coupon in the mail. I still wasn't able to get anyone to sign up for one. Womp womp. I was hired back as seasonal and was told that part of my position was to ask guests about the redcard but I was told that our store was now going to be focusing on guest experiences rather than just red card sign ups. I think they should try to offer another 10% off one here soon with back to school about to start up....

Do ya wanna get a red caaaaaaaaaaaaaaard?
Saving 5% each daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay?
Don't really wanna whine; my job is on the line.
It's the only waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!
I used to give great service once but now that's gone;
What are ya gonna dooooooooooooooooooo?
Do ya wanna get a red card?
Debit toooooooooooooooo.

*Do you wanna build a snowman

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I am looking for motivation for RC in 2018. My cashiers are asking but we go days without getting any.

Sorry to bump up an old thread but I am looking for motivation for RC in 2018. My cashiers are asking but we go days without getting any.
First of all just recognize them not like a stupid thing over the walkie but like even just a high five and genuine thank you is really nice.

Free starbucks always is nice, or tgt GCs.

First of all just recognize them not like a stupid thing over the walkie but like even just a high five and genuine thank you is really nice.

Free starbucks always is nice, or tgt GCs.

I must have a weird breed of cashiers because those aren't working...

I must have a weird breed of cashiers because those aren't working...
Target GCs don’t work?

The problem may not be that they’re not asking but how they’re asking, if that’s the case.

Incentives will motivate to ask but if there’s a problem with how they ask that needs to be addressed before they’ll get any

Target GCs don’t work?

The problem may not be that they’re not asking but how they’re asking, if that’s the case.

Incentives will motivate to ask but if there’s a problem with how they ask that needs to be addressed before they’ll get any

Any good pitches?

Any good pitches?
Push past the first no “are you saving 5% with red card? “No” “would you like to sign up and also get free shipping with no minimum in addition to that 5%? It even works at the Starbucks. Takes 60 seconds to sign up!”

FS with no min has gotten quite a few for me.

Also have GSTMs ask for price matches “would you like to save 5% ON TOP of that price match”

Any good pitches?
If the cashiers are not having conversations with the guests, they aren’t going to have results.

More than Hi. How are you? Are you saving 5% with a red card today?

You need this kind of thing:
Hi! How are you? (Look at items on belt)Oh wow, who’s having the baby? That’s fantastic blah blah talky talky.

Hey did you know you can save 5% today and every day you’re buying baby items? Yeah, it’s the Redcard! And every other thing you’re buying! It takes 2 minutes to sign up, you interested?

Great! And bonus! You’ll get free shipping from T.com all the time, too!

Yay! You’re approved! Total is $$$.

Come back and show me pictures of the grandbaby!! Have a great night!

Throw in the survey at the end too if it went super great.

If the cashiers are not having conversations with the guests, they aren’t going to have results.

More than Hi. How are you? Are you saving 5% with a red card today?

You need this kind of thing:
Hi! How are you? (Look at items on belt)Oh wow, who’s having the baby? That’s fantastic blah blah talky talky.

Hey did you know you can save 5% today and every day you’re buying baby items? Yeah, it’s the Redcard! And every other thing you’re buying! It takes 2 minutes to sign up, you interested?

Great! And bonus! You’ll get free shipping from T.com all the time, too!

Yay! You’re approved! Total is $$$.

Come back and show me pictures of the grandbaby!! Have a great night!

Throw in the survey at the end too if it went super great.

the issue is a lot of people automatically just say "no thanks" I usually go for two tries (you're suppose to get three no's before you stop) and quit but a lot of guests are adamant when they say no to a red card.

There isn't a good incentive for cashier's anymore other than it's their job. The best red card folks used to get a 3 on their review but you can't even use that metric anymore

There isn't a good incentive for cashier's anymore other than it's their job. The best red card folks used to get a 3 on their review but you can't even use that metric anymore

With my store's culture, I don't really feel it's part of my job anymore. I know ASANTS. We no longer have anything in TSC showing what our goal is, who got how many cards for the week, etc. I have not gotten ANY acknowledgement when I have gotten one, nor has anyone spoken to me when I've had a dry spell. I don't know what my store's goal is. Very few cashiers ask guests at all and there doesn't seem to be any repercussions for not asking.

I prefer to not push the RC with the guest and get a good guest survey which seems to be more important these days.

With that said, when my store rewarded cashiers with gift cards, I made sure I came home with a gift card every shift.

^^ exactly. At my store, cashiers used to have a little chat w LOD before clocking out just so they could talk RCs and strategy. For every shift. That hasn’t happened in months.

Good incentives for me:
• Starbucks
• anything I want from dollar spot (all that shit is so cute)
• food requisition

That’s pretty much it food and cute things are my only motivators

Good incentives for me:
• Starbucks
• anything I want from dollar spot (all that shit is so cute)
• food requisition

That’s pretty much it food and cute things are my only motivators
Literally me

Let's see, got a candy bar once and then a promise from the GSTL of a free soft drink that never happened. Also received a few high fives and congratulations. I'm a SL TM, who only backs up cashiers. Frankly, I could care less about RC's except that the GSTL's are generally nicer to me and I have had a few guests excited about receiving the benefits.

Push past the first no “are you saving 5% with red card? “No” “would you like to sign up and also get free shipping with no minimum in addition to that 5%? It even works at the Starbucks. Takes 60 seconds to sign up!”

FS with no min has gotten quite a few for me.

Also have GSTMs ask for price matches “would you like to save 5% ON TOP of that price match”
Some items require you to spend $25 on an order to get free shipping on them now unfortunately :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back