Archived Red Card Cashier incentives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With my store's culture, I don't really feel it's part of my job anymore. I know ASANTS. We no longer have anything in TSC showing what our goal is, who got how many cards for the week, etc. I have not gotten ANY acknowledgement when I have gotten one, nor has anyone spoken to me when I've had a dry spell. I don't know what my store's goal is. Very few cashiers ask guests at all and there doesn't seem to be any repercussions for not asking.

I prefer to not push the RC with the guest and get a good guest survey which seems to be more important these days.

With that said, when my store rewarded cashiers with gift cards, I made sure I came home with a gift card every shift.

If you're not being recognized, grab a walkie and recognize yourself! "Hey, I just helped a guest save 5%!" because, damn, corporate hid all the info on who got what and no one gets rewarded. You could be the top red card seller in your store and they won't give you shit.

But we're closed, what do I know?

Anyone still do recard games? I need ideas....
We do not, we are also not allowed to give incentives anymore. Let me know if you come up with anything fun to motivate cashiers. My ETL GE isn't happy because we aren't getting very many red cards.

Anyone still do recard games? I need ideas....
My store just does basic things like candy land etc. Random squares have prizes under them. We also did a thing where whoever got the first redcard got the prize (one of those football spot dogs) and then every person who got one after they kept passing it along until the magical time the GSTL made up at beginning of the day. I think we’ve done monopoly before. We did a fishing game where you pulled a fish off for each redcard and some had prizes on the back. During Super Bowl we did each redcard got 10 yards on a board they made and each yardline was a different prize, endzone was the best prize. I’m sure you’ve done most of these though as these are all fairly basic.

Last edited:
We do nothing. No one mentions red cards at all. No goals, no announcement, no recognition. It’s almost like they no longer exist. Totally different from a year ago and we were hammered on every shift to get guests to sign up. I’m not sure what changed but I’m not bringing it up.

I am usually assigned to SCO so I have to go to a register to sign up a guest - which I have done. Now I only mention Red Cards when I tell guests they can link it to their cartwheel barcode to pay for their transaction with one scan.

Except with my checkout orders.

MyCheckout has been a godsend for my NPS. During it's initial rollout it was mostly just me and the Hardlines ETL using them so that we could workout kinks and gather data. Guests are just so floored when I tell them I can order an out of stock item or a bulky item and have it shipped to them at no costs. THEN they started calling the store to gush about it to me. For some reason a lot of the standard shipping items get delivered next day. Holy crap I made sure to capitalize on that and tell them it seemed like they needed it ASAP or that they were so pleasant I went ahead and upgraded them. They're always so happy and want to make sure I get recognized so I just let them know I'd appreciate them taking 30 seconds to fill out my survey so that my boss and his boss can see it. :) My STL actually called me into his office because he wanted to know how I was able to upgrade shipping and he wanted me to show the other ETLs. Straight up just let him no I didn't do anything and just got lucky. He found it hilarious didn't give me crap about it. At the end of the day I'm helping his sales, his NPS, and he gets to brag about me to district.

I wish the MyCheckout device was utilized more at my store. I wish GS had one. I wish they worked consistently. I feel we are missing out on sales because it's just not a thing at my store.

Both of ours were broken in the weeks before Christmas. I would assume we have them back by now, but who cares? The time when they would have been the most useful is long past. Why is that not a Zebra app or something so there's no need to rely on 1 or 2 devices that go down and take weeks to repair? Why does it take weeks to repair them, FFS? I mean, it seems like it would be more cost-efficient to requisition a tablet and set it up in-store vs losing so much in sales during the busy season when stores can't keep toys in stock.

I've never actually seen one of the devices, though, so I'm likely missing stuff, but seriously. It really shouldn't be that hard.

Zebras don't have a card reader. It's not like a square reader, it has some cool security features.
Understand that there’s no card reader but couldn’t they type the information in? As if they were buying it online? Or is that just too uncomfortable for some people..?

Understand that there’s no card reader but couldn’t they type the information in? As if they were buying it online? Or is that just too uncomfortable for some people..?
Keyed numbers usually cost the store more.

Do those devices require the guest to have an email address?

We were told of a few workarounds for ordering stuff for guests via the Target.com app on our devices, but that required the guest to have a Target account, which requires an email address.

I had a guest who did not have an email address, I shit you not.

They don't need a Target account, but they do need an email.

It would be super cool if guests could order items not available in store from Target.com through self checkouts.

It would be super cool if guests could order items not available in store from Target.com through self checkouts.

Dang, some of them can barely fumble their way through the self check process. Can't imagine how long they would take at SCO to order something.

nope. Gift registry iPads maybe. SCO would hold up the line forever

But that's what we have now, basically. That break and take weeks to repair and are basically useless. No solution is perfect, but at least SCO would allow guests to order the items they want, the stores to get the sales credit and there might be ways around the email requirement.

But that's what we have now, basically. That break and take weeks to repair and are basically useless. No solution is perfect, but at least SCO would allow guests to order the items they want, the stores to get the sales credit and there might be ways around the email requirement.
Would never work at stores with only 4 SCOs. Lines would be too long and not enough people to help guests. Registry iPads or new kiosks would be way better. GSTMs could help guests.

True. Our store has enough SCOs that they aren't really busy except when the store is pretty busy, so it's less of a concern.

If you really wanted to do that you could do that from any zebra. Go into the target app and try to get the guest to type in all of their information. Most people won't want to go through all of that trouble when they could do it quicker and more securely from home. The MyCheckout devices have an app that makes the entire process quicker. The attached card reader is much more secure than typing in your card information.

I wish the MyCheckout device was utilized more at my store. I wish GS had one. I wish they worked consistently. I feel we are missing out on sales because it's just not a thing at my store.

Trust me: You absolutely do not want them at the front. The GSTL and service desk are already busy with everything they need to do. Also a good majority of transactions already take a significant amount of time. Unlike the rest of the store, the goal is to get everyone out as quickly as possible. Have a myCheckout device is only going to slow it down. It makes much more sense to have 1 in the fitting room and 1 in hardlines.

What's wrong with the devices at your store? If you getting that constant "verifone not detected" issue then it's a simple fix:
  1. Press and hold the green button on the verifone attachment until it turns on
  2. Turn bluetooth off then on.
  3. Should work
I've noticed we get this message when it's been sitting out of use for a while.

I've told the other ETLs and TLs that I expect the opening hardlines TL and fitting room to grab one in the morning and pass off to closers when they come in. I have one TL that will always grab one at the beginning of his shift like I've asked him to. No one else will do it unless I'm on the walkie.

Do those devices require the guest to have an email address?

I had a guest who did not have an email address, I shit you not.

I would partner with your GE and AP about that. You might be able to just use the generic email address for GSTL at your store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back