Archived Resale Policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any policy in place preventing a team member from purchasing items to resell both off the clock and without your discount card? I'm not sure what the issue would be but I've heard that as an employee you aren't allowed to resell anything purchased from the store, even if you aren't using your discount.

Only a problem if you use your team member discount. Keep in mind that any HOT item you may purchase must be available to guests for AT LEAST 15 minutes before you can purchase it. We just has a team member get coached for this at my store.

Only a problem if you use your team member discount. Keep in mind that any HOT item you may purchase must be available to guests for AT LEAST 15 minutes before you can purchase it. We just has a team member get coached for this at my store.
Send a family member in to purchase and resell the item like they have to wait in line for those hatchimals no matter what.

Years ago, my store had a problem with seasonals grabbing and putting aside DoorBusters. Then when they went on break they bought them with their discounts. Went out into the parking lot and sold the items for twice they paid to guests. Within an hour they were termed.

My management at the time made rules...
That no TMs could buy any items except for food until 3 hours after opening.
You had to have another TM witness and sign that you got a doorbuster rightfully.
Once you clock out and get in your car, you are to leave store property immediately.

No discount no problem.

I wouldnt brag to other co-workers about it even if you dont use your discount. Never put a target on your back. I've been flipping stuff for years but have always made sure to not use my discount.

Years ago, my store had a problem with seasonals grabbing and putting aside DoorBusters. Then when they went on break they bought them with their discounts. Went out into the parking lot and sold the items for twice they paid to guests. Within an hour they were termed.

My management at the time made rules...
That no TMs could buy any items except for food until 3 hours after opening.
You had to have another TM witness and sign that you got a doorbuster rightfully.
Once you clock out and get in your car, you are to leave store property immediately.
A. I hope that was for TMs currently working and not ones off the clock
B spot can suck it. As long as I'm within the purchase guidelines the lods can get over themselves

I hope you dont brag about that at your store like you do on here. You would be immediately termed.
They don't care. I bought two of these things at the end of summer and held on to them.
I also bought a TV when I got hired 5 years ago and sold it this year, guess they'll fire me for that too.

They don't care. I bought two of these things at the end of summer and held on to them.
I also bought a TV when I got hired 5 years ago and sold it this year, guess they'll fire me for that too.

Buying a TV and selling it five years later is different than buying a Hatchimal with a discount to immediately flip.

Share that with your AP or ETL, I bet you they would care. Its in the handbook

Buying a TV and selling it five years later is different than buying a Hatchimal with a discount to immediately flip.

Do you have a link to the handbook page that talks about reselling purchases?

Its the same situation and violation of using your discount to purchase items for family/friends and getting paid back.

Did you sell the TV 5 years later for a profit? Because if you did come sell my junk

I did, they don't care. I legally paid for it off the clock with my money and sold it on eBay on my profile to 3rd party.

No fucks were given. This is target, not the US Treasury. Target was paid, I was paid. Customer was happy for getting a hard to find toy

So, my "Brian's 9% Less Than Target" kiosk that's setup right outside the entrance... isn't... allowed?

Do you have a link to the handbook page that talks about reselling purchases?
Discount policy and purchasing policy:

Ee6dZoD.jpg

zM3oLnP.jpg

NQ9qG1X.jpg

jwutEvz.jpg

I did, they don't care. I legally paid for it off the clock with my money and sold it on eBay on my profile to 3rd party.

No fucks were given. This is target, not the US Treasury. Target was paid, I was paid. Customer was happy for getting a hard to find toy

You are allowed to use your discount to buy for yourself and to buy gifts thats it.

Can an employee use the self-checkout to process their purchase using their discount card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back