Resources for Humans (An HR Thread)

Thanks. I saw this thread when searching around. It still doesn’t answer my question though (because in the info for it, it states that the ODTM is no longer eligible for leave) about if Target is changing/eliminating the educational leave policy all together, or if his store is pushing college students into this ODTM position so they don’t have to deal with leaves?

Popping back into this thread! I left Spot in 2020 when my DH got transferred but my son works for one of the stores in our new city. He’s been there about a year and will be headed to college away next month. He was told that spot’s changing the Educational leave policy and he’ll still have to work occasionally. Is this really true? (I can’t check with my former ETLHR because they quit a few months ago.)
I am an HR Expert and I have not heard about any changes to the educational LOA.

Yes, all the time. Doing orientations just makes my workload larger.
Same! At my store we are doing 2 a week so it’s taking up so much time and I feel like I’m so behind! My store just had a remodel so we couldn’t do HR work for like 3 days and we’re still playing catch up!

Yes, several months ago I did 4 in one week. I am doing 4 within the next 5 days.
Is there anyone helping you at least? Doing that on your own would be super stressful especially if ID issues or workbench issues occur

I’m usually fine with just me, but sometimes it would be great having another body to help during 4th quarter.
Ask for one. We have had backup HR during q4 before. 1 year, he handled the fulfillment orientations which are shorter, but also mainly what we were hiring. Seemed like there was an orientation every day. He was a cashier and still did cashier shifts, but also helped with some HR stuff.

How's school going? I think I remember you were doing Guild.
Wow you have a great memory! It’s going well!! I’m almost a year in! The courses are not terrible and I am learning so much as each semester passes. My only gripe is that the semesters are only a week apart so there is barely anytime off in between. Thank you for asking!

Welcome back! Out of curiosity, how many applications is your store getting these days? I was chatting with one of our HR experts today and she told me we're not even getting a quarter of the applications that we were getting last year. They're very worried about being able to staff for Q4.

Back