Resources for Humans (An HR Thread)

With the new changes, it is obvious corporate did not get buy in from stores, not like they would have. First, TMs and TLs can't see their avg hours on the app. Second, when someone requests time and it is approved, HR then has to go in on Mondays to ensure the person didn't request (and it gets approved) for more than 40 hours. Third, the increase in vouchers seems inevitable.
Finally, I'm not sure why they decided to fix something when it wasn't really broken. What about fixing other things first? Like, having more standard hours, holding TMs accountable, and ensuring employee safety because the guest is much more crazy than 10 years ago. Much more crazy!
Now that I can use vacation up to 40 hours I have no need to know my average hours. I agree with you on everything else.

Hello HRs!

How do you guys feel about punch corrections, PTO/Unpaid Time Off Requests, and Availability Requests being in the MyTime app/Website?

I personally hate it since I can’t approve anything!
I don’t like the fact that it says you have to be on the clock to do punch corrections. I work drive I don’t have time do that on the clock. On the rare occasions I had a punch correction I would do it on lunch or after I punched out for the day.

Last edited:
Now that I can use vacation up to 40 hours I have no need to know my average hours. I agree with you on everything else.
Seeing your avg hours can help multiple ways. First, if you are around the 30 hour mark, it lets you know you better pick up more hours 4th quarter to keep health benefits. I have unfortunately had to be the bearer of bad news that someone lost health insurance bc they only had 26 or 27 hours. Second, average hours helps some TMs who can only get paid a specific amount before certain government benefits are reduced. Third, average hours helps with lowering deposit amounts bc higher avg hours make people think stability, whether true or not. At least, that is what my store uses them for.

First, if you are around the 30 hour mark, it lets you know you better pick up more hours 4th quarter to keep health benefits.
Isn't it 25 now?
I have unfortunately had to be the bearer of bad news that someone lost health insurance bc they only had 26 or 27 hours.
Jeez!

I thought it was the responsibility of HR, TLs, etc., to make sure that someone is getting scheduled their desired hours to meet the minimum for health benefits. No?

With the new changes, it is obvious corporate did not get buy in from stores, not like they would have. First, TMs and TLs can't see their avg hours on the app. Second, when someone requests time and it is approved, HR then has to go in on Mondays to ensure the person didn't request (and it gets approved) for more than 40 hours. Third, the increase in vouchers seems inevitable.
Finally, I'm not sure why they decided to fix something when it wasn't really broken. What about fixing other things first? Like, having more standard hours, holding TMs accountable, and ensuring employee safety because the guest is much more crazy than 10 years ago. Much more crazy!
The amount of vouchers we will have to process is gonna make my head explode. You hit it on the nail with that one. People that have no idea how the stores run shouldn’t be making these changes

Hate it. I’ve already had several team members come to me today because their paid time off was not approved and they were not paid for those days. Days off are not getting approved on time. Now I don’t know if someone has submitted a punch correction for the missing punches I am showing on my screen. It’s not a priority for the ETL’s just like getting trainings done.
“It’s not a priority for the ETL’s just like getting trainings done” Do we work at the same store? lol it’s ridiculous that they gave ETL’s more to do and took away from us. Payroll is already a headache but if I’m asking a TM to fix a punch and they’ve already fixed it how do I look? I’ve been going to the nearest ETL to approve punch corrections.

The amount of vouchers we will have to process is gonna make my head explode. You hit it on the nail with that one. People that have no idea how the stores run shouldn’t be making these changes
PTO really needs to be in by Sunday night. It needs to be approved AND ON THE TIMECARD by noon Monday. I called HROC, because I watched mine being approved Monday morning but I did not get it
on my check. When I asked how long it takes to go from being approved to being on the timecard, they said overnight.

“It’s not a priority for the ETL’s just like getting trainings done” Do we work at the same store? lol it’s ridiculous that they gave ETL’s more to do and took away from us. Payroll is already a headache but if I’m asking a TM to fix a punch and they’ve already fixed it how do I look? I’ve been going to the nearest ETL to approve punch corrections.
Same. I spotted a tm the other day and told them about their missing punch and they told me they already submitted it online. It’s really going to mess with payroll hours and accuracy.

PTO really needs to be in by Sunday night. It needs to be approved AND ON THE TIMECARD by noon Monday. I called HROC, because I watched mine being approved Monday morning but I did not get it
on my check. When I asked how long it takes to go from being approved to being on the timecard, they said overnight.
Payroll needs to be submitted by HR by 10 and, so it needs to be submitted earlier.

Did you guys get an email to do a Time Study survey on Monday?
Yes, I think it is national. I dont necessarily think it is to replace HR but do wonder. Talk was JAS was to replace us then Workday was to replace us but here we are still. Then, there was the AP and HR merger which was a fiasco. I do think it is to better address our time and where we spend it bc quality of applicants isn't as great as it used to be and many metrics aren't a measure of HR but rather employee instability and not caring. I could also see HR hours being reduced because of Workday functionality. So be careful what you say....

I

It has caused me to do more manual overrides bc leaders aren't looking at it on a consistent basis.
Same! I feel like the middle man because I have to get the TM to fix the punch and then get with a leader to approve it so that everything is accurate.

Yes, I think it is national. I dont necessarily think it is to replace HR but do wonder. Talk was JAS was to replace us then Workday was to replace us but here we are still. Then, there was the AP and HR merger which was a fiasco. I do think it is to better address our time and where we spend it bc quality of applicants isn't as great as it used to be and many metrics aren't a measure of HR but rather employee instability and not caring. I could also see HR hours being reduced because of Workday functionality. So be careful what you say....
I feel like getting rid of HR would be a huge mistake. And I agree about employee instability and not caring. It happens at my store all the time and it’s not good for the company. I will certainly be careful!

Most of the things TMs have questions about are accessible on eHR/Workbench/Target Pay and Benefits already. I don't think making them available on workday is going to change the fact that most TMs would prefer to ask someone knowledgable rather than dig around on the computer themselves.

At least these issues with myTime could technically be addressed. There's no reason they couldn't make those functions accessible to HR if they needed to.

Most of the things TMs have questions about are accessible on eHR/Workbench/Target Pay and Benefits already. I don't think making them available on workday is going to change the fact that most TMs would prefer to ask someone knowledgable rather than dig around on the computer themselves.

At least these issues with myTime could technically be addressed. There's no reason they couldn't make those functions accessible to HR if they needed to.
I think the biggest concern was giving non-exempt access because I don’t think myTime has a way to gate access between store and personal devices at the moment and you may run into a situation where TLs or HREs are accessing this when they shouldn’t be. Workday locked this down a lot last year to discourage off the clock work.

I would love as a TL to have access to the call off list in myTime but currently I have to settle for myDay notifications.

I don’t know where myTime goes from here but I really do hope to see them sort out some of this and listen to some feedback.

Seeing your avg hours can help multiple ways. First, if you are around the 30 hour mark, it lets you know you better pick up more hours 4th quarter to keep health benefits. I have unfortunately had to be the bearer of bad news that someone lost health insurance bc they only had 26 or 27 hours. Second, average hours helps some TMs who can only get paid a specific amount before certain government benefits are reduced. Third, average hours helps with lowering deposit amounts bc higher avg hours make people think stability, whether true or not. At least, that is what my store uses them for.
It’s average 25 hours to get health benefits.

I think the biggest concern was giving non-exempt access because I don’t think myTime has a way to gate access between store and personal devices at the moment and you may run into a situation where TLs or HREs are accessing this when they shouldn’t be. Workday locked this down a lot last year to discourage off the clock work.

I would love as a TL to have access to the call off list in myTime but currently I have to settle for myDay notifications.

I don’t know where myTime goes from here but I really do hope to see them sort out some of this and listen to some feedback.
If it can tell whether I'm clocked in to limit punch corrections, it can tell whether an TL/HR expert is clocked in to show those other features.

HRTLs, which are only a thing in Small Formats (don't have ETL-HR) and Ultra High Volume stores (in addition to ETL-HR,) have access to the myTime call-in/availability change section. I've seen my HRTL on there before. So only one type of TL has access to this section of myTime. IDK if they have access 24/7 or If it's restricted to being on the clock like Punch Corrections are.

I believe that Small Format TLs might have access, but that's not a guarantee. I feel like I remember reading that on Workbench over the summer, but don't quote me on that.

HRTLs, which are only a thing in Small Formats (don't have ETL-HR) and Ultra High Volume stores (in addition to ETL-HR,) have access to the myTime call-in/availability change section. I've seen my HRTL on there before. So only one type of TL has access to this section of myTime. IDK if they have access 24/7 or If it's restricted to being on the clock like Punch Corrections are.

I believe that Small Format TLs might have access, but that's not a guarantee. I feel like I remember reading that on Workbench over the summer, but don't quote me on that.
Yes, HRTLs and Small Format TLs both have access to that. Although neither has access to approving punches, time off requests, or paid vacation requests; the SD is the only person in the store with access to those, so we had to bug him while he was out of the country on vacation recently lol.

Yes, HRTLs and Small Format TLs both have access to that. Although neither has access to approving punches, time off requests, or paid vacation requests; the SD is the only person in the store with access to those, so we had to bug him while he was out of the country on vacation recently lol.
If I was that SD, I would have quit... And Target wonders why SD, ETL and TL attrition sucks.

Back