Rfid scan

I start at five and get done at seven thirty. Move faster, and I'm not trying to be mean lol, but my first try at it, I moved slow trying to get into every rack and ever shelve. The sooner you realize you don't have too, the faster you get it done. I circle around every section, ie boys, girls, infants, then zip zag through the area. The scanner picks up scans from several feet away.
How do you handle scanning the Backroom? I begin with our behind the line and steel first, then any vehicles/palets awaiting backstock or push on them, then move on to light-duty. I then scan all the wacos in the RFID category aisles, including upper case packs. Those upper case packs is what slows me down back there. Do you climb the ladder and scan each upper location or just walk down and up the aisle? Looking to save as much time as I can.

How do you handle scanning the Backroom? I begin with our behind the line and steel first, then any vehicles/palets awaiting backstock or push on them, then move on to light-duty. I then scan all the wacos in the RFID category aisles, including upper case packs. Those upper case packs is what slows me down back there. Do you climb the ladder and scan each upper location or just walk down and up the aisle? Looking to save as much time as I can.
Walk down the isle a few times slowly, but much quicker than climbing the ladder.

what are the chances that they will ever move up the compliance time? starting at 6am I can get through my 42k scan no breaks with 30-45 mins to spare. And this is busting ass to get done. Adding phase two is gonna shoot my numbers up by another like 20k? Im may need a little more time Spot..

We take lunch and let equipment charge. The MyDevices we have just won't go much past 4hrs anyways even when fully charged.

We take lunch and let equipment charge. The MyDevices we have just won't go much past 4hrs anyways even when fully charged.
Since we are a team of one everyday, Instocks were given a decent, dedicated, myDevice that only whoever is doing Instocks uses. After we are done, it goes on the charger and no one else can use it the rest of the day or night. It is able to hold a charge all day on the RFID day. That is, as long as you turn the brightness all the way down and the volume as low as you can and still hear it (and put it on charge at every break).

We received an Order Pick up PDT and Mydevice I instead slapped a sticker on it the mydevice that says RFID and store it at my desk and charge it the night before with a sticker that says FOR RFID PROCESS DO NOT USE. It lasts me a whole 8 hour shift without a charge!

We received an Order Pick up PDT and Mydevice I instead slapped a sticker on it the mydevice that says RFID and store it at my desk and charge it the night before with a sticker that says FOR RFID PROCESS DO NOT USE. It lasts me a whole 8 hour shift without a charge!

That is cute.. We have tried that, locking it up in the HR office still had it stolen. Our overnight team does not care..

That is cute.. We have tried that, locking it up in the HR office still had it stolen. Our overnight team does not care..

Anyone who doesnt already know not to touch my mydevice will learn after I coach them for being unable to follow verbal and written instructions.

Anyone who doesnt already know not to touch my mydevice will learn after I coach them for being unable to follow verbal and written instructions.

Well a TM can't really coach an ETL who gives no fucks about anything other than grabbing the most hours and making sure his numbers are green. Everyone else has to figure it out. Cause we are not there and they need to get the truck done..

Well a TM can't really coach an ETL who gives no fucks about anything other than grabbing the most hours and making sure his numbers are green. Everyone else has to figure it out. Cause we are not there and they need to get the truck done..
Sounds like a talk (via TL/ETL) to the STL is in order to get that to stop since that's probably the only way to fix that?
We tape post its to 2 mydevices the day before and so far have been lucky with people leaving them alone. We used to leave them in a different office altogether butt hey removed the charging dock recently.
Something that helps, dramatically, is an external battery+charging cable for the myDevice so you don't need to stop to keep it charging.

Sounds like a talk (via TL/ETL) to the STL is in order to get that to stop since that's probably the only way to fix that?
We tape post its to 2 mydevices the day before and so far have been lucky with people leaving them alone. We used to leave them in a different office altogether butt hey removed the charging dock recently.
Something that helps, dramatically, is an external battery+charging cable for the myDevice so you don't need to stop to keep it charging.

charging cable? yeah we are not allowed to use it. Any thing we do is not deemed important enough. "If you had managed your equipment properly, you wouldn't have this issue." Only the person who trouble shoots them before sending them out for repair. And if our STL were in the building more than once a week. And the overnight crew does what they want, green numbers mean they get away with murder..

And before you say anything I have heard the ETL LOG and ETL Ops, having a screaming match in the office cause of the shit overnight pulls.. Professional is not a word I would use to describe what was being said. So people are fight over it but we are not having a lot of luck.

So I'm doing phase 2...realizing that all the kitchen stuff that is Christmas oriented isn't tagged... And a lot of stuff from the most recent set isn't. Anyone else getting this?

So I'm doing phase 2...realizing that all the kitchen stuff that is Christmas oriented isn't tagged... And a lot of stuff from the most recent set isn't. Anyone else getting this?
It may depend on the class. I know that the end cap with the monogrammed towels in domestics don't get tagged because they are class o2(?) and for some reason that class doesn't get tagged according to the Phase 1 and Phase 2 chart on Workbench.

It may depend on the class. I know that the end cap with the monogrammed towels in domestics don't get tagged because they are class o2(?) and for some reason that class doesn't get tagged according to the Phase 1 and Phase 2 chart on Workbench.
I'm assuming it's just not getting tagged. It has a different class number than similar items, that will be for sale longer.

Does anyone know if those of us who complete our cycle counts on Thursdays will be required to do so on Thanksgiving? My STL and ETL are still waiting to find out...

Does anyone know if those of us who complete our cycle counts on Thursdays will be required to do so on Thanksgiving? My STL and ETL are still waiting to find out...
Highly doubt it. We're supposed to have it in by 130 right? We don't open till 6,which means most tms will roll in around 430-5.

Also, even if they did require it. . . Just skip it for the week. Not worth it.

Is anyone having as issue where you scan a section or backroom aisle until you don't get anymore hits, then walk through the areas again at the end, but you get a lot more hits? This week, for example, we scanned sunglasses until we couldn't get any more hits but there were still a couple hundred missed, came back in an hour and it picked up the last 200. Annoying AF having to go through sections multiple times...

I scan the BR while the instocks TM is on break and walk a single aisle several times, up and down the ladder until there are no beeps, come back later and still getting lots of hits.

In other news, I mySupported getting expected hits on the salvage pallet every week. Apparently they know it is an issue but haven't come up with a solution yet.

Last edited:
Back