Rfid scan

6.5 include lunch or without? I had 6.15 not counting lunch and I put 13K steps on my pedometer and only broke 90%...scanning the whole store.
That's with lunch taken out.

I try to be pretty thorough so they don't try to say it's me doing something wrong, but today I must have had a flame under me because I finished all of it in about 5 hours. Could also be the supposed energy they say you get in your second trimester. Who knows. Fitbit says I clocked 9,000+ steps. I did them all separate because I didn't want to include the baby registry since the front end does it. Numbers were 95.3%, 92.12%, and 96.85%. I'm impressed with how little of the electronics was stolen, but the empty packages could have been still hanging around. Lol.

Our softlines number also increased by about 13,000. Yay for back to school.

So you quit after 5 hours? My STL says I'm not done til I hit 98, or am scheduled to leave.
I haven't hit 98 since it switched over to the My Device. We have the same problem areas and we had an issue with a truck. I got in contact with LOD. Confirmed my numbers, told him the problem areas and then submitted after he gave the okay. I can only go through an area so many times.

I bet your leadership doesn't know they still have to manually change counts from the RFID report, or they just don't do it

Not really scan related, but sometimes team members will try to use the rfid gun to find things like electronics and books. I have to stop them and remind them that it’s only soft things. I did mention that Hey Day is now included but I doubt anyone is ordering that for online pick up anytime soon.

Not really scan related, but sometimes team members will try to use the rfid gun to find things like electronics and books. I have to stop them and remind them that it’s only soft things. I did mention that Hey Day is now included but I doubt anyone is ordering that for online pick up anytime soon.

Once saw a TM using RFID to find a bag of Snickers, and this was after explaining the technology and enabled categories countless times. Some just don't get it!

I've now confirmed that the RFID scan can both add and subtract depending on how good your scan is. Using science. If you check how many of an item is supposedly in inventory before you submit, you scan less than how many it thinks that there are, you finish a scan with a high percent, then you submit and wait a bit, you can see the number go down to match how many you scanned.

I have searched around and maybe I have missed it, but I haven't really seen much here on the reject report? Are you guys working yours? Or have any tips on getting through them?

In general I have begun to feel like the RFID is a waste of time. It's bizarre to me that it can add additional on hands but not subtract. I feel like the point would be to update total on hands higher or lower.

Sitting in the office hour upon hour trying to clear the report has really become tedious. What kills me is that after clearing all the pages I expect to scan the next week and see a change in scan percentage, but it hardly increases. Sometimes it decreases! This is months of scans and clearing and still I feel defeat.

You guys have so much knowledge! Any helpful tips would be seriously appreciated!

I have searched around and maybe I have missed it, but I haven't really seen much here on the reject report? Are you guys working yours? Or have any tips on getting through them?

In general I have begun to feel like the RFID is a waste of time. It's bizarre to me that it can add additional on hands but not subtract. I feel like the point would be to update total on hands higher or lower.

Sitting in the office hour upon hour trying to clear the report has really become tedious. What kills me is that after clearing all the pages I expect to scan the next week and see a change in scan percentage, but it hardly increases. Sometimes it decreases! This is months of scans and clearing and still I feel defeat.

You guys have so much knowledge! Any helpful tips would be seriously appreciated!

I think our APTL does something with drastics. If it doesn't fix all the counts, what's the point? Nobody really seems to know. Also beginning to think it's a big waste of precious time.

I think our APTL does something with drastics. If it doesn't fix all the counts, what's the point? Nobody really seems to know. Also beginning to think it's a big waste of precious time.
I'm sure if it was done the way it is supposed to be done 100% it would be pretty effective. But my store just has me do the scan and that's it. No follow up and no looking at reports. So yeah it's useless for on hands but I guess it helps find stuff for flex.

@Ringwraith917 you know I don't check! And very good tip! For some reason it's never crossed my mind but I'll be sure to do it as I clear this week. Even with clearing them I wonder how much of an impact it will make percentage wise? I think I just keep thinking I will clear the report and get nearly 100% the next scan. My quite hope each time I sit and type pages and pages of dpcis in.

I don't know why HQ doesn't include a small UPC bar code for each item on all reports like this one. Would make these types of manual audits go more quickly.

If you export the csv file you can download a bar code generator to use in Excel. It's an extra step but you can even scan off the computer screen instead of print it.
Free Barcode Font - Code 3 of 9 / Code 39 - $0.00 - http://www.free-barcode-font.com/ I still print it, but it drastically cuts down on the time it takes from typing in the DPCI.

Last edited:
Help! So, correct me if I'm wrong.... the 5th week in June was the first week in July according to the corporate calendar. Yes? So that means according to the corporate calendar this is the 3rd week in July. Right? So we're supposed to be scanning this week... July wk 3... or so I thought. So done with these idiots. Why the hell they cannot use dates like normal people I will never know. Called TSC because they were complaining about our RFID report and was informed that this is July week 4... no scan this week....so I'm off by a week? -_- Meaning I was right the first time when I approached this thing from a logical angle. *sigh* According to them we were supposed to scan last week.

Can someone else weigh in on this? Are you scanning this week? Is this July week 3 or 4?

Thnx!

There's a list on workbench with all the scan dates up until October. Just type RFID in the search and I think it's the first or second link that comes up.

Does it have actual dates or just like June wk 5 and July wk 1? Found it but it doesn't help. It's actually part of the problem because the dates aren't actual like "scan week of July 22nd" and "don't scan week of July 30th". TSC told me on the phone this morning that this is July, wk 4".....well calendar says "no scan" for July wk 4. Personally I think TSC told me wrong but my store thinks they're "god" and can't be wrong.
-_-

Last edited:
Does it have actual dates or just like June wk 5 and July wk 1? Found it but it doesn't help. It's actually part of the problem because the dates aren't actual like "scan week of July 22nd" and "don't scan week of July 30th". TSC told me on the phone this morning that this is July, wk 4".....well calendar says "no scan" for July wk 4. Personally I think TSC told me wrong but my store thinks they're "god" and can't be wrong.
-_-
Sorry, I glanced at it fast. Thought it had actual dates.

Help! So, correct me if I'm wrong.... the 5th week in June was the first week in July according to the corporate calendar. Yes? So that means according to the corporate calendar this is the 3rd week in July. Right? So we're supposed to be scanning this week... July wk 3... or so I thought. So done with these idiots. Why the hell they cannot use dates like normal people I will never know. Called TSC because they were complaining about our RFID report and was informed that this is July week 4... no scan this week....so I'm off by a week? -_- Meaning I was right the first time when I approached this thing from a logical angle. *sigh* According to them we were supposed to scan last week.

Can someone else weigh in on this? Are you scanning this week? Is this July week 3 or 4?

Thnx!
Also the first week of this month was counted as June so wouldn't this be July Week 3?

Also the first week of this month was counted as June so wouldn't this be July Week 3?

Exactly what I was saying. Fortunately someone from our sister store dropped in and they are scanning this week so we have determined that TSC made a mistake. It's been a pain though. *sigh*

Back