Archived Ridiculous Red Card "prizes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the most ridiculous red card prize you've ever gotten?

Today I got a red card. A rarity for me because I rarely cashier these days. It seems whenever there are prizes I never get a red card. No Starbucks, no stuffed dog, not even a fun sized candy bar.

Lucky me, today they were giving out prizes. My prize? Having the LOD block my lane on a busy Saturday to do 10 push ups in front of me.

I wanted to curl in a corner and die. It was embarrassing. Is that really a prize? Am I supposed to enjoy that in some way? Having my "boss" make a scene in my presence is supposed to feel good? How do they come up with these ideas?

It felt like a punishment. Like I learned my lesson... DONT GET A RED CARD TODAY!

I take it back. I really don't want a red card prize anymore.

The last prize was a cooler full of snacks and sodas. This really sweet older cashier got it and I was so happy for her.
I know it wouldn't ever happen but if they offered a 12 pack of beer of your choice for getting redcards I would back up every time I could :p

Last edited by a moderator:
We do the typical drinks and snacks but I'm getting desperate for new ideas, so today every redcard will get to draw a mustache on one baby in our flyer this week, in addition to the usual prizes

Drinks or something to eat is always nice.. Other than that, them "push ups"... Yeah that's just "embarrassing".. #FREAKY

I'm still tripping out how they even thought that blocking the lane and doing push ups was even a good idea. I know the OP was embarrassed but I want to know the look on the other people waiting in line. GSTLs telling guests to move to express because lane 14 is closed for "push ups".

Drinks or something to eat is always nice.. Other than that, them "push ups"... Yeah that's just "embarrassing".. #FREAKY
My old ETL-GE did that once and it actually motivated me because she was a small tough chick and I'm human garbage who's into that

Except she did them after I had to leave so I didn't even see her do them, RIP

I have a foxy ETL that I would get red cards for if she'd twerk for me.

Yeah buddy!

The only ETL redcard thing we do is you choose which ETL you want to cover the extra 15, if you win one. Also, I'm not sure our ETL could do more than one push-up.

Our prize last night was 10 dollar store credit per red card

Not ridiculous in the "this is stupid" way but ridiculous in the "holy fucking shit you guys are desperate" way

2 years ago our ETL-GE got in trouble for giving $5 GiftCards for every 2 REDcards someone got. They had to put a stop to it when our 549 was finally bone dry and the REDcard Queen cashier was getting a $20 payout almost every day.

Our last backroom TL would do pushups for redcards now and then. Because when the backroom's a mess, that's exactly where you want the man in charge of it to be.

Backroom TL that is rarely see in the backroom. Yes. Had a couple of those

Pushups for a Redcard? lol. I think the best prize we got offered at my store was a raffle with the POSSIBILITY of winning a $5 gift card. I ended up getting fruit snacks instead. The prizes are not worth it if they're the only reason you aim to get Redcards. At this point I only care about them so management will stop acting like I suck at my job because of my conversion rate, and maybe let me try other things around the store.

They do $5 gift cards, food ave meals, and they give a better gift card I think every week or so. Each redcard you get, you get your name put in a little box and they do a drawing. Every so often, if making goal is an uphill battle, they'll do a thing where if the store goal is reached, they do pies in the stls face or some other embarrassment thing, but then they forget to pie him. They did it a couple of times, though. There was a team bbq for making the goal for the year. I didn't have work that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back