Archived RIP Backroom and SFS - Cyber Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh here's a fun question...can you order OPU and then pick your own order? That would basically be like shopping on the clock, lol.

Ooh here's a fun question...can you order OPU and then pick your own order? That would basically be like shopping on the clock, lol.

I have picked my husbands orders, I thought while picking it "This is all stuff I use." I have not picked my own.. But when you have multiple people picking the odds are smaller you would pick your own..

I saw this report tonight on NBC News, and I have one question: How many of you have a packing area that is that big? Our team is shoved in a corner of the backroom with no elbow room! I'm sure they cleaned the area up before they started taping, but even if they had pallets of shipments all around it, it is still roomier that ours. That long pick vehicle is also nice. All we have are the three-tiers.
Cyber Monday is on track to smash previous records - https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/cyber-monday-is-on-track-to-smash-previous-records-1104665155777

Gosh that's like half the size of our backroom; I kid you not. Needless to say, we're the only store in our district that doesn't do SFS (and one of the few in our group I'm guessing). We're just way too small. But, my STL told us that we're starting it in Q1 with a full remodel coming in a year...still, I CANNOT imagine how it's supposed to work, lol.

I saw this report tonight on NBC News, and I have one question: How many of you have a packing area that is that big? Our team is shoved in a corner of the backroom with no elbow room! I'm sure they cleaned the area up before they started taping, but even if they had pallets of shipments all around it, it is still roomier that ours. That long pick vehicle is also nice. All we have are the three-tiers.
Cyber Monday is on track to smash previous records - https://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/cyber-monday-is-on-track-to-smash-previous-records-1104665155777
This has to be like a flagship SFS store with unlimited payroll (or HQ blew them up to make it showroom ready then pulled everything out from hiding after the cameras turned off). That rolling cart thing was handy looking for small stuff. This season to me is support for drop trailers at stores during some/most of Q4. Even little 30’ pup trailers for some stores with the 53’ for higher volumes. @Moosechives and @H2Owned might need multiple drop trailers from the amount of orders we’ve seen

Where do I get that "pick it, pack it, ship it" shirt though?

Oh and one of those giant pregis pillow net things hanging from the ceiling? Is that what that is?

Last edited:
Why did 400 items drop at 10pk wtf nobody is here to pick them

We had 4 hours of down time

What the hell

Well, that explains why I suddenly had guests asking if I was doing SFS orders when I was picking in a black hoodie and no nametag using a guest cart.

OPUs have been alright but we’ve been sitting between 900 and 1600 eaches for shipping since Thursday.

Enhanced SFS. The store closest to my house has it. When I’d been training there, a good %30 of their sales came from it. Imagine your Q4 staffing, but all the time. They would fill a big UPS box truck daily. 6 packing stations and a dock just for them.
Iirc, they have a dedicated TL.

I saw that report on the Today show this morning and immediately called bullshit. I wish stores had that space!

I called bullshit on that when I was still half asleep and my husband was going "Are you ok?" cause he didn't understand what I was yelling at.. That was way to neat and you notice they were all in red/khaki when we are allowed denim?

We did pretty good on cyber monday... came in at 4am had 540 to pack and 200 eaches to pick..... so I switched all my veterans to pack and new team members pick and got it down to 200s to pack at 8am and 0 to pick.... then the orders started jumping up x_x..... but we had it under control didn't make pick time b/c the system dropped 150 eaches at 1:20pm...... only bad part was I was down to 1 printer for a little..... 2 printers were printing collates for another store... then everyone in backroom was complaining b/c we had 30 plus pallets of boxes all over the place.... not my fault UPS didn't pick up trailer on Saturday or Sunday

My ETL-AP said that’s a no-no(ish) because it’s sketchy for a Team Member to do their own pick. I think it’s because of the “15 minute on floor” rule before a TM can have it. I’ve done my own picks (for training purposes) but nobody has said anything to me about it.

My ETL-AP said that’s a no-no(ish) because it’s sketchy for a Team Member to do their own pick. I think it’s because of the “15 minute on floor” rule before a TM can have it. I’ve done my own picks (for training purposes) but nobody has said anything to me about it.
What do you mean 15 minute on floor? Does that have to do with the team member merchandise purchase policy? What if it's items like household essentials that are always in stock

What do you mean 15 minute on floor? Does that have to do with the team member merchandise purchase policy? What if it's items like household essentials that are always in stock

Honestly, I’m not sure. I was told this by another veteran Flexible Fufillment TM. Don’t take my word on the reasons why.
APTM:
Personally I wouldn't see why not as they are just picking the order and not finalizing payment because that's when the transaction actually processes

Another TM got his own pick and the ETL-AP said he’ll take over it because the TM wasn’t allowed to pick his own order.

Last edited:

You can't assume that is your own order, cause I have seen many orders that are stuff I would order, you wouldn't actually know that is your own order until you either get the collate with your own name on it, or with OPU you see your own name to stow it into location.. I just do what I do for every other pick, do it right, cause I don't know how you would know for %100 that is your own stuff you are picking.

I am just amazed you guys got a trailer.. Still waiting on that.. Pallets everywhere..
Lol your ETL dropped the ball on that one. They were supposed to get that finalized over a month ago.

Now that SFS is a thing, I think ANY order from Target.com affects stores cuz I think they're basically using all stores as warehouses, eh? I ordered stuff on Thanksgiving and again today. Sorry not sorry. ;)
1400 stores have SFS and Target was predicting that 70% of all orders on peak days would be fulfilled by a store.

Yep. My old BRTL who trained me used to brag about it.

I saw that report on the Today show this morning and immediately called bullshit. I wish stores had that space!
It's an ESFS and it really is that big. I've been in a bigger one before.

This has to be like a flagship SFS store with unlimited payroll (or HQ blew them up to make it showroom ready then pulled everything out from hiding after the cameras turned off). That rolling cart thing was handy looking for small stuff. This season to me is support for drop trailers at stores during some/most of Q4. Even little 30’ pup trailers for some stores with the 53’ for higher volumes. @Moosechives and @H2Owned might need multiple drop trailers from the amount of orders we’ve seen
We've had to stop unloadin the DC truck and move alit if pallets out of the way because ups is here to pickup. Than take every box off of 16 pallets to put in the truck. Target needs to to learn the meaning of efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back