Archived RIP Merona

Status
Not open for further replies.
They already have stuff go clearance and then bring it back under a different DPCI a few months later. Introducing it under a new brand will MAKE money since shoppers will see the new brand and assume it is a new product and want to try it out. It's just a marketing trick. Plus, I'm not convinced the new lines will be only made up of the exact same items. They successfully introduced new clothing with Cat & Jack, and so it makes sense to continue using that playbook.
I guess your right, in the mind of someone shopping. I guess because I look at the same stuff every day, it's not as new to me.

Right now I leave all the softlines signing for the VML. If he doesn't put it up, that's on him, not me. The only signing I would still do is any overheads but I don't anticipate anything like that for these "new" brands since they didn't do it for Cat & Jack.
Do you still do the walls?

I'm actually kind of glad Merona's gone, nothing in that brand really caught my eye, although I do understand that that brand was maybe targeted towards an older demographic. Also, this could probably mean more hours given out for SL during the transition (possibly?). The part that I don't like too much is the idea that they're gonna stop having discounts, so I'm assuming less cartwheel sales which is the only time I ever actually purchase clothing from Target. Although Target probably doesn't want to think of themselves this way, their clothes can be pretty overpriced at regular price and many a guest have told me that...

I do think shaking up the line-up is a good thing. IMO the current Mens clothing selection has become staid, lackluster, and down right boring. A change is needed and I hope the choices they make will e good and exciting ones.
Agree with you there...I'm fine with the change itself. We'll see if the discounts/sales/promotions return...hope you are right on that one.

Project 62 looks stupid.

More furniture that I have to figure out the DPCI for since it isn't properly goddamn labeled on the display.

It's supposed to be a "modern" threshold. But seriously the name sucks. All these new names suck tbh. I like room essentials (half my room at home) and threshold.

Yeah. A New Day? Horrible. Hopefully the clothes will be better than the brand name. I like Merona - solid pieces you can mix and match. Guests love their chino shorts. I can't stand Knox Rose and Xhileration.

Xhilaration is flowers, period. About the only difference is the background color.

Knox Rose is rack after rack of the same shirt and dress with slight fabric variations.
IKR?
Breaks my heart losing a simple/classic line that you could pair with almost anything.

I remember when the Mens Department had Cherokee clothing.

God, I'm old.
I still have a couple pairs of those Pro spirit zip off shorts somewhere. And a Mossimo shirt from BEFORE Target licensed the brand. Think I bought it from Caldor in the 90s. You're not old.

Yeah, Pro Spirit. The upside down swoosh.

I still have a couple pairs of those Pro spirit zip off shorts somewhere. And a Mossimo shirt from BEFORE Target licensed the brand. Think I bought it from Caldor in the 90s. You're not old.
Omg, I remember a Mossimo shirt I bought from The Buckle when I was younger. It's weird to think it used to actually be an expensive brand.

I cringe when I remember my maternity wear (& yes, a LOT was from Target).

Thank god the memory of what I wore has been permanently erased from my mind.

From that article, I'm not impressed. The pants look identical to what is on the rack now. The cuts of the shirts also don't look all that different. And that wine-colored dress......ugh. It's so huge on the model she looks like a little girl playing dress-up by trying on Mom's nightgown and it is not in the slightest flattering to either her belly or the rest of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back