Archived Secret Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HayleyAutumn10

So I work in softlines and today a bunch of us girls realized there is a secret camera in the corner of the fitting room closet area. We didnt even know it was a camera until my co worker took a picture with her flash on and there was a glare from the lens. It doesnt even look like a camera at all. One of the girls asked the guy in AP and he just said its none of our business, that its temporary and they are "watching" someone.
We all feel this is super disrespectful because we are secretly being watched. Now we are all on edge and scared that they are watching a specific person and no one knows who it could possibly be..

Always assume you are being watched.
There is nothing 'disrespectful' about it, that's what comes with working in retail.
They lose a lot of money to employee theft and take steps accordingly.
You have to assume that whatever position you are in they will be watching and act accordingly.
There is nothing to be on edge about as long as you aren't stealing.
The camera isn't there to check on if you are folding clothes correctly.
Just do your job and you'll be fine.

On edge how? How is it different than being watched anywhere else in the store? If you're doing nothing wrong, then you have nothing to worry about. Just don't fix your wedgies or pick your nose anywhere else but the restroom, and you're good.

Newsflash, you're always being secretly watched. There are obvious cameras and hidden ones. It's not disrespectful, it's business as usual.
As long as there are no cameras in the actual changing rooms or in restrooms, expect you're always being watched.
AP should have just brushed it off and not given you specifics.

There's cameras everywhere, kid.

But...

aaf_shifty.gif

I used to work video forensics. You would be surprised how many cameras there are you really don't know about.

Depending on the angle and view of the camera, they may be allowed to record within the fitting rooms. Most likely they are recording entering with clothes and leaving with fewer items.

Last edited:
How about offices?

It wouldn't surprise me if AP went through the office looking for merchandise though. I had some stuff in my TL desk that I asked if I could keep in her deak. Nothing crazy but one day I found my stuff on top of her desk and she said she didn't move them.

Ever worked in cash office?
There are two camera domes we could see & three more that we couldn't.
To be expected when you're handling tens of thousands of dollars, lol.

Ever worked in cash office?
There are two camera domes we could see & three more that we couldn't.
To be expected when you're handling tens of thousands of dollars, lol.

When I go in the little room right before the room with the cash office I get really paranoid about my movements- trying to be very 'clear' with every move I make, keeping my hands away from my body/pockets, etc.

It's so dumb, because I truly have nothing to hide, but I still get nervous. One day I dropped a piece of paper or something while I was putting the keys back in the lockbox, so obviously I bent down to pick it up and I just kept thinking "that's such a weird/unexpected movement to make in this room, obviously it's gonna stand out on the camera...hope they don't think I was trying to steal anything"

But yea...just assume you're ALWAYS on camera. Apparently only a fraction of the camera domes actually have cameras in them (you can see the camera behind some of them if the light hits it just right...although I've never tried to look, for fear of looking super suspicious staring at a camera lol) but then there are probably just as many cameras around that you've never noticed before. I've been at my store for 2 years and just noticed the camera in our fixture room a few weeks ago. It's actually super obvious, but I've never had a reason to look up so I never noticed it!

Depending on the angle and view of the camera, they are allowed to record within the fitting rooms. Most likely they are recording entering with clothes and leaving with fewer items.

The doors/hall yes. Inside a fitting room is voyeurism and would probably lead to your termination.

AP is pretty much always on camera too, so don't think you're alone.

Just do your best to ignore it.

When I go in the little room right before the room with the cash office I get really paranoid about my movements- trying to be very 'clear' with every move I make, keeping my hands away from my body/pockets, etc.

It's so dumb, because I truly have nothing to hide, but I still get nervous. One day I dropped a piece of paper or something while I was putting the keys back in the lockbox, so obviously I bent down to pick it up and I just kept thinking "that's such a weird/unexpected movement to make in this room, obviously it's gonna stand out on the camera...hope they don't think I was trying to steal anything"

But yea...just assume you're ALWAYS on camera. Apparently only a fraction of the camera domes actually have cameras in them (you can see the camera behind some of them if the light hits it just right...although I've never tried to look, for fear of looking super suspicious staring at a camera lol) but then there are probably just as many cameras around that you've never noticed before. I've been at my store for 2 years and just noticed the camera in our fixture room a few weeks ago. It's actually super obvious, but I've never had a reason to look up so I never noticed it!

I feel the same exact way. My ETL-AP said he thinks I'm stealing or my actions make him think i've stealing, yet i've done so much for AP lol! But this was a while ago. It's weird with having nothing to worry about. But i'm defiantly going to assume there is coverts (which is the right thing) to do around me especially as a electronics TMs 1- the amount of internals i've seen and 2- stealing is just down right dumb. The APS is my best friend now, i drive the TPS home, the other TPS screams of excitement every time she sees me, and the ETL-AP (former APS) gives me fist bumps every time i see him.

But def- be smart.

I like to talk to the ceiling domes while hanging signs, especially after asking my aptl to assist me in not blocking the cameras.

Also the cameras work remotely so your ap/tps are not the only people using them to watch the store.

So I work in softlines and today a bunch of us girls realized there is a secret camera in the corner of the fitting room closet area. We didnt even know it was a camera until my co worker took a picture with her flash on and there was a glare from the lens. It doesnt even look like a camera at all. One of the girls asked the guy in AP and he just said its none of our business, that its temporary and they are "watching" someone.
We all feel this is super disrespectful because we are secretly being watched. Now we are all on edge and scared that they are watching a specific person and no one knows who it could possibly be..
It's called a covert camera. One your AP team apparently did a pretty bad job placing. And your AP guy shouldn't have said anything to you about watching someone. I assume your whole softlines team knows about it now.

If it makes you feel any better I have a camera in my AP office watching everything I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back