Archived Secret Camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I know that the hanging dome in the fixture room doesn't work because there's no camera in it, there's no cameras in the break room, there's one in the office hallway and one in the main TL office. No cameras in the ETL offices themselves.

I wonder with the CVS thing, can our AP see the cameras in the pharmacy or did they disable those?

I'm really baffled at all these people saying they've found secret cameras. Like are these AP teams putting any effort in to placing them discreetly. I remember one time we hid a camera so well we couldn't find it for months

lol how did she blow up?

tenor.gif

She looked for the drink then asked where it was.
I said 'Oh, the mistake? I tossed it.'
'What?! Why?'
'Because it was a mistake.'
She looked like she was going to say something else but suddenly noticed the others had stopped work & were looking at her all 'WTF?' so she just stomped to the back to get cups or something.
I asked my SBTL if I 'did something wrong' but she was still watching the girl & said 'Nope.'
Not too long after she was gone.

I'm really baffled at all these people saying they've found secret cameras. Like are these AP teams putting any effort in to placing them discreetly. I remember one time we hid a camera so well we couldn't find it for months

Ikr? All it takes is one creative member on the AP team and you'd be amazed at where you can hide the covert cameras, or what you can disguise them as.

Target also uses pinhole cameras. We had one above the line in my old store. It was in an electrical junction box. If you didn't know what you were looking for you never would have found it.

couldn't you just look through the camera to see where it was

Ikr? All it takes is one creative member on the AP team and you'd be amazed at where you can hide the covert cameras, or what you can disguise them as.

Target also uses pinhole cameras. We had one above the line in my old store. It was in an electrical junction box. If you didn't know what you were looking for you never would have found it.

Maybe that's where they put the camera in our closet. About four or five drywall anchors ripped out and the holes are still there. Looking at the rest, they were probably 200 lb anchors, so those holes are pretty big.

I found one & was told not cover it. I was told later why & was floored.

Oh, this sounds like a good story. Details please. :D

We have a TM who swears that there are hidden mics everywhere and that "they're listening".

I personally don't care and I never say anything that I don't want repeated throughout the entire store. Unless it's the occasional "motherfuckingcuntfacedasshole" when I'm bending over to pick up an imaginary piece of paper off the floor (under my breath of course) but even then, who cares? They know I'm old enough to say all the adult words.

Do they ever use hidden microphones?

This Is much trickier than cctv. Many states are two party consent states where you have to consent to having audio recorded.

I think video is way more valuable than audio. I dont think your etl ap cares you call him a dick behind his back but he would care that you are pocketing gift cards

Maybe that's where they put the camera in our closet. About four or five drywall anchors ripped out and the holes are still there. Looking at the rest, they were probably 200 lb anchors, so those holes are pretty big.

Oh, this sounds like a good story. Details please. :D
I was a lot younger working for JC Penny's. We had picture frames on the back wall with a clear shot of my register. I didn't notice the camera until ap told me to stop moving a certain picture frame. Well hidden. This happen before the age of technology. The reason why is, Because someone was stealing $$$ from my register when I wasn't there.

Yeah I know that the hanging dome in the fixture room doesn't work because there's no camera in it, there's no cameras in the break room, there's one in the office hallway and one in the main TL office. No cameras in the ETL offices themselves.

I wonder with the CVS thing, can our AP see the cameras in the pharmacy or did they disable those?
Nope, they're still active. At least, the ones over the registers are.

So I work in softlines and today a bunch of us girls realized there is a secret camera in the corner of the fitting room closet area. We didnt even know it was a camera until my co worker took a picture with her flash on and there was a glare from the lens. It doesnt even look like a camera at all. One of the girls asked the guy in AP and he just said its none of our business, that its temporary and they are "watching" someone.
We all feel this is super disrespectful because we are secretly being watched. Now we are all on edge and scared that they are watching a specific person and no one knows who it could possibly be..
We are ALL always being watched. It's no secret. SOMEONE in your area is stealing at the fitting room. Could be a guest, could be an employee. Ignore the camera and do your job.

Everywhere can be monitored except bathrooms and the actual fitting rooms. Microphones can be deployed(or used to be able to when I worked), but I have never seen or heard of it happening, and needs some pretty high approval because of legal crap. I have put pin-hole cameras in ETL offices personally, so yes they can go in offices too. AP office and booking room are also mandatory. When we used to have the analog setup, we had pinhole cameras mounted inside of fake sprinkler heads, inside duct work, junction boxes, the eye of the eye wash station sign :) had to be the best one.... We move them all the time, so if you find one, just ignore it, unless your stealing. It's not there because your picking your nose or bad mouthing your boss or even on your phone (unless your AP are assholes and wasting resources). We had ETL's ask us all the time to move cameras because they want to catch TM's slacking off or on their phone, we always told them to get lost. And Like some of you have pointed out, we don't have cameras in every dome, so we are not going to waste resources (cameras) on TM's making out in the backroom or texting on the job. I really wouldn't worry about the cameras.

Can AP testify to their being no camera in the breakrooms? The reason i ask is we had someone steal someone's lunch, and when I asked aps to investigate he said he couldn't see in the breakroom

Yes we had one in a dome at one of my stores, for as many years as I remember, and nothing at my second store, but we could have if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back