Archived Self-Checkouts

Does your store have self-checkouts?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
actually every store ive been to and ive asked, the cashiers have said they were getting more hours now that they have the self check out. because someone has to man it and someone has to be on cashier. we would open with 1 cashier, now we have 2. laddeeda. but the real test will be in november ... BLACK FRIDAY! then we'll see how much of a pay off they are!

Maybe you have two starting and closing cashiers instead of one but during busy times you probably have fewer cashiers

actually every store ive been to and ive asked, the cashiers have said they were getting more hours now that they have the self check out. because someone has to man it and someone has to be on cashier. we would open with 1 cashier, now we have 2. laddeeda. but the real test will be in november ... BLACK FRIDAY! then we'll see how much of a pay off they are!

35% of our transactions are through SCO. So you are replacing 4 cashiers with one observer. It is not going to add payroll.

well this morning we had 2 cashiers scheduled, which for my store is a dream come true. usually we open with 1 cashier. and around 11 we had 5, which in past weeks we had maybe 3. so for a saturday, that seemed like something. though it could have been a glitch in the spot matrix.

We have self checkouts. Two actually, one on grocery/hardlines and one on our softlines side of our store. I have interesting stories on my experience on running self check outs lol

I wish we had them at my store! I have heard from other stores it cuts down on the backup cashier calls which would be great in my store because lately backup is being called before 9am. Ughhhh

I wish we had them at my store! I have heard from other stores it cuts down on the backup cashier calls which would be great in my store because lately backup is being called before 9am. Ughhhh
Its mad backup worse at my store. Every weekend backup is called before 8:30 am, and the backup now lasts way longer.

My store is just now setting them up to replace the express checkouts. I think it's exciting cause I prefer to use them instead especially when I only have 1 or 2 things.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 58
They cut down on backup at my store. We still have tons of backup, but one person helping 4 guests at a time is better than one person helping one guest at a time, even if the self checkout transactions take longer. They don't take 4x longer.

Is anyone else's store getting another set of self checkout machines? My store is a super with two entrances ("blue side" and "green side") and we are getting another set of self checkouts on the blue side of the store where electronics and guest services is. We have had self checkout since July 2015 and my store was the first in our district to get them. From what I heard they should be operational in a month. I can already see my GSTL asking me if I can watch self checkout while I'm working at the service desk..

We have 8, 4 on each end of the lanes. One side has not worked right yet and its been over a month. The other is intermittent at best and now we seem to have longer lines than ever. Probably because if I know Target they are scheduling with hours alotted as if they all work.

We have 8, 4 on each end of the lanes. One side has not worked right yet and its been over a month. The other is intermittent at best and now we seem to have longer lines than ever. Probably because if I know Target they are scheduling with hours alotted as if they all work.

We lost %30 cashier hours the schedule they went live. Back up calls now start at 8:05am cause they have one cashier trying to push check lane candy and ring guests. GSTL? She/he is stocking bags and clearing hangers since the closers are booted out finished or not.

We got SCO's about a week ago. I have a love/hate relationship with them lol. Back up calls have decreased since we got them. Cashier hours have not been reduced (yet). Most people don't see the no alcohol sale sign and try to buy it anyways. The scales have issues sometimes. It takes longer in the CO. The money in the bag from the SCO's is all mixed up and we have to sort it before we can count it. The GSTL is going to come up with a solution, soon I hope lol.

We got SCO's about a week ago. I have a love/hate relationship with them lol. Back up calls have decreased since we got them. Cashier hours have not been reduced (yet). Most people don't see the no alcohol sale sign and try to buy it anyways. The scales have issues sometimes. It takes longer in the CO. The money in the bag from the SCO's is all mixed up and we have to sort it before we can count it. The GSTL is going to come up with a solution, soon I hope lol.
Our strategy has been to kneel and sort it on the floor when closing, and then add the money from the cartridges on top of the guests' 1s 5s and 10s and then bundle it up. It helps save some sorting time but facing can still be a small hassle. But yeah, door open and shielding you on one side, cart shielding on the other.

The cashier who is watching the SCOs is supposed to approach guests and talk to them about REDcards, which sounds awful.
It is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back