MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Ah, your right. I forgot how much earlier we set. I guess I'll be setting salesplanners next week.

You must get some great comments from guests.
I can't count the number of people we've had whine at us that "School just got out, why are you doing that noooow?"

Heads up. Takes 1 person about 20 hours to pre-build the bts bins. Instructions give you alot more time, but if you get the old assembly line going, you can do it in half the time.

Anyone else building bins solo? I spent one full day on bin-building (had to do headers, street signs, paperwork, takedown patio OVH) and a couple hours today. My STL tried to tear me a new one that they weren't done. I flat out said it was impossible for person to do it all in one day (had 2hrs today to work on them - not counting the time to FIND which box had which bins in them) and they replied by saying they had never experienced it taking "so long". i was exasperated.

I have spent the past three days building shippers and bins as well as helping the SFT build gondolas.
Done with all the shippers still have more bins to go.
The fun part has been finding places to put them when they're built, oh and a clear area to build them in the first place.

Anyone else building bins solo? I spent one full day on bin-building (had to do headers, street signs, paperwork, takedown patio OVH) and a couple hours today. My STL tried to tear me a new one that they weren't done. I flat out said it was impossible for person to do it all in one day (had 2hrs today to work on them - not counting the time to FIND which box had which bins in them) and they replied by saying they had never experienced it taking "so long". i was exasperated.

Took me two whole days to build all the bins and shippers. Put them on pallets and stored them in our old garden area. The only thing left to build are all the socks and underwear bins, but those are easy to build.

Took me two whole days to build all the bins and shippers. Put them on pallets and stored them in our old garden area. The only thing left to build are all the socks and underwear bins, but those are easy to build.

Does that include doing all the signing as well, or are they being prebuilt and stored until set?

Does that include doing all the signing as well, or are they being prebuilt and stored until set?

Just building of the bins and shippers. Next week I have to take down the garden trees and summer signs around the store and put up the BTS overheads (already assembled the overheads). Have to put up the signs (3x5 and 7x11) and the inline headers once BTS is set. Also have to put up the pencil window cling and take off the summer clings (I've already cut the pencil clings to fit the windows). Then I have to build the underwear/sock bins that go in softlines.

Bins? No. I did build both 54" gondolas solo though and will likely build the last full one solo later this week. As for telling your STL the hours it takes to build, you could always point it out on the manual how long it states and tell him if he doesn't find that reasonable that he can call HQ and correct them on it.

Bins? No. I did build both 54" gondolas solo though and will likely build the last full one solo later this week. As for telling your STL the hours it takes to build, you could always point it out on the manual how long it states and tell him if he doesn't find that reasonable that he can call HQ and correct them on it.

I literally showed them the paper that said it took 20 minutes per bin. It was the instruction sheet for the notebook (read:easiest) shippers. I already built every single turquoise bin which was like 4-5 boxes worth (plus some of the endcap bins as well). All the "teen" dark blue ones were built today (minus one box of teen binder shippers). But yeah, I already showed them the paper and they still insisted on saying "I've never seen it take so long" while i'm just dumbfounded since I've NEVER seen a single person build all the back to school bins/shippers in 2-3 days, let alone 1! Not to mention they set 3 aisles today so those had to be signed as well. I still have all the orange bins to build, the floor bins, and then all of softlines. Would be nice to prebuild overheads but I doubt that I will get to that in the two days I have left this week.

my signing guy was scheduled off from today through monday. sometimes i want to whack my etl about the head area.

i built 5 boxes of bins after street date yesterday. today i did sidecaps/revisions. hopefully tomorrow i have another person scheduled with me and we can just focus on building the rest of the bins and maybe build another gondola. our patio is still so packed, we wont be able to set all of BTS on monday. anyone else having that problem? ours is still 30%.

My SFT was building gondolas himself so I helped. His DFM came in and was like... "why is a TL helping you and not the Plano team?". Bottom line my STL was ripped a new one which in turn ripped all the ETLS a new one (it was the STLs first day back from vacation)

our patio is still so packed, we wont be able to set all of BTS on monday. anyone else having that problem? ours is still 30%.

We have a mix of 30%/50%, but with only 4 patio displays left on the whole flat when I left today, we HAVE to set BTS just to fill the big empty hole back there now, lol.

My SFT was building gondolas himself so I helped. His DFM came in and was like... "why is a TL helping you and not the Plano team?". Bottom line my STL was ripped a new one which in turn ripped all the ETLS a new one (it was the STLs first day back from vacation)

Wow, so much wrong with that situation. The DFM shouldn't be worrying about how a store spends it's payroll, nor bringing it up with the STL(should pass it to the DTL and have them deal with it if it's really an issue). SFTs and store payroll come from two completely separate accounts. Also, stores are actually allocated 2 hours of payroll to assist SFTs with gondola building, so the TL could have easily just been keyed to that and been fine. Sounds like this DFM likes to get into people's business too much. Shame, got to say mine rocks.

Wow, so much wrong with that situation. The DFM shouldn't be worrying about how a store spends it's payroll, nor bringing it up with the STL(should pass it to the DTL and have them deal with it if it's really an issue). SFTs and store payroll come from two completely separate accounts. Also, stores are actually allocated 2 hours of payroll to assist SFTs with gondola building, so the TL could have easily just been keyed to that and been fine. Sounds like this DFM likes to get into people's business too much. Shame, got to say mine rocks.

My SFT loves me since I am the only POG person in the district that has people help build gonodolas, the other SFTs have to do it solo.

You must get some great comments from guests.
I can't count the number of people we've had whine at us that "School just got out, why are you doing that noooow?"

Our middle and elementary schools are year round. Guests are thrilled we have supplies now.

ISM-Good job building all the bins in 2 days. Took me 2 and a half days. I think just the cutting down of the cardboard and baling took me a good 2 hours. lol!

Greydot-Did you point out a box and ask them to show you how to build it faster? haha! I get really bored, so I set a stopwatch and try different ways to make them faster.
No way it can be done in 1 day!! Don't think there is any real reason to prebuild the overhead pencils, they only take a couple screws to put together. Easiest part.

Seems like there are more SL towers than last year, doesn't it? I don't start to them build until Monday. Should be now, but no hours. :(

Seems like there are more SL towers than last year, doesn't it? I don't start to them build until Monday. Should be now, but no hours. :(

I thought the same thing when I broke down the signing pallets. Especially the bigger boxes that probably have 3-4 of them in it. I wish this week had more signing hours. Corporate should incorporate the hours into signing the week before for prep.

I thought the same thing when I broke down the signing pallets. Especially the bigger boxes that probably have 3-4 of them in it. I wish this week had more signing hours. Corporate should incorporate the hours into signing the week before for prep.
I wish our hours were forecasted into Max.

Somehow I wish it could be based on how much stuff I receive. I'm still getting ISM and fixtures from our Destination Beauty remodel. Who is going to put this up? I've accrued a whole pallet of it now (if you count the extra curved header adaptors - the metal ones - did anyone keep their extras, or should i send them for recycle?) with no time to put it out.

It's looking like it will be 2 1/2 days for me as well. Spent one full day Tuesday, 2hrs yesterday, and a full day today. Have the front/back floor bins to finish and 3 boxes of orange shippers to go. Did all the endcap bins, and the signing for what has been set already. should be done tomorrow morning. Then onto softlines bins. It does seem like a lot - I'm not looking forward to those big ones. I don't usually mind these, but when there's so many it seems weirdly enough the most annoying part is peeling the tape, and putting on the plastic corners (which didn't even stay on with the last batch at xmas.).

I would like to have a word with the character who decided to have thoses plastic dohickies hanging off the side of the bins.
It should be interesting to see how long they last.

Somehow I wish it could be based on how much stuff I receive. I'm still getting ISM and fixtures from our Destination Beauty remodel. Who is going to put this up? I've accrued a whole pallet of it now (if you count the extra curved header adaptors - the metal ones - did anyone keep their extras, or should i send them for recycle?) with no time to put it out.

Destination Beauty metal curved adaptors need to be put up front and back on every endcap that touch an aisle with a Beauty Valance. If you've done that, recycle the extras, just keep the clear plastic overlays. Those seem to get lost every ad set...

Destination Beauty metal curved adaptors need to be put up front and back on every endcap that touch an aisle with a Beauty Valance. If you've done that, recycle the extras, just keep the clear plastic overlays. Those seem to get lost every ad set...

Yeah, all my endcaps that need them, have them. We have like 4-6 still leftover. That's so much extra metal they wasted sending it. Coincidentally they sent maybe a grand total of 3 grey headerboards to actually go on them. I think my store is cursed when it comes to actually getting sent what it needs.

Yeah, all my endcaps that need them, have them. We have like 4-6 still leftover. That's so much extra metal they wasted sending it. Coincidentally they sent maybe a grand total of 3 grey headerboards to actually go on them. I think my store is cursed when it comes to actually getting sent what it needs.

Same happened at my store too. Threw the extra ones away. Only received 4 grey headboards too and put them for the fronts and had to order 4 more for the backs (and of course they were backordered). When you order them make sure to order the plastic overlays because they don't come all together.

Back