MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Maybe someone already posted about this, if not, FYI on the front page of WB there is a link to a new display report that shows a lot of helpful info.

Saw that on Friday but couldn't get the damn spreadsheet to load for my store! And then it froze the computer which I had to restart. Really hoping it works for me tomorrow!

Maybe someone already posted about this, if not, FYI on the front page of WB there is a link to a new display report that shows a lot of helpful info.
Ooooh, didn't get to login before leaving Friday but am looking forward to tomorrow. Heard we jumped org charts, two new tl spots, but want to see if it gets us more equipment.

Anybody else use a transition tub for your signing? I ordered one last year and it is very helpful. I even put giant googly eyes on it and named it Tubby.
Tubby Mcsignface
I'm in the process of digging mine out from the fixture room. I've got some signing saved to put on it. It was the batmobile back when I started. Because it had everything, lol.

How is everyone storing the new 18x18 softlines sign holders?

Anybody else use a transition tub for your signing? I ordered one last year and it is very helpful. I even put giant googly eyes on it and named it Tubby.
Tubby Mcsignface

I have one. I use it to store my ceiling wires/spider clips and various signing I need to follow up on or want to keep in case I need it later. Extras of category endstrips also. And I have a wooden crate on top for all my tools: hammer, putty knife, mallet, sharpies, wire cutters, fishing line, orange pullers, etc. Mine is labeled as the ISM Signing Cart and is decorated with Lego WyldStyle, the Hulk, and Hank from Finding Dory.

I'm in the process of digging mine out from the fixture room. I've got some signing saved to put on it. It was the batmobile back when I started. Because it had everything, lol.

How is everyone storing the new 18x18 softlines sign holders?

Currently in a cardboard box on a pallet in the fixture room. Is this new signing replacing all the billboards and tower enhancements? Softlines has dumped all those old fixtures in the fixture room and I would love to recycle them if they won't be need again. Has there been any communication about that like there was last year??

Currently in a cardboard box on a pallet in the fixture room. Is this new signing replacing all the billboards and tower enhancements? Softlines has dumped all those old fixtures in the fixture room and I would love to recycle them if they won't be need again. Has there been any communication about that like there was last year??
Search the a&a signing thingy on workbench. They are phasing them out as we go. It lists which seconds still have the old holders so you can at least get the first lump of recycle out.

I've got a stack of them since it's took much to ask that they set the signs in the holders they sent. I'm thinking on the shelves, but light duty shelves don't have dividers and they are too big for the grey bins.

I have one. I use it to store my ceiling wires/spider clips and various signing I need to follow up on or want to keep in case I need it later. Extras of category endstrips also. And I have a wooden crate on top for all my tools: hammer, putty knife, mallet, sharpies, wire cutters, fishing line, orange pullers, etc. Mine is labeled as the ISM Signing Cart and is decorated with Lego WyldStyle, the Hulk, and Hank from Finding Dory.

Unless your current category endstrips are that light grey color like the new aisle numbers, I'd throw them away cause I've noticed new sets keep sending new ones.

Unless your current category endstrips are that light grey color like the new aisle numbers, I'd throw them away cause I've noticed new sets keep sending new ones.

I've noticed. Some of the ones I have saved are newer and still being used though, like the black ones for grocery, paper, pets. Light blue for heathcare since I don't have the holders for the medium height gondolas (missed out on those during the 2010 remodels). And until I get a new set, I will keep the old ones to freshen up if needed.

Search the a&a signing thingy on workbench. They are phasing them out as we go. It lists which seconds still have the old holders so you can at least get the first lump of recycle out.

I've got a stack of them since it's took much to ask that they set the signs in the holders they sent. I'm thinking on the shelves, but light duty shelves don't have dividers and they are too big for the grey bins.

Thanks for the tip, I will look into that tomorrow.

What is weirder is that no one will ask you why :p.

Just make sure u have "it", lol
This still creeps me out. But heaven forbid I order sharpies...it's like I killed someone there's so many questions add to why I need them, what I use them for, if I really need fine tip when we have tons of chisel point...lol.

Got a shitton of cosmetics signs in yesterday btw! :D I'm so happy. But it's still not nearly enough.

AND I STILL NEED TO ORDER NEW LIPSTICK HOLDERS WOOPS.

So anyone know what they were thinking with the new 18x18 signholders in softlines? Yeah, sure, this tiny stem will hold this gigantic plastic holder securely.

I don't even see how they could possibly be saving money issuing all these holders instead of just using what we already had.

Back