MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

We got dinged twice for having sidecaps standing up on the floor. Where/how do you store yours?

We don't typically have any extras, everything we have is on the floor and filled with something. If a random one does appear in the fixture room, we store it along a wall, on the floor.

Can someone give me the part # for seasonal 2 (ODL 2? ) CSE fabric graphics? I believe it's the one w/o the gardening hose and about 58x238" in size. I tried mysupporting but its taking awhile for a reply.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wish I was on the other side of mySupport too because then I could stop receiving such stupid "answers" all the time. Lol

This reminds me of the time that, I asked "This display never came for our store, on our most recent transition. Any help, obtaining one would be greatly appreciated, thank you".

Their replay, verbatim.

"Please, do not sell this item, as it is a display! all Displays, now have a class number of 94."

This reminds me of the time that, I asked "This display never came for our store, on our most recent transition. Any help, obtaining one would be greatly appreciated, thank you".

Their replay, verbatim.

"Please, do not sell this item, as it is a display! all Displays, now have a class number of 94."

In the May 2017 Electeonics transition we were supposed to get a specific display. I finally got around to MySupporting it in October because it hadn't come in after me researching it for months.

They said "please wait blah blah high demand display. Blah blah"

Like wtf

In the May 2017 Electeonics transition we were supposed to get a specific display. I finally got around to MySupporting it in October because it hadn't come in after me researching it for months.

Like wtf
My Pmt is always getting criticized by his dpmt for missing displays. He orders replacements gives me aheads up to expect them but it takes forever to get them in if ever.

Like wtf

I wonder if changing the display capacity help. I notice with some it shows capacity 0. I change capacity to 1, then I research the item down to 0.

Their replay, verbatim.

I will never forget the time I mysupported a part number for a missing arm on a mannequin and I got asked "What is a mannequin?"

I'm not sure how much it matters but I've been leaving feedback on my cases. 1-5 stars and a comment. I've had enough of their stupidity

I did that recently too after I got a response which explained to me how to use SAP like I'm a fucking moron but did not give me ANY kind of answer to my ACTUAL question.

I have to wait a couple hours before giving feedback though...until I can control the urge to speak as freely as I do here and instead leave a blunt (but professional sounding) scathing review.

Is mysupport still outsourced to a country that doesn't even have a spot? If so I can just see these people struggling with the language and trying to picture all the problems that we are having when they have probably never worked retail, and never even been inside a spot before. Haha. And all they have are pat answers given to them by their company. Once again, Good Job Spot!

Yes.

The tall softlines movable wall signing for this week all look horrible because they were just crushed into the small boxes together. They are full of streak marks from the folds.

Does anyone know the DPCI for the Harry's orange shelf liner? I can't seem to find mine and wasn't able to figure out how to find the fixture in the planogram info. If someone can show me how to find it through the planogram info I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_3068.jpg
    IMG_3068.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 22
Does anyone know the DPCI for the Harry's orange shelf liner? I can't seem to find mine and wasn't able to figure out how to find the fixture in the planogram info. If someone can show me how to find it through the planogram info I would appreciate it.
Is it not listed under ISM Elements on the pog? I could swear when we set that it was listed on there.

Hey! Just got switch to signing TM and have some questions if you don't mind answering some or all of them.

Overhead
1. How do you know if an overhead is facing the dept. or the main aisle?

Processing discontinued displays
2. When do you override and destroy the item vs just salvaging it? For example, display curtains?
3. Let's say a baby car set goes destroyed, does it go in the compacter or sweep in the truck?
4. What do you do with display that don't have a barcode or no longer in the system?

SAP
5. Is there a way to see if someone already ordered a certain sign so I don't double order?
6. How soon do ordered signs come in? I notice a lot of what I order is 11 days from something tells me it's a lot longer.
7. Sometimes I would find multiple part # for the same item. Some a lot cheaper and say import/domestic what's the difference?

Other
8. Those softline movable wall signs for endcaps, seems like there's always a mirror or endcap gondola in the way. Is that normal or should I remove it?
9. Signs with no loc but not discontinued. Toss or keep?
10. Those short cribs in infant display. Are those suppose to have bed sheets? I have some fitted sheets for that aisle but their too big.

Hey! Just got switch to signing TM and have some questions if you don't mind answering some or all of them.

Overhead
1. How do you know if an overhead is facing the dept. or the main aisle?
Facing the main aisle. Overheads are typically two sided so the image shows both ways.
Processing discontinued displays
2. When do you override and destroy the item vs just salvaging it? For example, display curtains?
I would override it every time.
3. Let's say a baby car set goes destroyed, does it go in the compacter or sweep in the truck? Compactor
4. What do you do with display that don't have a barcode or no longer in the system? Compactor

I never bother with processing displays. The one time I did, it was way too time consuming and I don't usually have that kind of spare time. Displays that have electrical components go on CRC pallet, everything else goes in the compactor.
SAP
5. Is there a way to see if someone already ordered a certain sign so I don't double order?
Not that I know of. I am the only one that order signs though, everyone goes thru me if they need a sign.
6. How soon do ordered signs come in? I notice a lot of what I order is 11 days from something tells me it's a lot longer.
Sometimes as fast as a week, sometimes never, lol. But 11 days is fairly accurate for a lot of items.
7. Sometimes I would find multiple part # for the same item. Some a lot cheaper and say import/domestic what's the difference?
Not sure of the difference, but I always buy the cheaper one as a lot of times, it will ship faster.

Other
8. Those softline movable wall signs for endcaps, seems like there's always a mirror or endcap gondola in the way. Is that normal or should I remove it?
Remove it. There should always be panels up that you switch out seasonally so there should always be a spot available.
9. Signs with no loc but not discontinued. Toss or keep?
Depends. Check to see if there is an upcoming pog or salesplan before tossing. Click the sign description on the zebra and scroll down to see new pog or salesplan listed . If it says no planograms, toss it.
10. Those short cribs in infant display. Are those suppose to have bed sheets? I have some fitted sheets for that aisle but their too big.
They should have short rail sized sheets to fit the smaller mattress. Display numbers for these sheets are listed on the planogram, but you will need to sort out which ones they are as it is hard to tell which display number goes with which display. Duplicate display numbers indicate a crib mattress or bed skirt as there are mulitples on the pog.

Answers are in bold above. Hope this helps!

Back