MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Anyone actually getting those hours mentioned in the addendum? I'm still having to try to break down the pallet between flexes, much less have any time for the non-pog stuff.

At this point I'd be happy with just 2 hours scheduled a week with no other responsibilities, much less the 10 it talks about in the Addendum.

I can't wait until it's my responsibility to build all the BTS crap. Will probably end up doing that while expected to do 6 other things as well.

It sucks, I had hope that the addendum was acknowledging the fact that someone needs to be scheduled to handle this crap.

Nope! They act like it doesn't exist. Great! Maybe I'll start rolling the pallet over to the compactor and whoosh! It doesn't exist either.

And no one here has mentioned anything about whatever new signing area labels are supposed to be up.

I can't wait until it's my responsibility to build all the BTS crap. Will probably end up doing that while expected to do 6 other things as well.

lol did anyone notice how in either one of the addendums or upcoming notes for the bts set it said building the bins was the responsibility of the dbos of that area? i was like yeah that's not happening. and if it does they're not going to build them in advance like they should.

Anyone actually getting those hours mentioned in the addendum? I'm still having to try to break down the pallet between flexes, much less have any time for the non-pog stuff.

At this point I'd be happy with just 2 hours scheduled a week with no other responsibilities, much less the 10 it talks about in the Addendum.

It sucks, I had hope that the addendum was acknowledging the fact that someone needs to be scheduled to handle this crap.
I am, though this is definently an ASANTS situation. I get two 7 hour gen merch shifts a week tagged as sign. My store is still way behind in implementing modernization though. I still get scheduled as Presentation the rest of my week.

lol did anyone notice how in either one of the addendums or upcoming notes for the bts set it said building the bins was the responsibility of the dbos of that area? i was like yeah that's not happening. and if it does they're not going to build them in advance like they should.

Building bins?

Any one read what the essential pallets are? Apparently there's a whole aisle of it on adjacency map for BTS.

Last edited:
Our signing person is the DBO of seasonal. We actually have two people working that area. I think one or both might get it done in a timely manner. For once I feel like my store did something smart.

What’s the easiest way to pre-tie? The old way on online planogram doesn’t work anymore. Is typing the pog number on the mydevice the only way now?

What’s the easiest way to pre-tie? The old way on online planogram doesn’t work anymore. Is typing the pog number on the mydevice the only way now?

It would appear that way. Perhaps once they integrate OLP and TWT info onto the zebras there will also be an easy way to pretie. Guess we wait and see!

It would appear that way. Perhaps once they integrate OLP and TWT info onto the zebras there will also be an easy way to pretie. Guess we wait and see!
Pretieing hasn't even been working at my location anymore. It comes in as if it were tied to "B35" instead of "TB35". Some sections, it causes more headaches than help, so I've skipped a few preties...

Pretieing hasn't even been working at my location anymore. It comes in as if it were tied to "B35" instead of "TB35". Some sections, it causes more headaches than help, so I've skipped a few preties...
SKIPPED ?? I would never get away with that ! I’ve even been asked if I would pre-tie EVERY upcoming endcap !
1. Am I getting the TIME to do this ?
2. If this is so that nothing needs to get backstocked how do I FILL them when I set them with NO batch being made ?
3. So now presentation has to backstock the excess instead of the inbound team.
😔 sigh.

SKIPPED ?? I would never get away with that ! I’ve even been asked if I would pre-tie EVERY upcoming endcap !
2. If this is so that nothing needs to get backstocked how do I FILL them when I set them with NO batch being made ?
😔 sigh.
Historically, the truck team would err on the side of popping up whatever they could, so I would frequently get my sales plans trapped on pallets with new sets, repacks of push trapped with repacks of transition. So sometimes, not pretieing anything meant there wasnt pretied transition to trap thus the business owner would receive all the cases on their regular stuff to flex out/backstock appropriately. It works better for some areas than others

😔 sigh.
You can’t pretie SPLs

I guess I’ve never tried 😂 someone told me you can but by the time I tie them the pretie option would be gone
Option is gone on the device during the week it's due. You can pre-tie anything 2 weeks to 1 week out. If you need to pre-tie during the week of(just so you give it a location prior to setting), I use OLP but with IE web browser instead of Google Chrome. Unless it has recently changed, this was the only way. Be careful though because it totally messes up the SFQ for the sales plan or planogram. You would need to tell the system how much product is on the floor. I was told the SFQ with pre-ties are because we've trapped the freight therefore the system thinks it's on the floor versus being pulled in a batch.

There was an update in the May or June addendum stating pre-ties should only be done through the device but I'm guessing it's because eventually OLP will be disolved on the computer.

Option is gone on the device during the week it's due. You can pre-tie anything 2 weeks to 1 week out. If you need to pre-tie during the week of(just so you give it a location prior to setting), I use OLP but with IE web browser instead of Google Chrome. Unless it has recently changed, this was the only way. Be careful though because it totally messes up the SFQ for the sales plan or planogram. You would need to tell the system how much product is on the floor. I was told the SFQ with pre-ties are because we've trapped the freight therefore the system thinks it's on the floor versus being pulled in a batch.

There was an update in the May or June addendum stating pre-ties should only be done through the device but I'm guessing it's because eventually OLP will be disolved on the computer.
I knew the pretie option isn’t there the week of. I was just saying I never look at SPLs on the mydevice the week before so I just assumed you couldn’t pretie

mLBCcUJ.jpg

Saw this post of an ancient Target on Reddit, was reminded I never got my popsicles.

I love the ancient decor combined with modern amplified gifting.

Back