MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

"non-pog ism" so basically just overheads/front end signing since everything else has a spot on the floor. The only time I ever see signing worked is when somebody is throwing it away straight from the backroom to make room for the newest stuff.

It's not even front end or overheads from what I can tell. The last 2 weeks I checked it, the hours listed in the addendum under "non pog signing" equal exactly what was in the non pog signing guide. Can't remember if the non-pog guide listed the 2 fixture room hours and the pallet breakdown or if I had to add those to get the total for the week but I do remember it adding up to the addendum's weekly total once I added everything listed in the guide.

Last time I saw anything about a FOS overhead it said that a "GM Expert" was to hang it. Granted, that was before this mythical 12hrs popped up, but still makes me think they're budgeting that elsewhere since the hours for the star thing weren't in the non-pog guide for July.

In other news, after an injury in our deathtrap of a fixture room, I am getting 4 hours of that 12 now. So it's a start. Kinda sad because I had just half-joked to someone 2 weeks ago that an injury is what it was going to take to get them to actually give me the hours to get the room under control. Too bad they're blaming my TL for the state of the fixture room even though he has been begging for time to clean it and for people to stop just throwing crap in there for months now.

Only signing hours I've gotten in the last 4 months were last week.

I'm guessing half the signing we get I throw away. Today, I threw away any signing from 7-7 or before. I don't even bother opening it anymore. If anyone asks, I just say, it's been two weeks, why wasn't it done? Seems to quell any further comments.
I hold unto anything that hasn't been done. Not my responsibility to get rid of work that still can be done. Once I see discontinued I will gladly do it.

Last edited:
So we get an hr for "sap reorder"? Ha Ha

Funny, when I brought up those hours they ignored basically everything except that part. They thought it sounded like a good idea to have everyone come to me for their orders.

I asked how I was supposed to do that without the time or the access and they're going to "get back with me".

I'm betting I get to maintain a lovely list and hand it to an ETL once a week or some nonsense.

Funny, when I brought up those hours they ignored basically everything except that part. They thought it sounded like a good idea to have everyone come to me for their orders.

I asked how I was supposed to do that without the time or the access and they're going to "get back with me".

I'm betting I get to maintain a lovely list and hand it to an ETL once a week or some nonsense.

That's basically what I do for orders.

They are discontinuing TWT and Online Planogram this fall according to August addendum.

I don't know who does Target's tech but they all need to be fired. There are constant issues.
IF and IF is the key work, they do what they say and everything actually works, I can live without them. I already can’t use online Plano because we got switched over to the chrome boxes which obviously don’t have IE and TWT will be on the my devices

IF and IF is the key work, they do what they say and everything actually works, I can live without them. I already can’t use online Plano because we got switched over to the chrome boxes which obviously don’t have IE and TWT will be on the my devices

That is correct.

Still no real line listing with the lead-in inches on the Zebra, and they already took away the nicely-formatted line listing from Store Applications. I guess once they kill off OLP, it'll just be impossible to set a POG if you don't have the strips. Oops!

Still no real line listing with the lead-in inches on the Zebra, and they already took away the nicely-formatted line listing from Store Applications. I guess once they kill off OLP, it'll just be impossible to set a POG if you don't have the strips. Oops!
You can print the paper planograms from the mydevice. The same ones that come in store mail, not the ones you can print from OLP

I never look at lead-in inches, just the image on zebra. Then if need be I adjust labels after pushing.

I always just guesstimate where the labels go and adjust as I fillback. It gets it fairly close usually. Reverse aisles are a bit trickier obviously, lol.

You can print the paper planograms from the mydevice. The same ones that come in store mail, not the ones you can print from OLP
They don't have the lead-in inches on the line listing like the OLP ones did, or like you'd get if you hit F11 in Store Applications. We still have the old 48" magnetic tape measures, so we stick them to the shelf and drop the labels in at the spot.

They don't have the lead-in inches on the line listing like the OLP ones did, or like you'd get if you hit F11 in Store Applications. We still have the old 48" magnetic tape measures, so we stick them to the shelf and drop the labels in at the spot.
Ohhh I see what you mean. I’ve never really used those. I’ve always estimated on the labels based off the planogram photo for that section then fix it after I push

I shed a couple tears whenever my labels are late :/

I swear.....more than usual. 😂

Apparently a store in my area kept all their seasonal gondola pieces in an outside trailer they had.

The problem with this is that the trailer got picked up.

They now cannot set back to school because they don't have gondola pieces.

I blame modernization.

Damn. I mean, just.....damn.

Apparently a store in my area kept all their seasonal gondola pieces in an outside trailer they had.

The problem with this is that the trailer got picked up.

They now cannot set back to school because they don't have gondola pieces.

I blame modernization.

Yikes. It would suck if they have to go to every store for parts and they don't return the parts you need for next transition.

Back