MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

i'm dying. i have three pallets of store ordered fixtures for "bounceback", one pallet of backordered NIT, the pallet of personal care, and that giant freight train of a pallet with garden place. oh, lets not forget the CSE i'm working on. its going to be a long week. sidenote - why are there 10,000 tiny backer paper boxes for seasonal? wth? unrelated - anyone's Prabal sign not break? if not we don't need to replace with the dup the sent fedex today, do we?

Mine busted to pieces and I cut up the main sign so I could jury rig it.
Now I'll have to order another.

They said if yours set fine disregard the fix, is how i read it, i havent started my cse yet i told back room wednesday the wav belongs to me, i dunno how you guys do them but if anyone new needs an idea: i take an old metal hook or an extra new cse and go up take them all down hanging them on the side, same as putting up pre load the hook in thevorder and just do as you go, im not the best detail giver lol but im sure the veterans know what i mean, but that saves me time

Great night. PTL gave me a helper and the two of us were able to set the FOS spring (no sweat) and all of the CSE signs, check in this weeks supply pallet, plus plano set 90% of the personal care signs.

Amazing how much time can be saved if you just get someone to hand you signs and all the running around and trash....

Great night. PTL gave me a helper and the two of us were able to set the FOS spring (no sweat) and all of the CSE signs, check in this weeks supply pallet, plus plano set 90% of the personal care signs.

Amazing how much time can be saved if you just get someone to hand you signs and all the running around and trash....

Wow, I am so jealous.

Wow, I am so jealous.

me too.

Wow, I am so jealous.

me too.

Put me on that band wagon as well! I remember like 3 years ago - I had a softlines brand TM help me put up the High Wall CSE for softlines by me handing her the old sign from the wave and her handing me the new one. Seems silly but being able to do it in one single pass through is so much faster! Personal care starts tomorrow for me. Signing isn't as bad as I had anticipated it to be - since all of those flat boxes are backer and not signs (per se). I am sure I will have to be on top of everyone. I've been splitting my days: come in and put everything for plano on a flat/tub/cart, drop it off at the aise, then skate over to softlines and get hopefully 2-3 solid hours of CSE signing done. then swing back around to plano and audit what they are doing. today the tm doing melamine completely disregarded the two fixture boxes that read "plastic dinnerware" in my handwriting sitting in their aisle and comepletely fenced out that section. I was like 'serously'??? no one reads. no one reads. i know the tl didn't read the packet either since that was a big call-out and they were working in the same aisle. i still have to get through the rest of my garden place pallet - i'm still trying to get the softlines out to make room to break that pallet into two spaces.

anyway i already anticipate doing the electric shave, fixing all the non-reverse setting things in wet shave and kids dental. plus the electric dental displays and the special supergraph for hand soap. we'll see.

And don't forget the new Men's smelly stuff display.

Does everyone get this? I didn't have an adjacency but I didn't see any boxes for it when I went through the pallet, unless it is labeled as men's shave, or men's deo. I saw it mentioned twice on the early set notes, but other than that I wouldn't know it existed.

For us it's the men's deluxe, right next to the electric razors where all the high end shave creams and stuff are.

For us it's the men's deluxe, right next to the electric razors where all the high end shave creams and stuff are.

do you have men's wet/electric shave and deo all in one aisle and then women's somewhere else? we have a weird combo with all deo + electric shave in one, and then mens and women's wet shave in another run (includes depilitories, women's electric and men's aftershave as well).

do you have men's wet/electric shave and deo all in one aisle and then women's somewhere else? we have a weird combo with all deo + electric shave in one, and then mens and women's wet shave in another run (includes depilitories, women's electric and men's aftershave as well).

Yea, we have men's and women's shave/deo in separate aisles.

Does everyone get this? I didn't have an adjacency but I didn't see any boxes for it when I went through the pallet, unless it is labeled as men's shave, or men's deo. I saw it mentioned twice on the early set notes, but other than that I wouldn't know it existed.

same question. we finished personal care yesterday. no men's smelly stuff, at least on the pog...
how did you guys sign/label the chrome travel baskets on the shave aisle?

anyone feel that the entire home decor section was a huge waste of time? our aisles completely flipped and shuffled down, just to take the aisle on the end to the other end. silliness.
what do the FOS overheads look like? how long do they take to build? we're gonna try to get to it in the AM.

I havent even looked, at this point i already assume its a pain, i wish i could sit in the meeting when they decide that stuff and just punch someone and show them the paper cuts and the broken hooks

same question. we finished personal care yesterday. no men's smelly stuff, at least on the pog...
how did you guys sign/label the chrome travel baskets on the shave aisle?

anyone feel that the entire home decor section was a huge waste of time? our aisles completely flipped and shuffled down, just to take the aisle on the end to the other end. silliness.
what do the FOS overheads look like? how long do they take to build? we're gonna try to get to it in the AM.

We used the individual hang tags for each basket (can't remember the number).
The lamp aisle made me crazy.
Why did it take you most of the morning just to do that one aisle?
Lets see, build 5 lamps, take all of the displays down because they flipped the entire aisle, put them back up and do the new 3X5's.
Let's see you do that in less than 2 hours.

For the chrome baskets in shave, we use the trial and travel holders. They have the triangular slots in the for the hooks. I can get the number of the part tomorrow if you want.

chrome baskets - doing it in the morning but will most likely use the trial and travel holders as mentioned by buckwill above.

lamps. ugh. i boycotted. i get stuck with lamps.every.single.time. i was like - i have CSE to do and didn't look back. it went better then i had thought it would since at least the displays were up - took them another day to get the 3x5s up though. i probably would have just done it if i had gotten prior warning other than walking in on a monday and them saying it was happening. best case scenario i would plan ahead for the lamp aisle and do the displays and 3x5s the day before so the team could just handle the strips/product.

CSE. how is everyone's CSE going? second time they forgot to send all my RTW walls. though maybe they weren't doing all of them, but it is listed as an option in the Monthly. is anyone waiting on the stabilizers for where the denim focals are/were? i was wondering if they were going to notice if the old panels didn't all have them - surprised they did. message board said to hold off and wait for the acrylic pieces, but i did my own fix since i want that huge pallet out on the next sweep. for the denim i just cut the top of the sign off. so it was like using the top of the old focal as the stabilizer bar. my old merona one, however didn't have stabilizers for some reason, but also didn't have them built in. i might regret it later but i literally just hung the new one over the old one. i am debating whether or not to try and recycle that one later once the brackets are available or just send back what i have now and compact that one when the time comes.

haven't broken out the new FOS yet. probably won't do that until after easter overheads are up (first thing next week). honestly they didn't seem that difficult in the picture (after the color sign what is anymore?).

home decor wasn't so bad here - but our layout didn't call for the major moves that some stores had. who here got the display bookcase? is it a revision? i have the display and i actually read the packet but my TL swears up and down that there is no POG for it, and the the revision over there "didn't call for anything other than product moves". my suspicion is that is was just them not really paying attention to that revision, but there is also a paperwork black hole and i don't feel like sherlock holmes-ing this one this week.

home decor wasn't so bad here - but our layout didn't call for the major moves that some stores had. who here got the display bookcase? is it a revision? i have the display and i actually read the packet but my TL swears up and down that there is no POG for it, and the the revision over there "didn't call for anything other than product moves". my suspicion is that is was just them not really paying attention to that revision, but there is also a paperwork black hole and i don't feel like sherlock holmes-ing this one this week.

Got it, built it, now nobody seems to know what to do with it.
Just shaking my head on that one.

Did anybody get another crib out of the blue or was there a note I didn't see?
I've got a crib display and no idea why they sent it.

Got it, built it, now nobody seems to know what to do with it.
Just shaking my head on that one.

Did anybody get another crib out of the blue or was there a note I didn't see?
I've got a crib display and no idea why they sent it.

There is a plano for furniture this week that puts that bookcase up. Did it last night, but I didn't find a shelftalker for it? Anyone know where to look for it?

The bookcase for our store went on a planogram that had the desk chairs. I believe it was the home office aisle. Didn't receive a shelftalker for it either. Most likely it will come next week.

Front of the store signing is not too bad. Just lots of folding and a bunch of viking clips to hold it all together. There are three cylinders that need to be built. Its best to hang them separately from the ceiling and then connect them together.

Built the Easter overheads. If you do not have a lot of space to store signing I would recommend holding off on this until the day you are setting mini because it takes up a lot of room.

I set my denim without using that stabilizer, aint nodody got time for that, i aint holding that stuff, by the time they actually send you the peice it will be with the august refresh

I set both RTW and Mens jeans without the stabilizer. They look just fine, so when they do arrive, I'll take my time putting it up.

We're setting Easter tomorrow. How long will it take me to build the overhead?

I set my denim without using that stabilizer, aint nodody got time for that, i aint holding that stuff, by the time they actually send you the peice it will be with the august refresh

I set both RTW and Mens jeans without the stabilizer. They look just fine, so when they do arrive, I'll take my time putting it up.

We're setting Easter tomorrow. How long will it take me to build the overhead?

Easter overheads are easy. At most 1 hour to build. There's two drums to build (similar to the one that used to be in infants, but smaller in width), a Happy Easter header, and some navigational headers.

I know this should go in the TM section but you folks will understand a bit more.
I'm sure you've seen the rather extensive refresh they've done for the male/female health endcaps, shelf liner, backer paper, the whole nine yards.
Also both the toothpaste endcaps.
I put them up front like I always do.
Today I was told that because "they couldn't find the boxes, I needed to take care of it."
On shelves that are already set.
This is on top of the 60 hours of signing we have this week.

Yeah i always deal with we couldnt find it, ih you mean the box right there in the section i labeled salesplanners/hardlines, i dont mind that much cause it just gives me extra hours,

Back