MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

for hip printers or office printers? The office printers will automatically reorder when the toner drops to about 20% left. They’ll auto ship to the stores.

So uh

What am I supposed to do for the cleanup next week

I don't know what to do

Do you already have an 8ft space carved out for endcap ISM (generic headers, 11x11 toppers, clearance 11x11s, shelves for each area's endcap ISM)? If you do, you're ready for the new ISM coming this week or next. All of the old endcap ISM gets tossed (there's a list on WB) and replaced with new...again. Every endcap in the store should be updated by beginning of March.

Also coming is more 3x2 clearance tags being used by market for clearance items. Probably more of the yellow clearance labels too.

We reduced down on a lot of fixturing; needed to make room for bulk signing stuff (finally lost my steel space 😭😭😭). Tossed all the old c-rails since we're getting new ones for ODL, thinned out all our pushers stock, reduced peghooks.

All bins are labeled with item description and part number for easy ordering. This was fairly easy because I had already started labeling like this years ago.

Ask about your metal recycling dumpster ASAP. You don't want to have to touch everything more than you have to so waiting until it arrives is ideal (we did not get this luxury 😡).

Do you already have an 8ft space carved out for endcap ISM (generic headers, 11x11 toppers, clearance 11x11s, shelves for each area's endcap ISM)? If you do, you're ready for the new ISM coming this week or next. All of the old endcap ISM gets tossed (there's a list on WB) and replaced with new...again. Every endcap in the store should be updated by beginning of March.

Also coming is more 3x2 clearance tags being used by market for clearance items. Probably more of the yellow clearance labels too.

We reduced down on a lot of fixturing; needed to make room for bulk signing stuff (finally lost my steel space 😭😭😭). Tossed all the old c-rails since we're getting new ones for ODL, thinned out all our pushers stock, reduced peghooks.

All bins are labeled with item description and part number for easy ordering. This was fairly easy because I had already started labeling like this years ago.

Ask about your metal recycling dumpster ASAP. You don't want to have to touch everything more than you have to so waiting until it arrives is ideal (we did not get this luxury 😡).

We have a 4ft section and nobody asks about the area endcaps. There's steel space for all area signage.

IDK what fixtures to throw away.

We have a 4ft section and nobody asks about the area endcaps. There's steel space for all area signage.

IDK what fixtures to throw away.

Anything you don't need anymore or some you have too much of. I tossed all the extra car floor mat arms, hand weight fixtures, baseball hat fixtures, even found some old baseball bat fixtures and iron pods.

The toss list wasn't super helpful, only things to toss were any lockboxes and 9 inch double loop white fixtures. Some items they gave keep quantities (like peghooks) like they thought we'd actually count them to be accurate. 🤣 Most just said keep all remaining. Most items we kept to one bin and any extra were tossed, a few we kept in two bins (7x11 signholders-all versions).

Is there another store out there that has their cribs on the gear wall? I can't figure out how it's supposed to look and what I'm supposed to hang the signs on. If you could post a picture on here or pm me a picture it would be very helpful, thank you

If anyone is setting the hair appliances pog this week, not only did they send new fixtures for the hair dryers, but also new signholders. The fixtures are fine, despite being unnecessary but the signholders are crap. They don't fit on the bars quite right, not quite flush. So I used the old ones instead since the signing still fit.

If anyone is setting the hair appliances pog this week, not only did they send new fixtures for the hair dryers, but also new signholders. The fixtures are fine, despite being unnecessary but the signholders are crap. They don't fit on the bars quite right, not quite flush. So I used the old ones instead since the signing still fit.

Is that just your store? Because my store did not get any new fixtures

I stand corrected. It is not good. We have so much trash that we can't throw away because some dumbass at corporate decided to cancel the metal recycle dumpster and send us a mixed material only on Wednesday, when none of us that are doing this project are here.

I’m thankful they sent the new sign holders since I haven’t had any since the store opened. Also the new appliance holders are kinda dumb... I didn’t switch them yet I’m still debating. Also love that there was no communication for these.

I now know why my SD didn't use those dedicated hours for the fixture room. We got an extra truck this week. I'd love to know what the plan is for this. I haven't seen the new pallets of signing yet, but I imagine if I see them first, I'll just dump the lot in the compactor and call it a day. Starting to see a huge backup in the push too. Plus 4 or 5 pallets of unsorted softlines.

Waiting on the new pallets myself.

Apparently we added two trucks this week for whatever forsaken reason.

Back