MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Please note, stores receiving their label strips this week that the pink pack list affixed to the outside of your box has the POG lists in a scrambled order compared to the correct order physically in the box (kept together by Beauty/Food/GM/Elec). We've reached out to the ESS team and they aware of the issue and looking into what happened when the data was transferred over compared to last week.

Also beware, a mini version of Mariah Carey may pop out of the box and start singing holiday songs based upon what labels are in this weeks shipment.

Issues currently in resolving stages:

- WIC symbols resized
- Red item dot is red once again
- Yellow/Orange weights and measures boxes are adjusted
- H&B and cosmetic items are printing properly on their correct straps
- All DPCI's should have a barcode now and not a randomly generated block of numbers

Still on-going in investigation:

- Excessive blank strips
- Random extra wide barcodes

Last edited:
Did we get a new label strip company and if so can we fire them already. I've never had this bad of misprints.

The kinks are being worked out, just chill. Label strips are printed in house now- think of all the tweaks still being done for MyDay; it takes some time to get it right. They are aware of many of the issues (see one of the above messages in this thread) but also ask to send issues via the chatbot to make sure they catch everything.

Did we get a new label strip company and if so can we fire them already. I've never had this bad of misprints.

Define mis-prints. Incorrect spacing? Incorrect schematics? What POG (don't need the exact one, just the department it's affecting). Need specifics to narrow down exactly what's going on.

Was this in the last 2 weeks of boxes when we switched conversion programs?

Define mis-prints. Incorrect spacing? Incorrect schematics? What POG (don't need the exact one, just the department it's affecting). Need specifics to narrow down exactly what's going on.

I noticed a few odd things on this latest batch of label strips. I will try to get a photo the next time I work.

Entertainment mostly right now. Current week strips that came in a week or two ago. Spacing for sure. The movie rounder that is in remodel stores with pushers. Just smashed all the movies together into itty bitty labels off to one side. The mini 2-space shelves on that rounder aren't even in the right order for standard or reverse and are are on opposite ends of the strip for an 8 inch section. I also don't know what's going on with picture books. Tons of picture books stacked in the pog. But that's Plano design considering it's putting 10+ picture books on a shelf that fits 4

Entertainment mostly right now. Current week strips that came in a week or two ago. Spacing for sure. The movie rounder that is in remodel stores with pushers. Just smashed all the movies together into itty bitty labels off to one side. The mini 2-space shelves on that rounder aren't even in the right order for standard or reverse and are are on opposite ends of the strip for an 8 inch section. I also don't know what's going on with picture books. Tons of picture books stacked in the pog. But that's Plano design considering it's putting 10+ picture books on a shelf that fits 4

Picture books has always been iffy since 3-5 years ago. Stacking different size books with different price points looks ugly and confusing zone wise. HQ does not want to fix the POG for whatever reason or reduce the amount of books to fit properly.

But I do see where we can improve a bit on the strips. When items are stacked or condensed together, usually short labels are used and condensed to the left side of the product. For some reason, picture books doesn't do this. Bigger books should be to last in the label order while smaller items stacked in the front should be first label shown on the left. Spacing should be based on widest book in the stack. And preferably similar price points are together.

Edit: Added a few example pics. Spacing of labels are random and off.

Attachments

• IMG_20220927_154000.jpg
    IMG_20220927_154000.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20220927_154006.jpg
    IMG_20220927_154006.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Picture books has always been iffy since 3-5 years ago. Stacking different size books with different price points looks ugly and confusing zone wise. HQ does not want to fix the POG for whatever reason or reduce the amount of books to fit properly.

But I do see where we can improve a bit on the strips. When items are stacked or condensed together, usually short labels are used and condensed to the left side of the product. For some reason, picture books doesn't do this. Bigger books should be to last in the label order while smaller items stacked in the front should be first label shown on the left. Spacing should be based on widest book in the stack. And preferably similar price points are together.

Edit: Added a few example pics. Spacing of labels are random and off.
This has never been an issue in any store I've ever been in, however I did find there's a fixture specifically for picture books actually. If your strip has 7 labels there's a fixture that hooks on the back of the entertainment shelf that angles them out

We set the transitions in Kitchen/Small Appliances and the issues we encountered was certain locations (entire label) were not printed on the label strip. The Red dot with the last 4 numbers of the dpci were really dark and didn't stand out (font size too small). What was wrong with the current print company? Other than sometimes we didn't receive label strips on time.

Printing partners haven't changed, it's still being done in-house by the same people. Only the program that is used to convert item schematics such as scanned dimensions from the Cubiscan into a shelf location has changed and was written from the ground up to also bring it in-house finally (the old program was not actually Target controlled/owned).

Several other members have been updated with progress of the week and seen it, it's being worked on, trust me.

The best thing you can do is to continue to send in MySupports for any issues you have from the last 2 weeks of strips and on-going as the vast quantity of tickets further escalates the severity among business partners, project owners and directors.

The reverse side strips with items being dropped off is a high priority trying to figure out what void the data is going off into. Shipments for this week should see the red dot back at the correct color. Most of the metro stores are getting visits from the team responsible for the the application, specifically for the entertainment/books section regarding how all of the next-gen fixtures are causing spacing issues with their custom lengths which is creating problems for the program.

Printing partners haven't changed, it's still being done in-house by the same people. Only the program that is used to convert item schematics such as scanned dimensions from the Cubiscan into a shelf location has changed and was written from the ground up to also bring it in-house finally (the old program was not actually Target controlled/owned).
So what you're saying is target messed up yet another in-house piece of software. Shocker.

-Are 7x11 sign holders still back-ordered?
-What about the 7x11 floor stand are they back-ordered?
-Does anyone know the number for the neo pegs for backer?

So it appears that our tech team hasn't been printing or setting price accuracy and peg labels for revisions/transitions for months. Months. It's a hot mess.

Same. We've got all new guys over there which doesn't help. Had to explain to the TL why not doing their job correctly and her not following up to ensure accuracy on their part causes HUGE problems & is extra work when Plano has to set transitions. TV wall in June was a massive cluster because revisions hadn't been done right over the last year.

The Tech transition will be coming up soon and right all the wrongs.....at least temporarily.

Same. We've got all new guys over there which doesn't help. Had to explain to the TL why not doing their job correctly and her not following up to ensure accuracy on their part causes HUGE problems & is extra work when Plano has to set transitions. TV wall in June was a massive cluster because revisions hadn't been done right over the last year.

The Tech transition will be coming up soon and right all the wrongs.....at least temporarily.

We're starting the tech transition Monday. In the past week, I can't even count the number of times I've told my TL and/or ETL, "That's wrong. We'll have to wait to clean it up in the transition."

Our TV wall was complete ass. None of them would even turn on for months. None of them. I did the reset and got that fixed a couple of days ago.

Back