MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Anyone ever escalate an issue with a POG in chat bot? Does it help?
I have in regards to the mishap with the Basic Furniture planogram and the safety issues. The response I got was to fix it at store level and they'll revisit it next time around. So long story short, NO.

I have in regards to the mishap with the Basic Furniture planogram and the safety issues. The response I got was to fix it at store level and they'll revisit it next time around. So long story short, NO.

Shoot, they only care about safety when something bad actually happens. Cat litter for ex. is still the same for backwall even though many complain it was too high.

They only ask to remove a row for inline aisle cat litter when someone posted a pic on Reddit of theirs collapsing.

Each time I ask chat bot on POG related things, I rarely get a response even if they do end up fixing it.

@Sarakiel

I notice with the new strips in Kitchen (transition), the model numbers for merch got removed. Can we put that back? It's helpful for display heavy areas.

I'm getting about 1 missing label for every revision I'm doing in toys on reverse side. Hope this get fixed soon.

Consider yourself lucky. The tech transition is awash with missing labels. I thought I had 9 in printer ink. But, then I did the POG pull and discovered 2 more. So that was 11 missing labels on a single 16 foot POG.

On another POG one 4 foot shelf had only 1 DPCI with a capacity of 3. That's it. That's all that's supposed to go there. There aren't labels missing. The label for this item was printed smack dab in the middle of the strip. The item itself, however, is only 4 inches wide. So, cool, a new POG with 3 feet of empty shelf space built in.

@Sarakiel

I notice with the new strips in Kitchen (transition), the model numbers for merch got removed. Can we put that back? It's helpful for display heavy areas.
Noted; it's part of the whole issue of the UPC portion having been removed. The more you send it up, the higher we can send it back up to store ops to have ESS escalate putting it back on before Q4 blackout. I had pointed out that in that top right corner long ago that important information like 'HQ ORDERED' and Vendor association (Frito-Lay, Old Dutch, etc) was essential to be there and it, yeah, part of the reason why we're here as it is right now.

Last edited:
The blank strips was sitting at the highest priority on their massive things-to-fix list due to the sheer amount of waste it was creating from 1950+ stores. Next high priority thing that's being worked on is the pink packing list scrambling the POG's out of order compared to what's in the box.

The toy spacing is out of control. Going into 4th quarter with there being no room cept setting a single barbie sideways is gonna hurt

They do that a lot in Toys because what you're supposed to do is have 2 DPCIs share the space, so they both get faced out mixed together. Capacity of each should support this.

Not saying it's the right solution, but it's what they are going for. I would say it'd be easier it they just made them assortment DPCIs, but I am sure the reasoning for not doing it is to avoid lost sales. Especially in dolls where you often have different skin tones. An assortment would make it impossible to have them available for fulfillment, this way we can fulfill the order.

They do that a lot in Toys because what you're supposed to do is have 2 DPCIs share the space, so they both get faced out mixed together. Capacity of each should support this.

Not saying it's the right solution, but it's what they are going for. I would say it'd be easier it they just made them assortment DPCIs, but I am sure the reasoning for not doing it is to avoid lost sales. Especially in dolls where you often have different skin tones. An assortment would make it impossible to have them available for fulfillment, this way we can fulfill the order.
This would make sense if the products were similar but we're talking them putting a 4 inch box on top of a 10 inch box

Or they have started to cut inches off other product. Things that fit perfectly on pog before are now stopped short, forcing you to turn them sideways or have a ring issue of things out of place

Picture for example. This can be found in multiple aisles, and for example in barbie they have it as a rolling issue until the entire next product is covered up

Attachments

• IMG_20221009_083624450.jpg
    IMG_20221009_083624450.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:
This would make sense if the products were similar but we're talking them putting a 4 inch box on top of a 10 inch box

Or they have started to cut inches off other product. Things that fit perfectly on pog before are now stopped short, forcing you to turn them sideways or have a ring issue of things out of place

Picture for example. This can be found in multiple aisles, and for example in barbie they have it as a rolling issue until the entire next product is covered up
Tbf that box should be over atleast 2 inches. Not saying it would leave more room for the two that go beside it but I haven't had that issues with spacing in my planograms other then the normal stiff your talking about with dpcis sharing space.

Tbf that box should be over atleast 2 inches. Not saying it would leave more room for the two that go beside it but I haven't had that issues with spacing in my planograms other then the normal stiff your talking about with dpcis sharing space.
All boxes should line up with their labels at the left side. That label should be over 2 inches. The boxes can't go over on the shelf because there's a continuation of that happening all the way down the aisle

All boxes should line up with their labels at the left side. That label should be over 2 inches. The boxes can't go over on the shelf because there's a continuation of that happening all the way down the aisle
Yeah can't see the rest of the aisle obviously. I'll have to give my barbie aisle a look I know our transition was a mess all the reverse aisle had the locations backwards.

Anyone else from Plano a bit overwhelmed lately with sets? Went from mini, Halloween, domestic, entertainment, kitchen trans./toy revision same week, now electronics in such a short time. Like uhhh... I know it's 4th quarter but damn give me a break. I barely have any time to plan or prep transitions lately, just winging it as I go.

Anyone else from Plano a bit overwhelmed lately with sets? Went from mini, Halloween, domestic, entertainment, kitchen trans./toy revision same week, now electronics in such a short time. Like uhhh... I know it's 4th quarter but damn give me a break. I barely have any time to plan or prep transitions lately, just winging it as I go.
Most of these sets have always taken place at this time. This isn’t really a change. If you are the lead and I’m guessing since you mentioned prep and planning, you have to make time to plan. There will be time to breathe when there are no sets and your POG team becomes toy team or whatever they might do at your store. Then the cycle starts again

We have a POG team of two, and we keep getting pulled away to push truck and reshop and pick Fulfillment batches--in other words, to help workcenters that are struggling due to the salesfloor being a dump because resets aren't happening.

I'm doing my first tech transition. Does anybody have the laptops set up yet and can share a photo? And also the new checklane fixture for books?

Editing to say that I've now read recent posts a couple pages back on this thread and understand a little better what's going on. Sure hope these issues are resolved soon!
Just set Pain Meds transition POG without any label strips at all and yes, it was indeed a pain using labels I printed.
But I'm a little amazed to see how many other TMs from all over the store company-wide are struggling with label strip issues. Seems like this *shouldn't* be an issue. I mean, this isn't a new system Target is using, is it? Since I've been a DBO, the label strips have looked the same as ever.
We've been having problems with them since at least the spring, maybe earlier. Totally missing POGS, sometimes listed on the box label and sometimes not. Label strip pages out of order in the box - for instance, I had a random one for Electronics mixed in with some of my Personal Care ones. Used to be if I had multiple POGs in the same box, they'd be all together, one after the other. Now, I have to look through the whole box to find all my pages.
Did the program that produces them blow up?

Last edited:
Back