MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Since ya'll know fixtures so well; anyone know of any creative ways to merch extra Christmas bows?

Pegged or bags?

Pegged you may be able to add extra peghooks in if you squeeze everything in together and stagger the rows. Or use longer peghooks- we usually use 12" or 16" for bows, especially the big ones.

Bags of bows I've always saved the red collapsible bins they get sent in to use the following year when it's Drive Time for wrap. Or if there are unused bins from style, bags could go in those too.

Pegged or bags?

Pegged you may be able to add extra peghooks in if you squeeze everything in together and stagger the rows. Or use longer peghooks- we usually use 12" or 16" for bows, especially the big ones.

Bags of bows I've always saved the red collapsible bins they get sent in to use the following year when it's Drive Time for wrap. Or if there are unused bins from style, bags could go in those too.
We have thrown away those red bags because remodel. I like them greatly.

Quick total update summary for strips:

- Packlists are now in the correct order of what's in the box
- Excess blank strips were corrected
- Colors were corrected for all symbols
- W&M signage sizes were corrected
- WIC symbols resized
- UPC/Model info on the top right corner are being re-added (you'll see some of them in this weeks shipment within the E&E section)

Still ongoing:

- Spacing for specialized fixtures
- Front & back not mirroring correctly
- Missing/dropped items on the reverse side (this is having the most direct impact to the above issue)
- Font sizing for compacted sections (this mostly has to do with the special fixtures causing algorithm conflicts)

Please continue to send up MySupports via the Chatbot, it is making an impact and helping bring more visualization to issues.

Quick total update summary for strips:

- Packlists are now in the correct order of what's in the box
- Excess blank strips were corrected
- Colors were corrected for all symbols
- W&M signage sizes were corrected
- WIC symbols resized
- UPC/Model info on the top right corner are being re-added (you'll see some of them in this weeks shipment within the E&E section)

Still ongoing:

- Spacing for specialized fixtures
- Front & back not mirroring correctly
- Missing/dropped items on the reverse side (this is having the most direct impact to the above issue)
- Font sizing for compacted sections (this mostly has to do with the special fixtures causing algorithm conflicts)

Please continue to send up MySupports via the Chatbot, it is making an impact and helping bring more visualization to issues.
Thank-you so much for taking the time to keep us updated! It gets so frustrating when there is no communication.

Who does the overhead signing in everyone's stores? VM or old signing person? Am I right that it should be the VM doing the overheads?

Who does the overhead signing in everyone's stores? VM or old signing person? Am I right that it should be the VM doing the overheads?

Yes, it should be the VM as it is non-pog ISM and they are responsible for all non-pog ISM. In my store, the old signing person is the VM (me 😆) so it is the same person dealing with the overheads.

Overheads have become very simplified since the days when we were all signing TMs. The instructions, however, have become confusing; serious decline in quality!

Somewhat related, I don't think the people who created the overheads for Rear Seasonal this year communicated with the people who decided to have tall gondolas below them (with tall displays). Literally have displays intermingled with the hanging elements. 🙄

Also haven't received all of the holiday overheads. Missing quite a bit.......

Anyone else notice that at least some new label strips don't include the last five digits of the UPC? Non-Target products don't have a DPCI printed on them and I've relied a whole lot on the shelf label having part of the UPC included.
Did the revision for adult cough & cold meds yesterday, went to put some Robitussin reshop back in its right place and ... hey, what happened here? The one shelf of the POG that was revised is where it went. Sure, I can use my Zebra but it's just so quick and easy if those numbers are there.

Anyone else notice that at least some new label strips don't include the last five digits of the UPC? Non-Target products don't have a DPCI printed on them and I've relied a whole lot on the shelf label having part of the UPC included.
Did the revision for adult cough & cold meds yesterday, went to put some Robitussin reshop back in its right place and ... hey, what happened here? The one shelf of the POG that was revised is where it went. Sure, I can use my Zebra but it's just so quick and easy if those numbers are there.

The missing UPCs is something they are aware of and are working on bringing back, especially because we've communicated how much we rely on them.

I still do the rear and mini overheads because I'm very particular that our sets get overheads done right. Everything else I leave for VM. And as much as I hate breaking down signing pallets, I prefer to do them as well because it helps to know what we're getting for future sets and I can easily find where I placed it.

I saw the signing box for these. Where do they go and do you have a final pic of it built?

It's just one snowperson and it sets in Winter Whimsy w/the mannequins (not all mannequins are represented in this pic). Either in your Family Gateway or Womens Seasonal (Outerwear) depending if you had the Fall LTO or not. PXL_20221109_171844499~2.jpg

Back