MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Don’t forgot to print your red header labels
When I first started with Target, the TL of the department would have to put a red dot sticker next to the POG header to indicate the aisle went MPG. I do miss those red header labels though

Dude... why does Target put toy transition/revision, cosmetics transition, and mini due same week. Now we're hustling to set early.

FYI the labels and strips for cosmetics is not giving the correct facing for some items on pegs 2 or more, so you have to reprint them because of missing labels 🤬

Last edited:
The problem is most of the 2/11 pog work can't be set yet. Bullseye trap releases in a few days and too early for mini. So it leaves no option bit to jump ahead to 2/18.

Oh my god... did I get into some trouble over this today. ( I mean not really, but kinda sorta.) I told my 4am guy that one of the aisles in Gameday which was almost all Target owned and dually located, and full to the brim with merch not selling, and also not impactful. And adjacent to ODL... So I said, "hey let's get a jump on setting next week's ODL and set this aisle. BOY did I screw up! OUR GUESTS WILL BE CONFUSED. THEY WON'T UNDERSTAND THAT THEY CAN GO OVER TO GROCERY TO GET THEIR CAN OF BEANS AND DICED TOMATOES!!!! Whatever will they do when they realize that Game Day doesn't have any sour cream or cheese or ground beef.....

That really got me going, suffice to say...

Target: Presentation workload for this upcoming schedule is 235 hours.

Also Target: Here's 155 hours of Presentation payroll.
Since I'm running the weekly workload planning meetings, I make sure I include upcoming presentation hours and price change forecast hours. Then I audit my ETLs schedule and make sure we're aligned on if there are going to be any challenges.

My store has so many call-offs that those writing the schedule know that they can technically over-schedule and we'll still come okay at the end of the week. It almost always works out and only rarely are those of us who often stay a little past shift ending time to finish up are pushed out the door on time. As long as I don't go into OT, it's not usually a problem.

Your ETLs/SD should be using the payroll shift tool for presentation hours. Mytime won’t reflect the new changes until March/april. All of GM and Specialty buckets are incorrect in mytime.

Indeed. Sometimes, I imagine them having meetings with the agenda comprised of thinking up things to make our lives more difficult. Like having the Personal Care end caps expire at the same time as the transitions are due for that area. That makes soooooo much sense, right?

I already can tell I'm going to need a ton of end caps for sporting goods clearance but let's have them all set the week of transition.

Anyone have a Discovery POG (former mask) in beauty/skincare and is not an Ulta store? What goes there because we do not have a pog to set it.

Why oh why does product not show up in the "clearance" price change list when it's been discontinued?
I reset the Travel wall of baskets today and had a huge pile of NOP that will go clearance eventually, but I had to find a spot for it in the meantime. Could have been selling down for the last couple of weeks.

Why oh why does product not show up in the "clearance" price change list when it's been discontinued?
I reset the Travel wall of baskets today and had a huge pile of NOP that will go clearance eventually, but I had to find a spot for it in the meantime. Could have been selling down for the last couple of weeks.
In a perfect world it would clearance on POG before its set date and Clearance NOP would be very rare (mostly salesplanners). But im still activating clearance tasks for Wondershop which is long long gone.

To be fair the travel aisle doesn’t reset for a couple weeks. You’re pretty early.

To be fair the travel aisle doesn’t reset for a couple weeks. You’re pretty early.
My store always works ahead when possible - so much easier to push directly from truck to a re-set POG instead of back stocking, pulling, etc. There are times when I have all my new sales planners set before the week they're due. Doesn't always work that way.

Even so, there were other products in that POG that went clearance a little while ago, with time enough for a second mark-down. No reason all the discontinued products couldn't have gone clearance at the same time.

My store always works ahead when possible - so much easier to push directly from truck to a re-set POG instead of back stocking, pulling, etc. There are times when I have all my new sales planners set before the week they're due. Doesn't always work that way.

Even so, there were other products in that POG that went clearance a little while ago, with time enough for a second mark-down. No reason all the discontinued products couldn't have gone clearance at the same time.
Oh absolutely agree and you should just saying they’re pretty early so that contributes to the excessive amount of clearance and disco.

Anyone else's store get communication to not set any of the pets transitions? They want us to move dry cat food off a HC gondola onto a regular gondola and put wet cat food on the HC... Guess Target does not think.

Back