MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

i have a question regarding printing signs using the main printer. When you print the signs, does it have to be the paper the screen tells you to put? I was auditing after the ad, and i had temp signs and sale signs in one batch. I'm sure you can't make them all sale signs right? I'm guessing you just put one type of paper in and let that print and then put the other paper to finish?

You just put in whatever paper it tells you to. The thing that drives me nuts is that in a large batch it doesn't put all the the same paper together in batches so you are constantly switching back and forth.

Last edited:
the only thing that irritates me puting it up is that damn static. I already have the rubber glove and that static still gets me.

Got the hardware last week, A&A CSE yesterday, and hardlines CSE today.
My process:
1. Takedown old signing
2. Put parts out in front of each 4' section(top and bottom supports, backer board, and new graphics)
3. Take the bags of clips with me while I move the ladder
4. Starting left to right, put up supports, board, 2 Xmas clips, graphic, 5 dart clips.
5. This process helps because I don't have to constantly move or go up and down the ladder.
Maybe everyone already does this, but I thought I'd share.
Got through shoes, mens, and performance today.. And had to help Presentation team too..

Message board about extra dart clips being sent out to the stores. There wasn't enough in the original shipment.

Also, the whole CSE rollout has not been smooth. The hours projected for this are all over the place. Monthly Signing Update, the project scope sheet, and the payroll forecast. My ETL was not aware of this until I told him about it.

Ygh...no one knew about the new cse until I told my ptl about the hours it says should take. I found two different hour estimates on my monthly update it says 36 for everthing...which had me go wtf not right. Went searching on workbench found a different guide that sorted out each section and said it would take 40 hours for two team membera for the week of 2/9. And another 40 for two teammembers for week of 2/16 to complete everything.
Apparently no one else at my store saw this. ( I can't remember what report it was but ill post it once Iget to work tom)

It was the CSE Project Rollout. Basically, like a transition guide.

I just finished intimates and shoes. Anyone having issues with the graphics not being flush
Yeah iv had issues with graphics not being flush. The top bar and the bottom have to be lined up just right. I got a few of mine fixed, but gave up afterawhile since there is so much to do

Are you orienting the cardboard all in the same direction? The holes don't line up (the center ones on the side).

The times must be for a old small store.

It took me 7 hours, from box to baler, today to complete 2 sets of 5 high wall graphics, 25 low wall graphics and 3 endwalls. Thats just one side of my HL divider walls.

My old bullseye shadow boards are put in with Christmas tree clips. Yeah, thats real fun taking them out.

After auditing my packing list, I am missing 2 kits. One highwall kit from RTW and one high wall kit for bedding. Short 5- 68" white boards too.

Question. Did anyone receive the boy/girl sock wall graphics or the 3 girls endwalls and the boys endwall graphics?

After auditing my packing list, I am missing 2 kits. One highwall kit from RTW and one high wall kit for bedding. Short 5- 68" white boards too.

Question. Did anyone receive the boy/girl sock wall graphics or the 3 girls endwalls and the boys endwall graphics?

Not good. I had two high wall kits (different numbers) labeled "Bed and Bath".

The sock wall graphics were labeled "BG Interior". Three girls endwalls and one boys endwall.

Not good. I had two high wall kits (different numbers) labeled "Bed and Bath".

The sock wall graphics were labeled "BG Interior". Three girls endwalls and one boys endwall.
Thanks NOP. I'll double check, but I only received 2 BG interior boxes & they contained photos that I'm pretty sure were for the Boys and Girls jean divider walls.

It took me 7 hours, from box to baler, today to complete 2 sets of 5 high wall graphics, 25 low wall graphics and 3 endwalls. Thats just one side of my HL divider walls.

My old bullseye shadow boards are put in with Christmas tree clips. Yeah, thats real fun taking them out.

I put that one up today.. If I can remember correctly It's called BBBG BASICS INTERIOR WALL. I was missing 2 sections of the"swoosh." Packing list was wrong.. I hope I'm not 2 short on boards and brackets now too.. Although I had an extra panel B from performance, so now I'm only missing one(C). So far..

Oh and I switched the pictures so the boy graphic is above the boys basics(left side).. Not sure why they didn't have that in the instructions anywhere.

I put that one up today.. If I can remember correctly It's called BBBG BASICS INTERIOR WALL. I was missing 2 sections of the"swoosh." Packing list was wrong.. I hope I'm not 2 short on boards and brackets now too.. Although I had an extra panel B from performance, so now I'm only missing one(C). So far..

Oh and I switched the pictures so the boy graphic is above the boys basics(left side).. Not sure why they didn't have that in the instructions anywhere.
Double checked and yep, I didn't receive the sock wall graphics. At least MySupport was quick to respond and tell me that I will have them by the beginning of next week.

Today I was able to complete Boys & Girls low wall (22 sections), Jewelry low wall ( 16 sections) and infants low wall & end (11 sections) in 7 hours. I leave the last hour to clean up, order and try & do what ever else I need to do that day. Seems like I am moving as fast as humanly possible, then, I go out to where I have the kits stored and I look at what I still haven't accomplished..... its defeating.

*rant* I am really po'd that they shoved all this work at us at one time. No consideration that we already have a work load other than the CSE to do this week (HBA) and next week(Valentines)*end rant ;)

Question. Did anyone receive the extra pegs that the 2/5 message said would arrive in the 2/5 store mail?? I haven't seen them and I'm almost out at this point....

Seems like I am moving as fast as humanly possible, then, I go out to where I have the kits stored and I look at what I still haven't accomplished..... its defeating.

*rant* I am really po'd that they shoved all this work at us at one time. No consideration that we already have a work load other than the CSE to do this week (HBA) and next week(Valentines)*end rant ;)

Question. Did anyone receive the extra pegs that the 2/5 message said would arrive in the 2/5 store mail?? I haven't seen them and I'm almost out at this point....

Me too. I'm already out of space and I have the backroom TL and ETL hovering around me wondering when the pallets will be gone since they're taking up too much room.

No dart clips yet. Hopefully with the store mail that comes on Friday.

Hey guys,
I'm new to forum for the same reason why everyone is posting. But unlike the rest of you guys, I am the one new signing guy in our store. So any new tips or suggestions for time management and this CSE project would be greatly appreciated. Trust me, I'm more frustrated, overwhelmed and stressed about the next two weeks.

i have a question regarding printing signs using the main printer. When you print the signs, does it have to be the paper the screen tells you to put? I was auditing after the ad, and i had temp signs and sale signs in one batch. I'm sure you can't make them all sale signs right? I'm guessing you just put one type of paper in and let that print and then put the other paper to finish?

You just put in whatever paper it tells you to. The thing that drives me nuts is that in a large batch it doesn't put all the the same paper together in batches so you are constantly switching back and forth.

Thanks ;)

@The Global TM
Welcome to the party. Basic rules are do not read the instruction sheets as a rational person. Half the time they should just send you a paper with a giant question mark on it and a guy shrugging. This project will take a bit. My store has one wave. So ladder for a lot of it. Low walls are a pain since you can't prebuild. I have no room for anything. Garden easter hba other crap then 3 giant oversized pallets. No matter how much I get done it seems like I've got 4 weeks of work. I've busted my ass and didn't get much done. I got the anxiety sweat going. Luckily my stl and etls know I bust my ass everyday so I'm not getting dumped on but seriously target should have spaced this big of a change but that'd make to much sense

Yikes, you guys are powerhouses.. with two people in 7 hours we got all but one of the A&A high walls put up (the one having done yesterdoodle), and two shoes lowers (8 and 9 sections) .. but thankfully we figured out a good pattern to hopefully get the rest of the other softlines lowers hammered out tomorrow and perhaps get started on endwalls.

A tip on the highwalls is to assemble the tops and bottoms to the falcon boards before you even take them out to the floor. That way you can just hang them right away.. That technique doesn't work for the lower walls, but deffo for highs. The high wall boards didn't quite match the picture diagram on the instructions because they had notches in both top and bottom for me. If you put in the bottoms first, when you flip it over you can put in tops and not need to flip it back again.

A tip on the low walls in shoes, is to put the metal brackets in one slight higher than specified, which gives you extra clearance for hanging sandals and for taller shoe boxes that bumped into mine. I experimentally tried raising the brackets a notch when I realized they would bump, and can't really tell much difference.

*rant* I am really po'd that they shoved all this work at us at one time. No consideration that we already have a work load other than the CSE to do this week (HBA) and next week(Valentines)*end rant
To add to that rant, seriously, what were they thinking loading this up all of a sudden? Why not 2-3 weeks ago when I had very little to do, and why cram it all into a single week just before another giant set? Couldn't it have been delayed until after Easter? Is there some signing emergency that it be squished in?

I was pretty confident I could have most of this done this week, and then wham, I get the hardlines pallet that I didn't even realize was missing.. and it seemed like suddenly, "oh here is double all the work you thought you had to do" -__- My store TL had me working on a fixture room project that was going to take dozens of hours, and I had to break it to him that I shouldn't be the person to tackle it since I'd just been loaded such a huge project just before another large reset with overheads and whatnot. He was not even aware of the framing project either..

General questions about low-walls: are the xmas clips really necessary there? Someone had to borrow my Wave for a bit and I wasn't able to reach high enough to put the Xmas clips in (and medically not allowed to use ladders), so I left them out. There was a lengthy delay in getting the Wave back, so I tried experimentally putting the low-wall graphics up without the Xmas clips in, and they held up very well without. The high walls deffo need Xmas clips, but the lowers seem redundant since they're pressed between tops and bottoms by the metal standard brackets. I had a tough enough time even getting the falcon boards between the top and bottom pieces on the low walls without the xmas clips in in the first place. Are we expecting a wind storm inside, to prevent them from flying out?

Global TM, I am about 6 months new, so we're kinda in the same boat to some degree. Personally whenever I order something on SAP, instead of printing out the receipt, I just save it as a PDF instead of printing, and then store it on a Signing folder I made on the fixture room PC instead of bothering with filing physical copies. I can just rename the file to be the date and whatever I ordered, and could pull it up quickly if ever asked for without having to rummage for loose papers. No particular tips on the CSE fuss going on, as I'm still getting my own footing =/

Hey guys,
I'm new to forum for the same reason why everyone is posting. But unlike the rest of you guys, I am the one new signing guy in our store. So any new tips or suggestions for time management and this CSE project would be greatly appreciated. Trust me, I'm more frustrated, overwhelmed and stressed about the next two weeks.

I set goals for what I want to accomplish each day and what I'm scheduled for that week. I look at what I have going on and say I am going to do X, Y, and Z today. Like for example, the CSE, I go, I am going to do all the high walls for A+A today. Then I'll do the low walls in boys/girls/infants tomorrow. After I'm done with that each day, I am going to follow up with presentation signing/displays. Getting a routine helps, and communication with your PTL over the plan for the week and your scheduled hours. The more communication, the better.

@The Global TM - My Tips List for CSE - Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of dispair)

Looking at the Monthly Signing Update - will give you an idea of what to expect in upcoming weeks and the scope of the projects. Again, the time needed may vary, and they have "select store" projects on there as well. There's a signing guide on this forum - read that. Signing Guide? and Signing Guide

The high wall boards didn't quite match the picture diagram on the instructions because they had notches in both top and bottom for me.

Those were horrible instructions. I got a packet of instructions, multiple sets stapled together, and every one of them were the same as far as I could tell. Couldn't figure out what the difference was supposed to be. After doing one set of high walls and one set of low walls, we threw out the rest of the instructions....it was too confusing. The low wall graphic assembly was the same as the high wall graphic assembly.

Wave Ballerino said:
A tip on the low walls in shoes, is to put the metal brackets in one slight higher than specified, which gives you extra clearance for hanging sandals and for taller shoe boxes that bumped into mine. I experimentally tried raising the brackets a notch when I realized they would bump, and can't really tell much difference.

I just followed the instructions and kept it even with the top of the gondola. The problem I ran into with the end walls were the doodads that hold the light fixtures in place, couldn't slide the plastic rail in, had to move those lower.

Wave Ballerino said:
To add to that rant, seriously, what were they thinking loading this up all of a sudden? Is there some signing emergency that it be squished in?

The only thing I can think of is photographic licensing requirements. Two years ago, some particular signs had to be taken down by a specific date because Target's contract with the model was up. Then there were message boards and alerts reminding us that the signs had to be taken down.

Wave Ballerino said:
are the xmas clips really necessary there? There was a lengthy delay in getting the Wave back, so I tried experimentally putting the low-wall graphics up without the Xmas clips in, and they held up very well without.

I would put the christmas tree clips in. I think it keeps it stable to the top rail in case something bumps into it and things pop out. I'm always fixing the wall panels that the flow team or guests hit with product, because the previous signing person didn't use xmas tree clips in all four corners or hang them correctly.

Wave Ballerino said:
Personally whenever I order something on SAP, instead of printing out the receipt, I just save it as a PDF instead of printing, and then store it on a Signing folder I made on the fixture room PC instead of bothering with filing physical copies.

That worked until somebody deleted my folder or when they did maintenance on the computer, all the files disappeared. I just keep the binder on my PTL's desk.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
Just got home from a 4hr shift again today (had one yesterday). So here's some good news, got all the high walls up for A&A. Bad news, I only "put up" the low walls in jewelry on Tuesday. I know about all the monthly signing update, but my PTL always is on me about the signing out for the aisles being set that day, so she really slowed me down this week.

GENERAL QUESTION: I thought we aren't allowed to use the ladder on the floor during store hours??

On a side note, I really appreciate all the tips and suggestions on this forum.

Hey guys,
Just got home from a 4hr shift again today (had one yesterday). So here's some good news, got all the high walls up for A&A. Bad news, I only "put up" the low walls in jewelry on Tuesday. I know about all the monthly signing update, but my PTL always is on me about the signing out for the aisles being set that day, so she really slowed me down this week.

GENERAL QUESTION: I thought we aren't allowed to use the ladder on the floor during store hours??

On a side note, I really appreciate all the tips and suggestions on this forum.

Technically we're not but we're not supposed to use the Wave either and ther's no way we'd be able to get our work done if we didn't so there it is.
If you can get the safety cones to set around that helps a tiny bit.
I know when he needed to use the ladder on the floor our SFT would call me to watch the bottom.

You're damned if you do damned if you don't. Half the stuff we have to use the wave for. Like overheads my ass isn't doing that on a ladder. Sorry backroom team I need it. Throw the cones down if you want to "follow the rules" but if you're a guest and you fail to notice the big grey thing beeping or flashing then you deserve to get hit. Your almost as bad as the guest who both valleys are empty but you decide to go down it knocking into plano baskets

You're damned if you do damned if you don't. Half the stuff we have to use the wave for. Like overheads my ass isn't doing that on a ladder. Sorry backroom team I need it. Throw the cones down if you want to "follow the rules" but if you're a guest and you fail to notice the big grey thing beeping or flashing then you deserve to get hit. Your almost as bad as the guest who both valleys are empty but you decide to go down it knocking into plano baskets

Or the guest who tries to shop through the Wave after you ask if they want you to move.

Welcome to the Break Room @signingcolosus

Has anyone else had issues with footage?

Most of my kits are way off. I audited today, and I'm short 76 FEET of signing for A&A low walls. It just doesn't make sense, either. My Girls' and I/T departments are on opposite sides of the SAME WALL. I/T was perfect, but I'm missing 16 feet worth of girls signing.

I considered MySupport, but decided to save myself the headache and just ordered everything off of SAP.

I'm also missing two entire RTW focals, but those may just be coming in separately.

Back