MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Hey Mule, are you looking forward to electronics set next week? SFT has a huge part this time.... Wish we could get our sft to come in at 12 with us, but no go..

Yeah, actually am looking forward to it, I love the electronics area, the geek in me has a chance to play with everything as it gets moved around, lol. Yeah, SFTs are pretty much locked into the 6am-2:30 role unless there is a major project(only 2-3 a year), need to be available to manage the cleaning crew and be around to work with outside contractors during the week.

My SFT and I are doing some serious planning on how to handle the TV wall.
We really don't want to be stuck fighting with it most of the day like we were last time.
70"TV really?

What's really a problem though is trying to locate an appropriate area in the back room for those 70" TVs. They will stick out over a foot from the steel if you use the normal bulk steel. Told my Backroom TL about it today and he cussed up a storm trying to figure out where to put them when they start rolling in.

I just don't know if I have the time to be his assistant this year...too many moves. I was hoping our sft could get a male to help him with the TVs..

Anybody else having having problems with the clips for the new sign holders in cosmetics coming off the back?
I've had to super glue back on a half dozen of the damn things now.

Oh Yeah! I tossed the whole lot. I happened to have a couple cases of the old style left over from remodel so I didn't need them..

I did tape the new long and tall ones.

What would we do without double sided tape? I buy it in bulk from TIPP.....

Last edited:
The new 6", 8" & 10" graphic signholders for cosmetics. They are much lighter, and the tabs are just scotch taped on in the back. Mostly junk.

My SFT and I are doing some serious planning on how to handle the TV wall.
We really don't want to be stuck fighting with it most of the day like we were last time.
70"TV really?

Our 70" TV is already up. Hopefully we wont have to move it. Hopefully with this revision it wont have a lot of changes. I know that the TV wall will go through a reset in May.

Electronics set is not going well.
We have planograms for our low gondolas that are set as high gondolas, so of course my signs don't fit and all the product is crammed together.
As always we will be sending off to E-info for a new planograms and when it comes won't have the hours to set the things.

I didn't get a number of displays (big surprise) and will hope they show up in TIPP tomorrow.
The TV wall took most of yesterday but what galls me is that even with putting up all those TV's there are still 4 clearance TV's on the planogram, which means we'll b doing this again sometime soon.

No.
That seems odd since we've got both inline and an endcap for them.

TV wall is supposed to reset in May. We didn't really both too much with the TV wall this time because there were a lot of clearance TVs and the 70" TV that was put up wasn't on the revision so we didn't want to take it down. We will wait till the big reset.

Almost done with electronics. Few displays missing and luckily only a few signs. Finishing up the last bit tomorrow. Seems like they shrunk down a lot of sections in electronics.

I did the Bose and Sonos inline move all by myself, that was fun! Love me some adjacency changes. Our Bose backer paper is all cut up because it was on a divider wall that had a permanent plug mold running through the middle of it.

I did the Bose and Sonos inline move all by myself, that was fun! Love me some adjacency changes. Our Bose backer paper is all cut up because it was on a divider wall that had a permanent plug mold running through the middle of it.

I did the Sonos, Beats headphone display, and changing out the Ipad. I took down the Bose but since it went from a standard aisle to a reverse aisle the SFT had to detach and re attach some of the displays to the other side.

have you guys seen communication about the kindles going away in may?

I would assume it's new models coming out. Amazon likes to release a new model each year, and Barnes & Noble have already announced their next updated Nook.

Phew...Finished all planos, all the signs are gone, but I didn't get to doing PPAs. Tomorrows work! Looks like I'll be having missing signs

Loved the new instructions for setting cameras. Made it so much easier!

pretty soon for a tv wall reset.

have you guys seen communication about the kindles going away in may?

Actually, they shouldn't be completely going away. It looks like we are going from 8ft of e-reader displays to just 4ft. We'll likely carry 2 Kindles, 2 Nooks and a third option. All I know is for sure is that the wood Kindle display case is going buh-bye in the process and one of the lockboxes is being freed up(which is fine, my store was short the one for Beats).

Loved the new instructions for setting cameras. Made it so much easier!

Definitely a huge win for this transition. Walked my PPA's today, the only thing we really missed were a few Decks displays and about 27 locking peghooks. And the blank plate that replaces the Kindle Keyboard display.

Two questions: The guy setting the iPad aisle inadvertently threw away the new graphic that goes in the iPad display. We still have the one that says iPad 2 now. Since this isn't a Target sign, do we have to mySupport to get a replacement?

Second: Is there a way to get the new iPad in "demo mode"? Right now ours just sits in the case with the screen off like a normal iPad would do if you don't touch it for a while. Did you guys have to pry the backer plate off the old iPad 2 display and transplant it onto your new display?

Second: Is there a way to get the new iPad in "demo mode"? Right now ours just sits in the case with the screen off like a normal iPad would do if you don't touch it for a while. Did you guys have to pry the backer plate off the old iPad 2 display and transplant it onto your new display?

Ask your SFT to check his Field Project page for the Apple workorder. There are specific instructions for getting the demo mode to engage.

Is there a way to get the new iPad in "demo mode"? Right now ours just sits in the case with the screen off like a normal iPad would do if you don't touch it for a while. Did you guys have to pry the backer plate off the old iPad 2 display and transplant it onto your new display?

We had to do the pry off the backer plate thing and I fiddled with the the iPad and it kept going to the standard start up so I left it turned on and put the adhesive fake screen on it.
About an hour later I noticed that there were images flashing so I peeled off the fake screen and it had reset to the demo-mode.
(Not that any of that helped you in the slightest)

We put our iPad display up without the back plate because we couldn't get it off the old one. Luckily it stays in place without sliding. When we plugged the iPad in it kept asking to connect through WiFi. When I came back later it was playing in Demo Mode.

Definitely a huge win for this transition. Walked my PPA's today, the only thing we really missed were a few Decks displays and about 27 locking peghooks. And the blank plate that replaces the Kindle Keyboard display.

Two questions: The guy setting the iPad aisle inadvertently threw away the new graphic that goes in the iPad display. We still have the one that says iPad 2 now. Since this isn't a Target sign, do we have to mySupport to get a replacement?

If I remember right, it was listed on the line listing, so I assume we can order it.. I'll check that out tomorrow.

Now my question. For you all that have the 2- 8'x60" gondolas behind the boat....Did you recieve headers and magnetic holders for the tops of the gondolas? 2 of my 8' planos are calling out for these, but the 2 that are behind those planos, did not. Sooo, I have signs with white backs... I'm thinking I should just remove them completely. info?

The guy setting the iPad aisle inadvertently threw away the new graphic that goes in the iPad display. We still have the one that says iPad 2 now. Since this isn't a Target sign, do we have to mySupport to get a replacement?

If its the sign that goes in front of the lighted panel, the Sign #4328091. This was what was printed on our sign.

Now my question. For you all that have the 2- 8'x60" gondolas behind the boat....Did you recieve headers and magnetic holders for the tops of the gondolas? 2 of my 8' planos are calling out for these, but the 2 that are behind those planos, did not. Sooo, I have signs with white backs... I'm thinking I should just remove them completely. info?

Didn't get any headers for networking or the prepaid expansion section. Got them for the camera accessories and wireless accessories. I used the wood grain panels that came off the old headphone planogram (Sign #4302702) to fill in the blank spots.

Anyone look at next months workload yet. I guess they are making up for the past two months being light. Overheads everywhere for The Shops at Target and then once that is done it goes to Summer. This year for Summer they are including giant door clings for the front doors (I hate all clings, never get those straight)

Back