MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

@TargetOldTimer lol yes, it seems like it huh? The only thing is, I grabbed this picture off the internet. Horrible things they are! I'll have to keep looking then. Thanks for trying! :)

Thanks! @TargetOldTimer I love the team work!

I have CSE question. Is there a map( for every department) of some sort that that tells you exactly where the signing goes? For example: shoes low walls sign a1, a2, a3 vs b1, b2, b3. How do you know where to put them? As in what section left to right or right to left. Do you just guess and put them where they seem right? I inherited what was put up and what was not so, I'm trying to get it right. I looked at the yellow "blue print" of the shoe department layout but it does not indicate what section is what.

How about that water backer paper NON punched!! Did you guys still put it up?
I was coming in here to see if anyone else's store received their backer paper like that, my finger is sore from having to feel out all the holes today...and of course it's for aisles that are mostly all pegs.

got to thinking... what if you hung up a pegged sheet of backer over the non pegged and used that to make the initial punch holes?

On the CSE signing, there should be visual instructions in the new CSE boxes that came.

got to thinking... what if you hung up a pegged sheet of backer over the non pegged and used that to make the initial punch holes?

On the CSE signing, there should be visual instructions in the new CSE boxes that came.

That's what my team did (I didn't even think of it) and it worked out beautifully!

We are in the middle of setting Beauty this week and I'm missing so many fixtures and signing for the new set I'm going to have to place another order on SAP this week just to supplement. (Oh and of course the DTL chooses to have a surprise visit in the middle of this mess.) I'm missing the new backer paper for the Wet Shave aisle (the purple one) the new headers, and the box signing for the shelves. I did on the bright side receive the displays for this aisle. On the aisle with the Electric shave set I received all the new displays but I didn't get the fixture to mount any of them on. So I have no displays on that aisle, but everyone loves the new pushers.
On the toothpaste aisle I received the blue backer paper but the new red backer paper never appeared. Include whatever I discover missing tomorrow on the rest of the reset. I just dread the day I have to go back and fix all the mistakes when I receive this singing. It'll be a days work I'm sure.

We are in the middle of setting Beauty this week and I'm missing so many fixtures and signing for the new set I'm going to have to place another order on SAP this week just to supplement. (Oh and of course the DTL chooses to have a surprise visit in the middle of this mess.) I'm missing the new backer paper for the Wet Shave aisle (the purple one) the new headers, and the box signing for the shelves. I did on the bright side receive the displays for this aisle. On the aisle with the Electric shave set I received all the new displays but I didn't get the fixture to mount any of them on. So I have no displays on that aisle, but everyone loves the new pushers.
On the toothpaste aisle I received the blue backer paper but the new red backer paper never appeared. Include whatever I discover missing tomorrow on the rest of the reset. I just dread the day I have to go back and fix all the mistakes when I receive this singing. It'll be a days work I'm sure.

do you know the part # were you mount the display for electric shaver. I guess i'm missing it too. and yeah no backing paper had to re use all those dusty and rachet old paper. does your aisle flip flop too?

That's brilliant!

Does anyone still use the "battleship" for locating pegs? I don't even know if Spot supplies them anymore - we threw ours away years ago. It was a four foot long horizontal bar marked A- Z and then AA-UU at one inch intervals, corresponding to the pegholes. It had a Stanley measuring tape that slid along it so you could measure peg height. It was supposed to hook on at the top of the pegboard, but I never could figure out how. If it had hooked on it would have been useful, but as it was it was mainly a pain to use, which is why they got thrown out.

You can use a measuring tape to locate holes behind unpunched backer. Just locate the first hole - A - and measure from there, one inch per letter - like 5" to E or 26" to Z. Slow but easy. I like the punched over the unpunched idea better.

My early set notes said the razor fixture shelf was going to be late. We will just go back and do displays when the shelves come in.

does your aisle flip flop too?

No ours stays the same. Men's closest to the racetrack with four sections, Women's on the inside with three sections. Its just missing that purple backer for that last section is going to be a pain changing out later, I'll have to take down all those pegs...

My early set notes said the razor fixture shelf was going to be late. We will just go back and do displays when the shelves come in.

Oh, see my PPTL didn't mention anything about that. She told me to mysupport it. Maybe she didn't see it. I'll have her look over them tomorrow for me. I don't have access to Early Set Notes. Did it say how late?

The basket for the toothpaste aisle isn't coming until mid April, maybe with that?

Back