MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

My team randomly decides to do their own signing. Sales planners to they won't build the info boxes and just flex product but bitch if you threw away a header from 3 weeks ago. I'm so behind I havent even started my hardlines CSE project... They put me on truck half a day. Then today say I don't care about your workload you need to help us Incoming foul language rant

Fuck you grow a fucking pair of balls and tell the stl the log team can't meet the goal and make them give us support help. I'm sick and tired of this fucking bullshit man up. Same fucking shit when DTL or higher comes get a stick up your ass and fucking hide problems instead of addressing them then once they leave its same shit. Say hey there's no way with our current small team to get thisshit done stop scheduling 50 closers and only 2 openers say you need help. At least have them download it the day before. Someone to stock anything atop bitching out and fucking the rest of us over. Now I'm going to be more behind especially with cosmetics. Fuck you.

End rant

Haven't done anything but two areas in sl, but I did plan on attempting to work on it tomorrow, I cannot get my large ones to flow seamlessly together

Last edited:
FOS overheads were a breeze. That #$%#$%@^%@$^ suncare shipper for mens, though, I was swearing under my breath just about all the way thru it =P

As far as CSE, I am just starting on my HL side. Haven't finished the softlines low walls because the standards bar in our SL doesn't go high enough to use the bracketed version, and there aren't enough hanging brackets to go all the way around, so I'm just leaving it undone as a final wrap-up project once I've got all the other bits around hardlines done. One of our back walls of HL is half housewares (presumably, being ottomans and random chairs) and half stationery.. I did the stationery side but left exposed middle-brackets sticking out pending doing the housewares half. There are three back walls along that stretch, with the rightmost being fully stationery, the middle being half stationery and presumably-housewares, and the leftmost being I assume "kitchen zone" but had never heard it called that..

I need your opinion on something guys, why would a request for weekends off be denied?

Because it goes against the needs of the store.
They have a hard time getting people for the weekends and if they have someone on the hook, they aren't going to let them go.

yeah. I did it last monday. i got like 6 more cse focal and like 3/4 on the low walls. cse that is under that 34 inch shelf was pain in the butt.

So you think they have me on a leash?@commiecorvus

Not necessarily but you are in a tough position.
I had Saturdays off for religious reasons but worked Sundays to do adset.
You might be able to work out something but it will be a challenge.

the big shelves that we used for pets, and soda back wall, my arms are too short to reach in the 2nd rail where we hang the cse.

FOS overheads were a breeze. That #$%#$%@^%@$^ suncare shipper for mens, though, I was swearing under my breath just about all the way thru it =P

yeah, I honestly don't know if I finished it correctly, those little plastic push things were horrible and I ended up making my own holes for one side of the shipper, I saw the shelves were sturdy so I was finished imo (although I had too many screws left)

Last edited:

yeah, I honestly don't know if I finished it correctly, those little plastic push things were horrible and I ended up making my own holes for one side of the shipper, I saw the shelves were sturdy so I was finish imo (although I had too many screws left)

Ok so it was not just me. I thought I was the only who had trouble with that suncare shipper. I had extra push pins but I didnt have enough of the right size to connect the center brackets. Also I am done with my SL CSE signing except for Jewelry and accessories because The brackets we need to use wont fit even if I put it in the highest point because of the sunglasses fixtures. So I am just going to do that one in the end. For HL I did the tv focal and the electronics low wall and the toy focal 1. I also received CSE for photo,but at my store the photo sign does not have fixtures around it. So I dont know what to do about that one.

yeah, I honestly don't know if I finished it correctly, those little plastic push things were horrible and I ended up making my own holes for one side of the shipper, I saw the shelves were sturdy so I was finish imo (although I had too many screws left)

Ok so it was not just me. I thought I was the only who had trouble with that suncare shipper. I had extra push pins but I didnt have enough of the right size to connect the center brackets. Also I am done with my SL CSE signing except for Jewelry and accessories because The brackets we need to use wont fit even if I put it in the highest point because of the sunglasses fixtures. So I am just going to do that one in the end. For HL I did the tv focal and the electronics low wall and the toy focal 1. I also received CSE for photo,but at my store the photo sign does not have fixtures around it. So I dont know what to do about that one.

I saw your shipper it looked brilliant! Beautiful job! Oh oh don't call me by name on here, we try to be anonymous, might even want to take on another name, then u can say whatever you want and no one will know who you are, I knew immediately cause of your name!

So i'm no longer our stores signing team member....I got promoted to team lead of seasonal, cosmetics, and a few other areas, none of which is mens. Yet I somehow got the task of putting together the sun care shipper today and setting it. Man that was a pain. I don't think I got it all together right, cause I was rushing putting it together in between doing price challenge, covering the gstl lunch, taking my own lunch, directing team members, and working on a mid day zone through grocery. I stopped at started so many times, I hope the damn thing doesn't fall apart!!!

any one had a longer picture than the board? i have one for entertainment cse.

Chances are you have the incorrect boards. We had the same issue at our store, then our grocery focal ended up having boards that were a couple inches too short so we had to swap them.

Back