MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

FYI roller shelves can't be used in deodorant because the weight of deodorant is at the top of the product...... So it would either fall over as it rolled or if it made it down the shelf upright, it would then be launched over the front plastic real since the deodorants center of gravity is above the height of it. Just an FYI........

Hey guys! Our store is going to do the cosmetics transition, and I have a hard time locating the carrier trays (AS0234)??? Any tips and tricks on installing the back panels will be greatly appreciated!

The back panels are pretty easy, as long as the SFT or contractor has already installed the power pack at the top of a 4-ft section they're going on. There will be 2 (2? white?) bars that nest into the standards similar to how the gray 4ft softlines bars would, and the backpanels simply hook onto those. There should be four power cords coming out of the power pack and they plug into each of the backpanels. And that should be it :-3

I don't recall what carrier trays are, and I'm not positive your store has the supplies organized as ours did, but we had a series of pallets with boxes numbered for which day of the set was needed. If so, look at the number for that day of the set (1-4) and then look on the label for the corresponding day for the name of the section (Revlon, Indie, etc) and all of the trays should be in there. If not, just MySupport whichever items you're missing but be sure when doing so to choose the drop-down menus for Beauty Transcend, rather than under fixtures as you might normally, and supposedly they would arrive faster.

We were missing probably 20+ random hardware things, so you may end up missing quite a few things. We set around the middle-early March and we're still missing them, so expect delays. We were missing almost all of the 12x24 lighted boxes, and all of the black shadow-box looking things, and still are because of how slow the ordering process has been, even with the Beauty Transcend category =P

Some of our clear signs for the nail polish section that were supposed to go into light boxes didn't fit inside, as if they were measured by the outside edge rather than the inside edge. Also for some reason they sent the paper circle aisle markers (look a little like outriggers) for like, A1-A99, B1-B99, etc thru like K1-K99 or something, when they only needed to send us A2-A14 or so...

I'd be glad to help if I can, because we had very little to go on and ours was just unadulterated chaos trying to figure things out =P I personally think it was a huge mistake having POG/signing to come in at weird hours, and should have just had the contractors come in at weird hours and have POG set things during normal hours as they do for anything else. It was just as much a hassle for guests had we done it that way, as it was for doing it overnight. It just resulted in POG milking the clock waiting around for the contractor to get his act together, and then POG and contractor stepping over the top of each other.

Hey guys! Our store is going to do the cosmetics transition, and I have a hard time locating the carrier trays (AS0234)??? Any tips and tricks on installing the back panels will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!

those fixtures were on a separate mixed pallet.. it had those on there, the small dividers, pushers etc on it. they are similar to the other "peg hook" fixtures but they have the label holder on the front attached. we didnt have any trouble installing the back panels they just slid right onto the bars.. what kind of trouble are you having?

out transcend set went amazingly well. we were missing like 6 signs, a couple trays they sent were the wrong ones but we just made a temporary fix until the right shelf comes in. I am surprised your sft helped install those boxes. we did every single thing. but we did just go through a remodel and all didnt have any electrical contractors come in at all..

@Wave Ballerino I know when I opened the "Elf" box, there were no carrier trays in that box. So I had assumed that the carrier trays were on the pallets where the fixtures came on. To my dismay, they weren't there.

ELF doesn't use any carrier trays, save for the bottom shelf, as all it uses is the lit Hook n Hang bars. Some POGS do have blank bases, like Sonia and Naturals. For these, you put an adhesive label holder on the white base shelf cover.

The carrier trays and inserts should all be together for each POG and sorted in order, ready to place. There were a few random ones missing, which is why I assume they sent us a extra box of flat shelves and utility shelves.

Any idea on the fixture ID for the adhesive strips? I think we are still missing them, even a month later..

Any clear 4ft adhesive label holder will do in case you have any hanging around from pfresh or something. Is not special.

FYI roller shelves can't be used in deodorant because the weight of deodorant is at the top of the product...... So it would either fall over as it rolled or if it made it down the shelf upright, it would then be launched over the front plastic real since the deodorants center of gravity is above the height of it. Just an FYI........
That is correct. At my store, deodrant was reduced. I haven't had chance to look at the fixtures.

I believe our indie tester trays were also missing. Actually just ordered them this week, had to look in the POGs to individually find them.. I think they're thermo-something in Ariba.

We are setting our Summer A Go Go stuff early because of Inventory so we wouldn't need to count the merch in backroom for it, so I got to set the overheads too, naturally, and I've got some notes about bad instructions..

There is a large letter A to assemble which has little electronics for little plastic domes that look like blinking bulbs, and there is an adhesive disk that sandwiches the dome's lip edge to the inside of the cardboard. The peel-off parts of the disk are different and ours had different quality adhesive. Use the matte side of the disk to go on the cardboard side, and the glossy side of the disk to affix the blinker to.. the glossy side for me was not strong enough to hold the dome up for very long and became a big headache, but the matte side was very firm.

Also, the oneup hangers for the A should be [18/6, 18,6] instead of 18/12's for the A section when hanging in order to look like the pic.

The blinker electronic bits are also problematic since perhaps a third of those sent to us didn't work after pulling the battery tab. Of those, perhaps 3 or so had no functionality after wiggling the watch battery inside that got the others to come on. I would advise spacing the inoperative lights, if it becomes a problem, in an every-other pattern with working lights. I have 3 that don't work and it's tough to notice unless you stand there and study it in detail since the lights blink randomly instead of in a pattern where a missing one would be noticeable..

We start our readjust of Market Monday, 6/23 morning. ISM screw up was EVERY market box wasn't marked what kit was inside. I opened every box and got it laid out on my cart to set the days of. ISM also put BTS set and the Market Readjust AND Furniture set in the same week. PTL convinced the stl to allow us to set BTS and Furniture this week, and luckily sales were up so we were allowed to. BTS was same old stuff. Allow 1 person 3 days (Box to Baler) to prebuild everything. 2 days to set.

Everyone make it through market?

Market, what market remodel?

It's something I'd rather forget about. Contractors were horrible, we overspent on payroll, things aren't finished...the backroom is a disaster zone, and POGs still need to be audited so that missing signing/fixtures can be ordered...

Also, the oneup hangers for the A should be [18/6, 18,6] instead of 18/12's for the A section when hanging in order to look like the pic.

The blinker electronic bits are also problematic since perhaps a third of those sent to us didn't work after pulling the battery tab. Of those, perhaps 3 or so had no functionality after wiggling the watch battery inside that got the others to come on.

I know this is late. I didn't have any problems with my instructions for hanging it. As for the lights, it was because the plastic strip inside wasn't removed. Got a pair of pliers, pried it open, got it out and the lights started flashing again. Sometimes it's just a loose solder from being in transit, and required a little jiggling.

We've still got four aisles to set. And one aisle that's all boxed up in the back. No idea what the plan is for this weekend. I'm off, so I'm not thinking about it until monday. Just fantastic.

Only thing I can say about this reset. Is why? It's not quite as bad as the cosmetic which we are still waiting on fixtures. Stuff will be clearances out before it is even put out. But the amount of time they wanted the market one done in is just crazy. Between soup, condiments, and moving ever divider in coffee. The things we found too yuck.

We had just the normal POG switchups on Market this past week (and previous week) with nothing fancy going on.. We're not Pfresh tho, so that might have something to do with it?

Back