MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

As of the new reset that was due this week, they are no longer supposed to be used. They have been replaced by a 4' info box telling people to see the pharmacist for product containing pseudoephedrine
That's what the pog at my store has.

Trashed ours yesterday, now guests bring the display box to the pharmacy. Would still love the rolling racks though.

Now I'm just picturing guests bringing the 4 foot long/8 inch tall signing box to the pharmacy counter asking for Sudafed (and pointing to the picture on the box). Lol

We started doing that. But it wasn't working out for the spacing. Plus, with them saying the pog would only take 9 hours, we got jammed at the end. People who don't normally help came over to help. But by then, it was a cluster mess.

I just imagine thousands of stores trying to hand measure all this product, when a simple thing like label strips would have saved thousands of hours.

My label strips came in as we had gotten 4/6 sections done without strips for vitamins. I just trashed the label strips.

The roller shelves were new this year for our store. The shelves and dividers are awesome.

The biggest flaw was that they made it a non-label strip planogram. It says so on the paperwork. This made setting and pushing harder than it needed to be.
We've had these shelf's for three years. It has always been a label strip Pog. It was this year as well.

We've had these shelf's for three years. It has always been a label strip Pog. It was this year as well.

The paper pog sent to our said, "Non-label strip pog. Please print labels." And we received no strips for it. So, that is the reality. I can't explain why some stores got strips or not. All I know is that it added hours to the set.

The paper pog sent to our said, "Non-label strip pog. Please print labels." And we received no strips for it. So, that is the reality. I can't explain why some stores got strips or not. All I know is that it added hours to the set.

Early set notes said that a few planos (vitamins, maxi pads, tampons) were coded wrong as not needing label strips when they were sent to the printer, and label strips would come in starting Thursday for those pogs. I got my label strips Friday but we'd already set most of vitamins without. :-/

Early set notes said that a few planos (vitamins, maxi pads, tampons) were coded wrong as not needing label strips when they were sent to the printer, and label strips would come in starting Thursday for those pogs. I got my label strips Friday but we'd already set most of vitamins without. :-/

Well that sucks! But I'm just a lowly signing tm, not the pptl. If he doesn't share that info with us, we are stuck with what we get.

I'm glad we got the vitamin roller shelves a lil earlier than some. It makes the aisle better, and it would honestly do a lot of good on some of the other aisles. Bandaids, maybe.

Hey signing peeps, did any of you get an increase with the new minimum wage rollout? I know paygrades under us (n03) and pay grades higher than us (no 12 and no17) received extra money during review time.

So we now have roller shelves in the digestive care aisle. The rollers don't work as well as in the vitamin aisle, but it's because the antacids, etc. are in oddly shaped containers that don't slide down the rollers as easily as the vitamins.

Bandaids, maybe.

We have the new-style pushers in the bandage aisle. We used to have the dividers from the old-style pushers but not the actual pushers, so the bandage boxes would always fall backwards and drive me crazy. They still take a while to zone because I find about 20 boxes of bandages that mysteriously appeared behind the pushers, but it's a lot better than what we had before.

How accurate are the signing hours on the adjacency calendar ? Their pretty much closer to zero after each week.

For the Pain aisle (at my store) the third section on the bottom shelf, according to the Planogram, was supposed to have bins of some sort. They weren't sent, and the line listing didn't mention them. The only thing I received were the dividers for said bins but they look like the dividers you use for the utility shelves in cosmetics. Can anyone tell me if those are the right dividers? Or if anyone has a number for those bins so I can order them?

Im having the same problem. I my supported the problem but they're asking for a picture of the missing fixture. How exactly am i supposed to get a picture of a fixture i never recieved and have no part number for? Thats why i contacted you guys in the first place o_O

Im having the same problem. I my supported the problem but they're asking for a picture of the missing fixture. How exactly am i supposed to get a picture of a fixture i never recieved and have no part number for? Thats why i contacted you guys in the first place o_O

So I did get a bin thing but the box it came in said Loreal Rev, and it comes up as the bin to the toothbrush aisle when I scan it.

I am so tired of Mysupport asking for a picture. Just read what I am telling you and do your job and answer me.

Does anyone know the #'s to order the new adhesive 3x3 signs? The #'s on the signs don't result in anything on SAP nor does a search find anything. My HR tm is pulling her hair out.

Does anyone know the #'s to order the new adhesive 3x3 signs? The #'s on the signs don't result in anything on SAP nor does a search find anything. My HR tm is pulling her hair out.

I've left for day now, but I've ordered them using the numbers on the signing card stock before. If the first one isn't the one you want(sometimes it isn't) just scroll down. Or search for Dept SPM I think. That should bring up all the possibilities.

I'm doing an order tomorrow. If you tell me what ones you need, I can shoot a response then.

I just searched 3x3 and what I needed came right up.
That's weird. My HR TM said it didn't work.
The Plano TL is in tomorrow and she has ordered them before, so I'll let her deal with it. I was just trying to get them ordered today because we are completely out of every single sign.
Thanks for the help! You too @unknown :)

I recently cleared my fixture room again, but I was wondering what all of you do with the curved softlines bars? They are literally the worst fixture in target for storing because you cant just pile them up neatly, and it doesn't help that when team members come in with them they just leave them on the floor in the softlines area for people to just step on and get 'raked' in the face. I've seen pictures of others fixture rooms where they have a pegboard set up in the back with those doubleprong heavy duty pegs holding them up, but my store has so many of the curved bars that it doesn't seem that they would all fit.

Last edited:
The set up in the pictures works really well.
I did it in my fixture room and as long as you train your people to use them properly they are great.

Back