MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Does anyone know of a map for the Christmas tree tables? I could of sworn I saw one. I thought it displayed the trees from a top down view and showed where the trees went with a circle and the last four of the dpci in the circle. I double checked the trim a tree VA and the transition guide but didn't see anything. Am I imagining this or is it listed online somewhere or in a ism box? Also didn't see it in the tree table covers box, which they only set three sets, instead of four.

My pmt showed me a map a week ago. I think she got it from my pptl. I'm not sure if it included specific trees or how they are setting.

Got an email on Wednesday from POG TL saying they were building the trees on Thursday night and was super confused. I came in to see a forest of trees blocking half of one of the backrooms. Then they had a pog person start building the freestanding ornament bins, and told me not to worry about any of the wrap bins because they were going to set the tree flat first. Came in last night and pulled out the tree table covers and started getting ready to move the trees and bins out to the floor. Except they decided to set freaking wrapping paper first so I spent all night building the damn wrap bins that could have been prebuilt if they told me the real plan. Now POG TL says they're setting trees LAST.... so complete waste of time and space. The communication/miscommunication at this store is special.

Meanwhile, I haven't seen a fully intact pallet with shrink wrap or a packing slip in 2 weeks. Missing all kinds of random signing. No response from mysupport, shocker. They made me set the toy catalog stanchion before I left this morning but we haven't gotten the catalog pallets yet. The shelves for that came in with a curve in the back and ended up broken by the e/tls who tried to help me muscle them in. Set the Hanukkah endcap with pharmacy blue backer paper and a holiday header. I nearly cried when I saw a beautiful red wrapped pallet COMPLETE WITH PACKING SLIP come off the truck, and as a bonus, it even had some stuff people were asking for!!

I'm just glad tonight is going to be me and the Hardlines ETL and TL. They're going to work on condensing more Halloween, then we'll backer paper and sign the empty runs and get the overheads up. Our district decided that at store open on the 3rd, not only are we going to have Christmas 100% set, but also the entire new endcap pallet, so that's cool. Thank god some ETLs got a head start on the endcaps this weekend because I have no idea when I'll have time. At least being overnight finally gives me a respite from the Grocery Pusher project. I was stupid enough to offer help for that one day, then suddenly I was the head of it. I have my grocery tm rolling solo with yogurt fixtures today. Should be interesting.

Really? I've been bombarded by large Pallets every since the Christmas Bins arrived, I still have one from Sunday that is a foot taller than I. (It looks to be mostly store ordered/Mini Seasonal crap though.

I started delegating some of my projects to plano people. Had one fluff trees and one build the wrap focal last night while I worked on the rock tree table and ornament bins. Tonight someone else will be decorating the big tree and finishing tree fluffing while I put up overheads.

I haven't received my endcap header pallet yet, supposed to arrive today. But I am not stressing too much about that project because I did not see it in the Monthly Signing Update so feel like it's not actually my problem unless they beg for my help.

Didn't get any help at all this year, four 8 hour shifts won't see rear seasonal completely finished with all the random stuff I'm asked to do. Got all the focals and most of the wrap bins up, and i'll be able to do the other two decor focals tomorrow.. unfortunately someone broke the wave over the weekend so looks like the Halloween overheads are staying up another week and the 10f tree will stay in its box.

No pole to take them down at least? Even my half broken pole can remove most things...

...meanwhile pog built the wrap bins, trees, and condensed. Super big visit today, no notes on how it went. I've got power aisle, tree lot, half of fos, toys, and a&a overheads up after two overnights. Plus tree table covers. Finishing fos, then onto directionals and rear seasonal.

No pole to take them down at least? Even my half broken pole can remove most things...

...meanwhile pog built the wrap bins, trees, and condensed. Super big visit today, no notes on how it went. I've got power aisle, tree lot, half of fos, toys, and a&a overheads up after two overnights. Plus tree table covers. Finishing fos, then onto directionals and rear seasonal.

Doing FOS Overhead tonight, looks like a god damn monster

Rear seasonal overhead was not bad, but it is Huge.

I really really struggled with the FOS. The instructions said it should take 1 hour, and it took me 5.
The instructions were confusing for me.

Rear seasonal is 100% (except decorating the trees and I aint doing that...LOL)

Is the Power Aisle, A&A, & Toys as difficult as FOS?

I really really struggled with the FOS. The instructions said it should take 1 hour, and it took me 5.
The instructions were confusing for me.

Rear seasonal is 100% (except decorating the trees and I aint doing that...LOL)

Is the Power Aisle, A&A, & Toys as difficult as FOS?
Took you 5? I had help and it took me 8ish hours from cracking open the box to almost finishing. The instructions were awful and I had to use plastic overhead cables because I simply didn't have enough wires. Also the plastic show lights kept coming out of the bracket. It was a bad day.

never had a one-up pole in my store, I just got used to the wave when I started.

You should order a one up, it comes in handy for easier things to hang like directionals. And usually you can take down overheads with it even if you couldn't use it to put them up.

The only overhead I have up is the Power Aisle. Was pretty easy. Then I opened up the FOS box. Took one look at the instructions and decided I wasn't ready for that yet!

Really? I've been bombarded by large Pallets every since the Christmas Bins arrived, I still have one from Sunday that is a foot taller than I. (It looks to be mostly store ordered/Mini Seasonal crap though.

Yeah, I had to MySupport for a packing slip last week and it was the wrong one. Then the stuff listed started coming in- 2-3 pallets a day of the large Rear Seasonal stuff and overheads just stacked on pallets or standing in the truck. All of the "normal" stuff from the slip (softlines monthlies, salesplanners, etc) hasn't shown up. Also missing the gift card and toy catalog pallets. The pallet and a half I got this week were wrapped and had the packing slip attached. Mostly Mini and stuff Bakery ordered.

Took you 5? I had help and it took me 8ish hours from cracking open the box to almost finishing. The instructions were awful and I had to use plastic overhead cables because I simply didn't have enough wires. Also the plastic show lights kept coming out of the bracket. It was a bad day.
Thank goodness it wasnt only me.. I got so frustrated at the "refer to..." "referring to..." in the instructions. I swear the entire goal of those instructions was to cut the steps in half.

I also didnt have enough hooks. I have been ordering new hooks every month, but couldnt get more than 1 bag of 18" or 36" at a time, so I ran out of those immediately. I was foolish and tossed all the hooks from last Christmas because we took the overheads down quickly with the pole and they were hopelessly tangled.

Tonight I will do all the odds and ends, put away this weeks pallet and simple overheads. I'll tackle the Power Aisle on Friday.

6 hours, 45 mins for the FOS for me. Wow. Came in at 9 last night in hopes of getting all overheads up... HAHAHA. I'm on my second lunch and have less than 2 hours left. I plan on finishing the Rear Season overhead (I haven't put the lettering up) and the Tree Lot before I go... wishful thinking. I finally got assistance from a POG tm (former signing spec) so he's been working on the clings and maybe some more overheads. At 9 am I'm maxed out on hours for the week, so who knows what I'll end up coming back to on Monday.

6 hours, 45 mins for the FOS for me. Wow. Came in at 9 last night in hopes of getting all overheads up... HAHAHA. I'm on my second lunch and have less than 2 hours left. I plan on finishing the Rear Season overhead (I haven't put the lettering up) and the Tree Lot before I go... wishful thinking. I finally got assistance from a POG tm (former signing spec) so he's been working on the clings and maybe some more overheads. At 9 am I'm maxed out on hours for the week, so who knows what I'll end up coming back to on Monday.

Seriously, what a god damn nightmare, that was... 60 minutes it said it would take to put up, what a joke.

Back