MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Like seriously, what were they thinking on that rail? With some trial and error, I was able to get it on securely, but why couldnt they just use the rail for stability, and punch a hole just below it? Sheeeesh, gotta make it difficult.

All I did last night was make sure all the trees were lit and signed, tied down all the displays, all endcaps completely signed, directionals up, category strips....yadda yadda. The little junk that was bugging me. Looks really good now and I dont have a basket full of stuff to remember to do.

I read through the PA instructions.......piece of cake. Hoping to finish all the overheads tonight.

If anyone runs out of hooks, an old trick was to make them out of baling wire. Im hoping not to have to do that, but all I have left are 12" and 24" wire hooks, and the old one up hooks, so its an option.

I didnt read the cling instructions. Does the instructions say Not to use water to install them? No water, no bueno!

So I just got the cat&jack and licence shippers for last week. But they didn't bother to put the assembly instructions in the damn boxes.

Has anyone else gotten new aisle letter/number signs with a white background and silver letters/numbers? It looks so terrible!

All our stuff is arriving late and I'm soooooo over it!!!! AND THEN I'm missing stuff and then non support tells me to "take a look around, your invoice says you received it". I'm quite sure I would not miss a box 5'x12'. morons. And then they put those damn headers in all kinds of places they shouldn't have. Smh. I should have told the stl if they hadn't started seasonal hiring so early they would have been able to give me all my hours the past 3 weeks and the damn job would have been done right. I have started job hunting. I'm over it. And then to top it off, I was informed that any isles pog couldn't complete because I didn't get stuff prebuilt, yeah I'm responsible for finishing them.

Does anyone know of a map for the Christmas tree tables? I could of sworn I saw one. I thought it displayed the trees from a top down view and showed where the trees went with a circle and the last four of the dpci in the circle. I double checked the trim a tree VA and the transition guide but didn't see anything. Am I imagining this or is it listed online somewhere or in a ism box? Also didn't see it in the tree table covers box, which they only set three sets, instead of four.
We get one every 3 years. I have found, it does not much matter. Try to line up the trees somewhat with the ones on the pog, and mysupport it. It's one thing they seem to send to you.

You should order a one up, it comes in handy for easier things to hang like directionals. And usually you can take down overheads with it even if you couldn't use it to put them up.
I got one and never could figure out how to use it :(

I got one and never could figure out how to use it :(

It can be tricky! I have a good one and a bad one. The bad one is marked and that's the one I tell other people to use so when they break it I am not (as) pissed.

I always feel like a circus performer when using it too. Like, watch me hoist this 50 lb sign over my head while simultaneously not losing my balance & falling over. Ta da!

I like how they color code them but instead of saying use a blue they say to use a 12" cable. None of the cable lengths on the instructions worked for our store it had to be figured out by trial and error.

Same thing for when I hung the rear seasonal overhead. Pretty bad when I can touch the signing without even stretching! Had to adjust every cable by 6 inches. Is FOS the same? Haven't done that one yet and would love to save time on it if I can.

Last edited:
I lucked out with the new endcap signing and didn't have to do anything for it. My PTL, GSTL, and an intern put all of it up before store open today. So grateful for that!

And, yes, the new aisle markers are very blah. They are completely washed out and blend in too much, easy to miss. I had been starting to replace all of the red ones too. That was money well spent. :oops:

I lucked out with the new endcap signing and didn't have to do anything for it. My PTL, GSTL, and an intern put all of it up before store open today. So grateful for that!

And, yes, the new aisle markers are very blah. They are completely washed out and blend in too much, easy to miss. I had been starting to replace all of the red ones too. That was money well spent. :oops:

Agreed, when I saw them I thought they were just for the holidays, you know silver/grey on white feels very winter.. But if they are what is staying they are blah..

Hi fellow Target team members. Never posted before but we're in a crunch last overnight for seasonal. Does anyone know where the Holiday Home Overhead sign is supposed to go specifically? We originally thought between A and B block but our "Wondershop this way" interferes. It seems out of place between C and D block... any help would be appreciated thanks!

Hi fellow Target team members. Never posted before but we're in a crunch last overnight for seasonal. Does anyone know where the Holiday Home Overhead sign is supposed to go specifically? We originally thought between A and B block but our "Wondershop this way" interferes. It seems out of place between C and D block... any help would be appreciated thanks!
I put mine between A & B. Our dishware is in B, (coffee cups are pictured) so I put it about B25. Our directionals are at B1 & B44. Since they didnt give a racetrack view, its up to your best judgement.
You have to hang them so they hang between endcaps. Too wide to hang from Endcap to Endcap

Finished everything last night. Phew! Im pooped.

Last edited:
If its the one I am thinking of probably in the middle of home decor/domestics. Are there pictures on the signs or just lettering?
Yes there is an image. We ended up putting it between the b trend run with the dishware in the image and a grocery aisle... kind of strange since it shows the signing between two trend runs? Hopefully out stickler DTL doesn't notice...

I put mine between A & B. Our dishware is in B, (coffee cups are pictured) so I put it about B25. Our directionals are at B1 & B44. Since they didnt give a racetrack view, its up to your best judgement.
You have to hang them so they hang between endcaps. Too wide to hang from Endcap to Endcap

Finished everything last night. Phew! Im pooped.
Thanks for he response. We unfortunately couldn't put it between A and B since we have our Wondershop directional signing there... so we awkwardly put it between the B tend run and grocery...let's hope our DTL doesn't notice.

Does anyone know of a map for the Christmas tree tables? I could of sworn I saw one.
I believe it's on the very last page of the Early Set Notes, if I recall correctly. Also, could've* =)

I got one gander at the front-of-store OH signing for Xmas, which looks like the movie-marquee thing looks nightmarish -- and looks to take about 4-6 hours instead of the hourish the paper says..

I believe it's on the very last page of the Early Set Notes, if I recall correctly. Also, could've* =)

I got one gander at the front-of-store OH signing for Xmas, which looks like the movie-marquee thing looks nightmarish -- and looks to take about 4-6 hours instead of the hourish the paper says..

I have worked for Target for 5 years and I cannot remember an overhead that looked this rediculous.

Those new aisle signs are very hard to see. I don't like them.

I come from a design background... these new aisle number signs lack a basic readability concept, high contrast. The higher the contrast between two colors, the easier it is to read. Red, Black and White combinations are the highest, but as soon as you vary the value of any of those colors (lower it's contast), you loose readability. So, black on white is great. 50% black on white is not very good. The value of the numbers on the new signs has to be below 50% from my judgment. It was a very poor decision to go for this minimal, reduced contrast look. Especially when most guests likely don't have 20/20 vision.

Hell, guests barely noticed the aisle numbers before, unless I pointed up to them and said what to look for.

It fell one last time and the plastic spit in half. Problem solved I guess.

Our FOS ones fell out and cracked. Looks fine without it, but reordered anyway. And now I see that there's one for Accessories that has the same deal--the rails. Other than trying to punch holes in the signs and just using the rails for stability, I don't have any idea how to put them up safely.

Our FOS ones fell out and cracked. Looks fine without it, but reordered anyway. And now I see that there's one for Accessories that has the same deal--the rails. Other than trying to punch holes in the signs and just using the rails for stability, I don't have any idea how to put them up safely.
Mine have never had a problem. One came cracked, but I saved them from last year to organize my desk so easy fix.

Back