MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I save the hooks with ends closed back into their original baggies in sets of 6. If I dont have the original baggie, I use a sandwich baggie. I just havent found another way to keep them untangled. I've tried hanging, I've tried the rings, but they tangle while transporting them. So freaking time consuming. I used to be able to drop all Christmas signing in an hour, then untangled the hooks in a relatively short time at a later date. With not being able to order new wire hooks and how impossible it is to untangle if you dont take down carefully, it is going to take me at least 3 hours to take down Christmas signing this year.

If anyone can find the part number for the fixture room bin stickers, please post. I've been looking for them for quite while. In the meantime, I have put a adhesive 3x5 (bike rack signholder) on the gray bins. I write the description, AND reorder number on a white 3x5 and put it in there. If I have a really hard time with the tms keeping a bin clean, I print out a photo from SAP and put it in a adhesive 7x11 and put it on the box.

I generally use the Wave to take things down, and hand them on the shelf part of the Wave. The open hook end of one piece is about enough size to fit around it without stretching much, but getting the Wave to go all the way down is sometimes problematic =) I can drive the Wave back to the fxrm and then take them off one-by-one and sort them..

Did anyone see the Workbench update today??
1. They updated the ISM process page with actual useful information!
And 2. The January Signing Update is posted and that FOS monstrosity stays up for another week, I believe it was! Gonna save me so much time on Saturday when I come in for takedown:D

So when we got the white aisle numbers, we just stored the extras in the signing room.

f1oJz1D.jpg

Heads up, there was a redwire about keeping the FOS hanging up. There's supposed to replace the Merry Christmas bit with a Clearance sign, which may or may not be delivered today or Saturday.

So we get to put off taking that monstrosity down for a little bit.

not looking forward to this week with all the cleanup I have to do, people just kept dropping stuff on the floor of the fixture room all month, shelves trash and all sorts of merchandise...

not looking forward to this week with all the cleanup I have to do, people just kept dropping stuff on the floor of the fixture room all month, shelves trash and all sorts of merchandise...
We've kept it to one cart and a tub of shelves somehow...until the vmlbp visited...now I own several softlines fixtures as well. So nobody can get anywhere. Again.

If anyone can find the part number for the fixture room bin stickers, please post. I've been looking for them for quite while. In the meantime, I have put a adhesive 3x5 (bike rack signholder) on the gray bins. I write the description, AND reorder number on a white 3x5 and put it in there. If I have a really hard time with the tms keeping a bin clean, I print out a photo from SAP and put it in a adhesive 7x11 and put it on the box.

I'm pretty sure the number is Log1034.
Under sap it is called "Label, Fixture room 4/34 sh/pkg"

I came in at 4:30 a.m. this morning and I was able to clear up most of the overheads and organized all my wires.

The only overheads I left were the front of the store headache with the ugly clearance sign, and the tree lot sign because I'm afraid of knocking over a tree or two.

These are some good suggestions of how to keep my wires organized because last year putting up to Easter overheads were a pain because of my Tangled mess

Heads up, there was a redwire about keeping the FOS hanging up. There's supposed to replace the Merry Christmas bit with a Clearance sign, which may or may not be delivered today or Saturday.

So we get to put off taking that monstrosity down for a little bit.

I took down all of FOS last night except for the piece that has the clearance sign attached. It was a complete joy to wreck that beast (and all the other overheads); *almost* made it worth the headache of putting them up to begin with!

Got a peek at the transition packet for the upcoming beauty reset and HOLY EFF!!!! I am not looking forward to it: an insane amount of aisle moves, including inline focal signs & under shelf lighting which probably also means a crap-ton of new backer paper & signing to go along with the new flow of the Beauty dept. And with only one reliable/accurate plano setter for this area.....Kill me now. I'll even make it easy for you by providing some rope I saved from the Christmas power aisle!

I took down all of FOS last night except for the piece that has the clearance sign attached. It was a complete joy to wreck that beast (and all the other overheads); *almost* made it worth the headache of putting them up to begin with!

Oh snap that would of been a great idea. Though I'm sure my STL would of complained had I taken most of that thing away. Oh well I guess it can wait till new years day

Got a peek at the transition packet for the upcoming beauty reset and HOLY EFF!!!! I am not looking forward to it: an insane amount of aisle moves, including inline focal signs & under shelf lighting which probably also means a crap-ton of new backer paper & signing to go along with the new flow of the Beauty dept. And with only one reliable/accurate plano setter for this area.....Kill me now. I'll even make it easy for you by providing some rope I saved from the Christmas power aisle!

Just read though it, they are sending new signs for everything.

Even the carry forward stuff. Personally I am dreading it but starting cosmetics with a fresh start should be fun... /s

I have a piece of Fencing I use to keep my wires separated, plus if they have ceiling clips, I usually leave them on, as it helps keep them separated.

I cried, need to put in vakay for that week asap.

I cried, need to put in vakay for that week asap.

Right!?! Only problem with taking vacation that week for me is that all the signing would still be waiting for me when I got back as only one Plano person is competent enough to know about checking old signs and looking for new ones. And none of them understand planning that kind of workload to set either.

hello friends ive got signing for jan 1 and its probably for electronics is there anything in particular you guys can tell me about it? all people really tell me is that its pretty chill to do

im honestly not sure it just says signing under my schedule and i asked my tl and she said it'll be really chill but never said what exactly im doing

If it is ad signs, you just peel off a little strip, and stick the ad sign to the label strip holder in the correct location on the shelf.

Location (schematic) is usually printed on the sign. Just bring a small bag for trash, and remember to rub your finger across the sign as you stick it to the label holder.

It's kind of like putting up postits all over the place.... and then picking them up through the week as they fall on the ground!

Just read though it, they are sending new signs for everything.

Even the carry forward stuff. Personally I am dreading it but starting cosmetics with a fresh start should be fun... /s
That's what the said last time...remember the pallet for premium skincare? That nobody got...ugh. Hoping to get enough repeats to finally full in the gaps from last year that never cane via SAP.

Back