MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Thanks, Spot, for cancelling my order of all the overhead cables that you didn't bother sending me for Christmas signing. Were you hoping if you cancelled all the orders claiming these items are no longer available all of us signing peeps would forget about them? I know how you work- temporarily make them unavailable and reactivate them later. Sneaky, sneaky, but I am on to you! :mad:

Thanks, Spot, for cancelling my order of all the overhead cables that you didn't bother sending me for Christmas signing. Were you hoping if you cancelled all the orders claiming these items are no longer available all of us signing peeps would forget about them? I know how you work- temporarily make them unavailable and reactivate them later. Sneaky, sneaky, but I am on to you! :mad:
Yeah, that's on the list to mysupport. Along with the 5 packs of clearance toppers signed for by an employee we don't have...

It's okay though! We got a UPS box stuffed full of the old OneUp hooks with a note apologizing about the shortage and they understand how important it is to get the holiday OH signing up.

I mean it came in this week, but it's the thought that counts. Right?

...right?

I'm in need of help finding a SAP #. I'm looking for the number for the white tags used in softlines when a piece of clothing is missing its tag, and we make a new barcode for it. The tags come in a big roll of 2000 or so. I have spent a lot of time looking through SAP trying to find the damn things without any luck.

If the other part # posted doesn't work, I believe they are called Soabar tickets in SAP.

If the other part # posted doesn't work, I believe they are called Soabar tickets in SAP.

I'm wondering if there is a new style of these tags. I used the part number T 0405 and it brought up a tag that sounded similar, but didn't look the same. I ordered it to see what I get. I've never had such a hard time trying to find something.

Anyone hear if they are changing overhead cables?

got an e-mail saying my bulk order of overhead cables got canceled.

A lot us got that email. I think they temporarily made them unavailable and cancelled all current orders because they are unable to fulfill them all. Probably figuring most people either won't mySupport it or won't try reordering later because they will forget about it.

They are very shady about things like this. I've seen them restrict items on SAP, remove items without telling us if there is a replacement coming, making some items only orderable via mySupport but not letting us know. God forbid they actually communicate something!

It's probably to late to order fixtures for next week. You may have a focal that has to be built.

Also really Spot? You want me to carry forward the old backer and liners???

We suddenly have an all new plano team. I was asked to plan the cosmetic set. Are there any fixtures I need to insure I have enough of? Is the PMT needed?
All new Plano team? I wish Santa brought me a new Plano team.

I got a huge pallet of beauty fixtures today. It looks like a lot of what we need is there. If there's anything to be built, you'll need pmt. Maybe also for lighting issues.

A lot us got that email. I think they temporarily made them unavailable and cancelled all current orders because they are unable to fulfill them all. Probably figuring most people either won't mySupport it or won't try reordering later because they will forget about it.

They are very shady about things like this. I've seen them restrict items on SAP, remove items without telling us if there is a replacement coming, making some items only orderable via mySupport but not letting us know. God forbid they actually communicate something!

Like this limit to 1 "don't forget your top" strip, per order, or 25 cosmetics clings per order, or 1 sheet of cosmetics clearance labels per order. (like 40 other things that I can't remember to list here.

is bullshit

Last edited:
All new Plano team? I wish Santa brought me a new Plano team.

I got a huge pallet of beauty fixtures today. It looks like a lot of what we need is there. If there's anything to be built, you'll need pmt. Maybe also for lighting issues.

Only one pallet? I got a pallet in today as well as one last week, both for next week's set. Trying to figure out how I am going to sort them this week and still get all the new baby displays built & up. I have help tomorrow so I hope it's enough!

I broke down cosmetic pallets. The first pallet FILLED my 8' of steel, signing pallet a tub, AND there is another pallet of what I think is panels.

I have a Tub full of baby signing that I hope hope to finish today. Plano promised to do their own infant displays. I just cant do it again.

Once that is finished, I'm going to break down all the cosmetic fixtures on flat beds, write the part number very large on each and organize by part number and line them up on the line to push to cosmetics on Sunday.

One tub will be filled with adhesive dividers, clear overlay and liner that I have accumulated.

All I can do, right?

So did anyone else get no new shelf liners?

I am a very sad kitty.

I absolutely hate when they skip out on those!!! Especially for transitions like this where practically everything is moving. Do they really not realize how shitty those liners are when they have to be reused multiple times??

I kept three full cases from the last transition. I've only seen one giant pallet chine in, but we are not getting the new focal...cause they hate us.

No new focal for us either, but our Naturals POG is expanding a lot so that is an entire oversize pallet of fixtures. I also have 3 or 4 boxes of shelf liner on hand that I have ordered in the past just in case.

No new focal for us either, but our Naturals POG is expanding a lot so that is an entire oversize pallet of fixtures. I also have 3 or 4 boxes of shelf liner on hand that I have ordered in the past just in case.
We only have 8ft more it cab expand but it is. It's never zoned right though...and my poggies never put up price labels in cosmetics...

Hi Everyone, sorry to change the subject here but I need your help because we started setting Infants this week and I've had very little training as far as displays go. Our last Signing guy quit during the last Infant display set up so it's kind of a mess... Very few of the older displays have labels to scan so I don't know if they're carry forward and I can't check the shelf because almost none of it is stocked. The product images page on the POG doesn't show diddley squat either so I can't rely on that. Does anyone have a process or any nifty little tricks for putting them up and taking them down?

I had a problem with the baby monitors earlier too because only 4 displays fit on a 4' shelf but some of the locations are like N12(5) 1-3-8 which would be the 8th spot on a 4' shelf... Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I thought maybe the display counted as like the first spot and the info card sign might count as the second, but some of the display labels don't show locations while their info cards do... And on top of that, a few of the displays that do have locations didn't come with info cards. :| AHHH! I don't know.

Unfortunately I had to take tomorrow off for surgery so I have to finish the displays on Monday before our cosmetics set... So far my plan when I come in is to print the line listing for everything and research every class 94 display to see what I have and what I'm missing. If a display is up that I'm actually able to scan and it isn't on the line listing then I'm going to sweep it. Doesn't help much for the displays that don't have anything to scan though... Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Back