MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

16 hours to sign cosmetics? Yeah, if I didnt have to audit and order all the dang missing signs...

So, today, instead of catching up on the odds and ends from toys and nit, thats what I'll be doing....
Sunday night: you won't have to set pogs, just support the team finding their stuff
Tues night: do you want to set the brush endcap, sign the stuff they set but didn't sign or set an aisle

Bitch. Couldn't even get two small pogs done last night but now she's going to make me clean up after the team again...

We did naturals last night. Had to move all the lit panels and stuff. No strips, find the signing in the biggest box after the team scanned everything but couldn't find it. So done with this crap. Two more nights...

Anyone else having a problem with their Old Cosmetics headers having their Shadow, literally burned onto the Cover of the Lit Headers? it is particularly noticeable when all the Headers are black.

I hit the inside of it with a shot of Spitfire and wiped it down the shadow dust and they look like new

Download? I gots me a color copy...only thing my pptl does right by me. She will forgo one herself so I have paperwork in color to share with the pog team.

if you go to work bench and go to transition communication and you can get a copy and you can download the PDF. Since you're signing team member you should have access to your email and I just email it to myself

Sunday night: you won't have to set pogs, just support the team finding their stuff
Tues night: do you want to set the brush endcap, sign the stuff they set but didn't sign or set an aisle

Bitch. Couldn't even get two small pogs done last night but now she's going to make me clean up after the team again...

We did naturals last night. Had to move all the lit panels and stuff. No strips, find the signing in the biggest box after the team scanned everything but couldn't find it. So done with this crap. Two more nights...

I feel your pain- if I didn't help by setting pogs in cosmetics, it would take the Plano team 2 weeks just to do the make up! So far this week, I have set Boots, Masks, brush ec, Maybelline, and Nailcare. Neveremind the almost pallets's worth of late signing I still need to work on.

I also make the team put up all their own signing for cosmetics because I feel it is easier to make sure they have the right label strips and fixtures in place. I go back thru after and audit for any missing signs to order.

My TL doesn't even attempt to set any of these pogs. She's been pulling in the backroom for the team instead. She knows she would just slow us down more so she lets me plan out what pogs need to get done and in what order and by whom.

I feel your pain- if I didn't help by setting pogs in cosmetics, it would take the Plano team 2 weeks just to do the make up! So far this week, I have set Boots, Masks, brush ec, Maybelline, and Nailcare. Neveremind the almost pallets's worth of late signing I still need to work on.

I also make the team put up all their own signing for cosmetics because I feel it is easier to make sure they have the right label strips and fixtures in place. I go back thru after and audit for any missing signs to order.

My TL doesn't even attempt to set any of these pogs. She's been pulling in the backroom for the team instead. She knows she would just slow us down more so she lets me plan out what pogs need to get done and in what order and by whom.
Planning sequence? What's that?

I'm pretty sure we're doing it opposite the recommended sequence as usual. She doesn't read the transition manuals til something goes wrong and I tell her it was specifically addressed in the manual...

Alright my gurus....how do you store the 4ft straight bars in your fixture room? They are laying on face out bars below shelves at the moment, but it gets dangerous. I tried to make a "cage" with round bars but nobody tries after it gets half full. I'm thinking of using one of the boxes towards the top of the steel section...but that's a long way for it to fall on someone...

Alright my gurus....how do you store the 4ft straight bars in your fixture room? They are laying on face out bars below shelves at the moment, but it gets dangerous. I tried to make a "cage" with round bars but nobody tries after it gets half full. I'm thinking of using one of the boxes towards the top of the steel section...but that's a long way for it to fall on someone...
My PTL re-purposes a large backer paper box with the end cut off to store them in,

Mine are currently stored the same way, using the face outs. A few have ended up in a saved roll wrap box from Christmas. But when no one is looking I sneak them out to the sales floor and store them on the walls, usually in men's basics or men's C9. Sometimes on convertibles. Now if only I could do that with extra softlines shelves....

My PTL re-purposes a large backer paper box with the end cut off to store them in,

Reinforced backer paper boxes is best practice.

If anyone could send me some of what they were smoking/snorting/mainlining up in Minnesota when they came up with these new hair dryer display brackets, and decided not to include instructions, that'd be just swell.

If anyone could send me some of what they were smoking/snorting/mainlining up in Minnesota when they came up with these new hair dryer display brackets, and decided not to include instructions, that'd be just swell.

oh no

We're getting hair dryer displays?

No troubles with them falling? I've got plenty up there that are empty. I just worry the sl girls are going to refuse to put them up there or put them in dumb and they fall out.

Sounds like my softlines team. They never put away their own fixtures, even the TL. There is currently an open tub full of softlines shelves waiting to be palletized because they will not fit in the fixture room. I told my TL I will not clean these up as it was the softlines TL who brought them back; she can do it herself. Always find shopping carts of hang bars and knuckle sign holders too.

So I take it you've set this one already? From the pic I've seen it looks like there is still a shelf of product above the displays. Is this accurate? Does it make the displays dark and hard to see like the old pog? I've been thinking about adding in under the shelf lighting like shampoo has to increase visibility on the hair dryer displays. If you could let me know, that'd be great!

No instructions, huh? Fantastic! :rolleyes:

So I take it you've set this one already? From the pic I've seen it looks like there is still a shelf of product above the displays. Is this accurate? Does it make the displays dark and hard to see like the old pog? I've been thinking about adding in under the shelf lighting like shampoo has to increase visibility on the hair dryer displays. If you could let me know, that'd be great!

No instructions, huh? Fantastic! :rolleyes:

There's shelves above our displays. They are a little dark yes. We had to raise the shelves above and display bars quite a bit so the bottom row of displays didn't just sit on the product underneath them. Not sure if that's my pog team's fault or if the pog is just garbage as usual.

The hair dryer displays are actually way better than the shelves. To attach the dryer or curler, just thread the cord through the three holes in the back. Down, up, down. It lock in by tension.

No directions though. We figured it out first ourselves.

But zero signing. Sign holders. No signs. Good job Target!!!

There's shelves above our displays. They are a little dark yes. We had to raise the shelves above and display bars quite a bit so the bottom row of displays didn't just sit on the product underneath them. Not sure if that's my pog team's fault or if the pog is just garbage as usual.

Probably the pog being garbage. Seems to be the norm now everywhere in the store. I was told by an etl whose sister worked at corporate making pogs that they don't usually fix pog issues on their end because they figure we will just fix it at the store. I told him we think people like his sister are idiots who can't do their job very well.

Thanks for the info! I think I have some extra shelf lighting so I will plan on installing when we set this week. If not, I'll order it. I think we are also going to use 14" shelves for the shelf on top to help a bit too. We never have enough product to fill an 18" and we are always short on 18" shelves anyway. Now seems like a good time to switch it.

The hair dryer displays are actually way better than the shelves. To attach the dryer or curler, just thread the cord through the three holes in the back. Down, up, down. It lock in by tension.

No signs!?! I am amazed and thrilled! This is almost as exciting to me as having pre-printed prices for baby displays last week, lol.

No signs!?! I am amazed and thrilled! This is almost as exciting to me as having pre-printed prices for baby displays last week, lol.

I got my signs in the store mail box, which arrived too late for anyone to put the signs in and there's literally no one on the sales floor that would be suitable to put them in. I know it doesn't sound difficult but, well, I know my store. I put in 3x5s beforehand, so there's something at least.

That's what we did, though I did love dealing with the power cords that are extra fat, threading them those through the holes was super irritating. I guarantee those displays will just be hanging by their cords constantly. I love our guests!!!

BTW, did anyone notice the Monthly Signing Update states there is just 1 hour of signing for this week and last week?

To be fair they even screwed up how many hours the cosmetics set should take, there was a workbench post about how it'll take 50% longer than originally allocated.

Killing it as usual, Spot.

To be fair they even screwed up how many hours the cosmetics set should take, there was a workbench post about how it'll take 50% longer than originally allocated.

Killing it as usual, Spot.

But the brain dead leaders at my store took it as gospel. Heaven forbid I'd get time to clean.

Back