MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I told him we think people like his sister are idiots who can't do their job very well.

Haha!! Thank you!!! Omg, I think that so much! It's like they don't even know what the product looks like a lot of the time. Or, they don't consider people actually shopping the product and make design choices that are realistic. Yeah, we fix it at the store but what a waste of time when you need to run for fencing or clear a shelf because you need to adjust it for spacing issues..

Legend has it they set these pogs in some mystical Target where I imagine functioning equipment is in abundance, fixtures are gleaming and easy access, no backstock ever happens, all the signing has arrived and they don't find melted Jolly Ranchers or congealed Starbucks while downstocking:eek:......a poggie can dream, right?? Oh wait, I had a point...I can't believe they set these pogs anywhere first or we wouldn't run into so many glitches. o_O

Haha!! Thank you!!! Omg, I think that so much! It's like they don't even know what the product looks like a lot of the time. Or, they don't consider people actually shopping the product and make design choices that are realistic. Yeah, we fix it at the store but what a waste of time when you need to run for fencing or clear a shelf because you need to adjust it for spacing issues..

Legend has it they set these pogs in some mystical Target where I imagine functioning equipment is in abundance, fixtures are gleaming and easy access, no backstock ever happens, all the signing has arrived and they don't find melted Jolly Ranchers or congealed Starbucks while downstocking:eek:......a poggie can dream, right?? Oh wait, I had a point...I can't believe they set these pogs anywhere first or we wouldn't run into so many glitches. o_O

I know for a fact they do not physically set all of the pogs before sending them off to stores. My husband was in charge of designing all of the pickles/olives pogs for Spot this last set and all he used was some Planogram design software. I explicitly told him not to fuck it up, lol.

But on the flip side, my husband has also had a job where he did physically create possible pogs for Spot in the camping section back when we still sold Kelty. But neither of these were at corporate; both were vendor companies doing it.

I know for a fact they do not physically set all of the pogs before sending them off to stores. My husband was in charge of designing all of the pickles/olives pogs for Spot this last set and all he used was some Planogram design software. I explicitly told him not to fuck it up, lol.

But on the flip side, my husband has also had a job where he did physically create possible pogs for Spot in the camping section back when we still sold Kelty. But neither of these were at corporate; both were vendor companies doing it.

Lol!! Thank you for speaking for the plano masses!! :D That's awesome!!

It would be fantastic if Spot would recruit plano tms to the design team. If only to take a software generated pog and look it over for potential issues. But, if they don't have access to the product maybe it wouldn't matter anyway. Oh Spot, if you only knew what you put plano through...

It was a POG for Spot but when I worked for the Borders I would do the Paperchase sets and they sent just wouldn't work no matter how hard I tried.
The manager wouldn't listen to my complaints because there was a picture right there in the packet to prove it would.
After staring at the picture for a bit I realized they had actually taken two pictures and just slapped them together to create a set of shelves that didn't exist in real life.

Can't wait to do the Hair App Set this week. The new Display holders look interesting. How was last week for everyone? Somehow I am still alive with all the fixtures and stuff thanks to my amazing PTL.

Oh and quick question. I am so tired of borrowing keys or checking out equipment keys if I need to use the Wave or pull a pallet down. Would the following item on this site work for the Wave and Crown lifts? Crown Forklift Key #C250||LockMasters USA

Can't wait to do the Hair App Set this week. The new Display holders look interesting. How was last week for everyone? Somehow I am still alive with all the fixtures and stuff thanks to my amazing PTL.

Oh and quick question. I am so tired of borrowing keys or checking out equipment keys if I need to use the Wave or pull a pallet down. Would the following item on this site work for the Wave and Crown lifts? Crown Forklift Key #C250||LockMasters USA
You can order them on SAP.

Talk to your SFT, they might be able to get you a key for the equipment. I know a lot of signing people have their own keys so they don't need to chase them down.

Talk to your SFT, they might be able to get you a key for the equipment. I know a lot of signing people have their own keys so they don't need to chase them down.
Talk to ap to make sure you are cleared in your store to have them. I had one then it randomly was gone off my key set and I've yet to get a reason while asking repeatedly....

The fos vday signing....power aisle or fos? No layout grid and picture looks like power aisle not fos?

The fos vday signing....power aisle or fos? No layout grid and picture looks like power aisle not fos?

Damn! I forgot about this. Guess I'll be hanging that up when I go in tonight. What does the box say it is? FOS or Power Aisle? I would go with what it is labeled. Spot is getting awfully stingy with the instructions lately...Maybe they can't afford the paper anymore. Lol

Welp

Old signing guy was a Horder, cleaned out enough space to hopefully hold whatever signs I get this week.

Why he kept black Friday signage is beyond me

The surprise valentines day signing? My boxes said FOS on them, so I put them at the entrances. I couldn't use their grid because my entrances are no where near that long or wide.

Welp

Old signing guy was a Horder, cleaned out enough space to hopefully hold whatever signs I get this week.

That's exactly how my old signing person was when I took over the position last year. I took over early November and they still had signs from April and May

Welp

We are all hoarders, the good ones know what's useful to hoard...
The surprise valentines day signing? My boxes said FOS on them, so I put them at the entrances. I couldn't use their grid because my entrances are no where near that long or wide.
Yeah. Pptl gave me permission to be creative. So two- one- two staged as you walk. Cause the beer rotunda display is blocking me...
That's exactly how my old signing person was when I took over the position last year. I took over early November and they still had signs from April and May
When I took over I had stuff from over a year. I still have unopened boxes in the fixture room of fixtures from when the store opened over 5yrs ago.

Plus two years worth of market fixtures that "never came in" because he'd forget who ordered them and they got put in a back corner..

Etlge asks if I can do the softlines signing for this week...argh. I told her yesterday is not my job the hours are in the adjacency. If it's super big or hangs from the ceiling...now I have to build the art class crap. I hate stupid girls.

Cartwheel 7x11 manual signing. Is there any way to do them? We recieved the signing that goes behind 7x11s but i havent seen any way to make them.

Back