MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

So anyone know what they were thinking with the new 18x18 signholders in softlines? Yeah, sure, this tiny stem will hold this gigantic plastic holder securely.

I don't even see how they could possibly be saving money issuing all these holders instead of just using what we already had.

Yes, so wobbly! They crack really easy when you drop them too. Oops!

Saw this today while zoning...gonna see if it will divide a light duty shelf enough to hold those 18x18 sign holders...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170209-172743.jpg
    Screenshot_20170209-172743.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 52
Alright kids...gen 3 pushers in shaving aisle...how did you make them work?

We didn't run into any big issues with them, a few fit problems but I just switched the items with something from the baskets that fit better. We also added the shorter pushers to our shave pogs to the shelves with shaving cream to help with zone.

What issues have you run into with the pushers?

We didn't run into any big issues with them, a few fit problems but I just switched the items with something from the baskets that fit better. We also added the shorter pushers to our shave pogs to the shelves with shaving cream to help with zone.

What issues have you run into with the pushers?
The razors are falling out the back over the pusher. And out the fronts. And I tan out of the gap fixers after mens...its a hot mess.

The razors are falling out the back over the pusher. And out the fronts. And I tan out of the gap fixers after mens...its a hot mess.

Hmm...I only had one of the female razors pop out the back of the pushers (the one that tapers toward the bottom of the package); that's the one I switched with a basket item that had a flatter shape and didn't pop out. Everything else fit OK and didn't need the extra tab fronts added in.

It kind of sounds like there is too much space between the items. Is there room enough to tighten up spacing and maybe add another facing of something to eliminate the falling from the front? Or leave a gap at one end of the shelf?

YESSSS
THX

I am a little bit jealous you are allowed to use those signs at your store! My stl had me hide all of our signs like that because we aren't supposed to use them per our dtl. Everytime I try to persuade them to let us put them up I am always told that "we can't sell empty shelves." They would rather waste the time to flex paper or plastics into an empty space for a day than to leave it empty. Wastes so much of plano's time.

Enjoy those signs- they are a luxury! :)

Hmm...I only had one of the female razors pop out the back of the pushers (the one that tapers toward the bottom of the package); that's the one I switched with a basket item that had a flatter shape and didn't pop out. Everything else fit OK and didn't need the extra tab fronts added in.

It kind of sounds like there is too much space between the items. Is there room enough to tighten up spacing and maybe add another facing of something to eliminate the falling from the front? Or leave a gap at one end of the shelf?
It's tight, but the packages in them are oddly shaped and some are tapered. I might switch them out in my spare time...lol. we'll see how truck push goes tomorrow. It might just me being picky.

Of course I saw the idea to put pushers on the shaving cream as we were almost finished. I've got plenty of them to do that too. But adjacency said 8.2hrs and I had one tm there 12ish hrs and I spent about 8 there as well. Strip, set, repush, pog push, metal recycle pallet wrapped. Stl was happy we stayed til done though.

God no. Most of them have been coming down compared to previous sets.

Damn.

I found a bunch of dairy ones that never got put up and some aren't supposed to be used for my store but I'm still putting them up. Like the "Sour Cream and Cottage Cheese" one because that fridge door is hard to find.

Side note: In your guys' fixture room, do you store shelves with one on top of the other, not secured into the wall?

Last edited:
Side note: In your guys' fixture room, do you store shelves with one on top of the other, not secured into the wall?
Ours alternates up the wall with one is hanging up and another laying upside down and backwards on top of it. It saves space and is easier to get them down and put them up. I would only be worried if we were in an area prone to earthquakes. In which case the fixture room would already be a death trap no matter what.

Does anyone know the number for the 4' lit headers in cosmetics that are for the brand names?
I didn't see them on the pog

I took one down because I had to check myself. It has a barcode on it. I have to do cosmetics stuff tomorrow, I'll try to remember to check for ya.

Ours alternates up the wall with one is hanging up and another laying upside down and backwards on top of it. It saves space and is easier to get them down and put them up. I would only be worried if we were in an area prone to earthquakes. In which case the fixture room would already be a death trap no matter what.

PMT was telling me something about how the upsidedown backwards ones weren't allowed or something. I didn't believe it.

I want to actually sort the shelves and condense them as much as I humanly can so I can fit as many as I can on there. We have a tub of softlines shelves sitting around.

Thanks!

PMT was telling me something about how the upsidedown backwards ones weren't allowed or something. I didn't believe it.

I want to actually sort the shelves and condense them as much as I humanly can so I can fit as many as I can on there. We have a tub of softlines shelves sitting around.

Thanks!

Your PMT is wrong. Every fixture room I have ever been in stores the shelves alternating like that.

We have ours sorted by size: 14" in one section, 18" in three sections with the few 22" at the bottom, a section for 3' end cap shelves, and 2 sections of softlines shelves (those aren't really sorted but just all condensed onto each other).

Last edited:
Back