MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I will never understand how they think having these Priced Right Daily signs on every single item looks good o_O it's too cluttered and it's harder for the guest to find what they're looking for
Dz38lTk_d.webp

Oh btw update on my vacation situation. Seems like I might of ticked off my PTL because she has been giving me a cold shoulder this past week. Hopefully next week will be better.

Oh well I'm sure my post vacation work load will be wild so maybe the craziness I experience will make her feel better.

there's a map the pmt got that shows what is staying and going. It's about half for us too, plus all of market (got spiffy flat black ones instead). As far as I know nobody was set to remove them all. They are freaking expensive to replace too.
Are you going through a remodel? That's the only time I've seen those in stores around here. We didn't get them.

wait... what about those 3x3 signs? we're not printing any sale signs anymore? How would the guest know which one would be on sale?

Thank you.

On another subject, I just saw the new Clearance headers. Those yellow ones. Is it me or are they ugly? Are they changing the clearance biscuits as well?

Ooh goddess am I ever. New dark grey tile in open pfresh, new front coolers, overhead light thingy. Plus the new black directional.

After A&A remodel, and home Innovation (Now most likely this in 2018 for my store, easily a Multi-Million dollar Remodel). Where did Target find all of this god damn money?

Also, got my first Ambivalent gifting pallet today, was 3 huge boxes, and then 5 smaller (Similar to the old BTC underwear, etc) box sizes.

After my STL told my ETL to "Suck it up" after asking for a trailer (With also 849 SFS caps, reached every single day, ).... If this becomes a Safety Hazard I am calling the Hotline on my STL. And Maybe OSHA while also explaining, that these safety hazards have been forced upon my immediate boss.

Also, got my first Ambivalent gifting pallet today, was 3 huge boxes, and then 5 smaller (Similar to the old BTC underwear, etc) box sizes.
We also got one today, and were supposed to get two more on Monday...where are we supposed to store three oversized pallets until whenever it sets?

Our flow TL is about to crack and I think three giant pallets sitting on the docks for a few weeks might push him over the edge. He's already made it longer than every other flow TL in the few years I've been here.

It is not a good situation. I have the smaller ones stored in the Fixture room, and the bigger ones lifted onto Steel in our Cat litter, area.

Thank you.

On another subject, I just saw the new Clearance headers. Those yellow ones. Is it me or are they ugly? Are they changing the clearance biscuits as well?

What's a clearance biscuit

After A&A remodel, and home Innovation (Now most likely this in 2018 for my store, easily a Multi-Million dollar Remodel). Where did Target find all of this god damn money?

They cut the CEO bonus by 1%.

We also got one today, and were supposed to get two more on Monday...where are we supposed to store three oversized pallets until whenever it sets?

4cJB0Bd.jpg

I found room. All three are in the far back.

Not in the fixture room (that’s what I meant). My only job is clearing out bulk steel at my store. When I showed up every spot was taken. Now I’ve kept 50-70 spots open for the last few weeks waiting for Christmas freight

Not in the fixture room (that’s what I meant). My only job is clearing out bulk steel at my store. When I showed up every spot was taken. Now I’ve kept 50-70 spots open for the last few weeks waiting for Christmas freight

Jesus christ.

I feel lucky.

How in the hell do you get a fixture room like this

Consuming a lot of Monster and Rockstar over the period of two weeks and working my ass off to finish things :D
I have been preparing for Christmas since the beginning of the month.

I have a small bit of signage for next week. The only backlog signage are waiting on fixtures to come in.

Spent hours yesterday moving all the shelves to where they are right now just so people don't ask me to bring them down during the TAT set.

Just need the open-top to knock out the overhead signage project, and that backlog will be 100% complete.

My last two stores ($40M) were two ‘aisles’. A 20’x50’ room with one double sided shelf down the center

Christ.

What's a clearance biscuit

You might call them something else or I might've misspelled it. But it's the small rectangular red thing that you put on shelves to say that the stuff on that shelf is on clearance. We also use it to cover the label price to say the item on that space on the shelf is on clearance.

target-clearance-9-22-15.jpg

You might call them something else or I might've misspelled it. But it's the small rectangular red thing that you put on shelves to say that the stuff on that shelf is on clearance. We also use it to cover the label price to say the item on that space on the shelf is on clearance.

target-clearance-9-22-15.jpg

Oh a clearance label.

We use clearance label (the one that goes on the item) and the insert/biscuit interchangeably at my store. You do get new clearance biscuits; they should have come in.

Actually speaking of new clearance signs.

I got in the new low-wall end cap, fridge/freezer, flavor spot signage to match the new stuff we've been putting up all week to replace Cart-Stopping Prices. Came in an hour before the end of my shift, setting week of the 22nd.

Also new clearance overheads, I think we're supposed to toss the bubbles.

Back