MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Oh a clearance label.

We use clearance label (the one that goes on the item) and the insert/biscuit interchangeably at my store. You do get new clearance biscuits; they should have come in.

Actually speaking of new clearance signs.

I got in the new low-wall end cap, fridge/freezer, flavor spot signage to match the new stuff we've been putting up all week to replace Cart-Stopping Prices. Came in an hour before the end of my shift, setting week of the 22nd.

Also new clearance overheads, I think we're supposed to toss the bubbles.
Toss old red bubbles, not new ones... right? Was hoping this had come in today, will likely come in tomorrow since I've got it off. Left the sidecap signs for later.

Oh a clearance label.

We use clearance label (the one that goes on the item) and the insert/biscuit interchangeably at my store. You do get new clearance biscuits; they should have come in.

Actually speaking of new clearance signs.

I got in the new low-wall end cap, fridge/freezer, flavor spot signage to match the new stuff we've been putting up all week to replace Cart-Stopping Prices. Came in an hour before the end of my shift, setting week of the 22nd.

Also new clearance overheads, I think we're supposed to toss the bubbles.

Yeah I got the box with the bubbles and other misc signing today, will have to look at that Monday.

I'm not giving the yellow clearance labels out until we get the yellow clearance stickers, which by the way the stores will need to order. Spot isn't sending any for some reason. The only place I saw this information was on a goddamn mysupport post.

We're supposed to run through our stock of red stickers first anyway, and I'm going to need to order a hell of a lot of the clearance labels regardless. E2E has royally screwed the entire price change process at my store, holy hell.

Yeah I got the box with the bubbles and other misc signing today, will have to look at that Monday.

I'm not giving the yellow clearance labels out until we get the yellow clearance stickers, which by the way the stores will need to order. Spot isn't sending any for some reason. The only place I saw this information was on a goddamn mysupport post.

We're supposed to run through our stock of red stickers first anyway, and I'm going to need to order a hell of a lot of the clearance labels regardless. E2E has royally screwed the entire price change process at my store, holy hell.
Ordered them. Only one case can be ordered at a time. Fuckers.

Is anyone else completely missing headers for the "gift card mall" pog? And WTH is going on in B/C/D with Housewares, Kitches, Domestics, and Home Improvement Utility? Backerpaper being replaced at random, not on pog white headers both large and small.

Didn't we have to ditch a design of the NLP signs because they had a down arrow on them, confusing guests as to which product was being highlighted?

Hmmmm.
I hid a stash of the Red Clearance Labels, just incase it comes down, to throw out all the new ones, and use the old ones. No one knows where they are but me, so they don't get mixed up.

Also I only received like 6 of the overhead bubbles (Squares), while I have about 9 up perpetually in Softlines.

Here is what they look like.

Oh, yeah, the arrows are a bad idea. Even I would pause to make sure I was seeing it right. I'm surprised they decided to make them the same color as the shelf labels. I think they will be harder to see, but maybe they want to make the aisles look cleaner?? I'd love to know the thinking behind this change.

Oh, yeah, the arrows are a bad idea. Even I would pause to make sure I was seeing it right. I'm surprised they decided to make them the same color as the shelf labels. I think they will be harder to see, but maybe they want to make the aisles look cleaner?? I'd love to know the thinking behind this change.
The endcap headers have arrows pointing down. more confusion for the guest.

What's a clearance biscuit

They cut the CEO bonus by 1%.

4cJB0Bd.jpg

I found room. All three are in the far back.
So that’s what the floor looks like in there.

They look like they belong at BestBuy

We set all our endcap and sidecap headers with the fancy new bubbles and Best Buy'esque signage last night and just prior to leaving found the matching Clearance shelf tags. Divy'd those out to the TLs for today to swap but yeah ... the yellow? Really? Meanwhile, after all the headers have been refreshed and we still have enough to take care the rest of the stores in the district.

We set all our endcap and sidecap headers with the fancy new bubbles and Best Buy'esque signage last night and just prior to leaving found the matching Clearance shelf tags. Divy'd those out to the TLs for today to swap but yeah ... the yellow? Really? Meanwhile, after all the headers have been refreshed and we still have enough to take care the rest of the stores in the district.

Two heavy freaking boxes of free gift card headers, didn't use a single one. Probably doesn't help that half our endcaps are full of random junk instead of actual salesplanners but hey, being a TL is so hard! You can't expect them to put their starbucks down to actually do some.... work!

Two heavy freaking boxes of free gift card headers, didn't use a single one. Probably doesn't help that half our endcaps are full of random junk instead of actual salesplanners but hey, being a TL is so hard! You can't expect them to put their starbucks down to actually do some.... work!
I used three down in hba. But that's it. Not a common one, and nobody swapped them yesterday...

Huge double pallet of Christmas signing and overheads came in today, the lod's want them built before Halloween yet I'm only scheduled 30 hours a week. This is going to be fun.

Starting Kid at Heart build tomorrow. Ill let yall know how it goes
Tried doing one of the big ones earlier and two of the main shippers for it are too big. The dividers and inserts don't fit inside and how the instructions want it to attach on top of another shipper doesn't really work. Hopefully it wasn't the same for everybody but I have to now wait with a load of cardboard just laying out until I get some kind of fix-it kit from mysupport.

Tried doing one of the big ones earlier and two of the main shippers for it are too big. The dividers and inserts don't fit inside and how the instructions want it to attach on top of another shipper doesn't really work. Hopefully it wasn't the same for everybody but I have to now wait with a load of cardboard just laying out until I get some kind of fix-it kit from mysupport.

Which specific one? Was it Kid at Heart H?

I think so but I'm not sure, family sleep or something. One of the others needs a table and the third had some brand name in the title.

Since I'm not here next week PTL wants me to build all the Christmas trees and attempt to build all of the Amplified gifting focals we get for next week.

They are working me hard before my vacation that's for sure

Back