MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Softlines bins or "shippers" took 5 hours to build and set the labels/signing on.

I got the mens bins built during this time too, but they aren't due until next week.

Add another hour to compile, cut up and bale the cardboard left over.

Last edited:
Was I the only one childish enough to find it funny that the black bins only went to the 'city' stores?

Guess I didn't pay much attention. But of course we that are in suburban cities aren't chic enough for black! LOL!

Only 16 hours this week for signing, so I was making up for not getting any last week... I was the "Flash" the last couple days..

Anybody else have as much 'fun' as I did with the headers on the performance wall for softlines?
Those origami projects built over clothing bars that then needed to be jammed together were a real joy.

Oh boy did I. Layout instructions were horrible!! I didn't get the running man full wall graphic, so I just deleted that section and guessed at the rest since none of the layouts were exactly like ours. I didn't have all of the 9" bars shown in the instructions either. I scrounged up 7 and had to fudge 4 sections with larger bars temporarily until I get the rest later.

Not the ISM's best work. :)

I didn't get the running man graphic either and my PTL wants me to order it. Gotta find the number now.

I'm not. I got a couple calls from other stores saying they didn't get it either, so I figured it must be a company wide error. We'll probably get something on the message board about it in the next week.

Did you get new billboards and towers for womens activewear? When they told me the photos weren't matching, I thought all I had to do was flip them, but the part number and photo still didn't match. Nothing new on next week's pallet either...

I didn't get anything for women's active.

Men's activewear - okay. the 9"bar is AM3020, right? We had a grand total of four of these in our store. Although for some reason they decided to send us 16 new shoulder hang bars (AM3005?) when we have TONS of these around. Can the active signing fit over these by any chance? It would look really nice if only we had all the right stuff. However, it didn't help that the signing instructions, the visual adjacency, and the ISM-Only POG were all different. Not to mention our SLTL of Men's AND the Plano TL BOTH walked the walls in mens and neither caught that our planograms called for 8 more feet of wallspace than we actually had. Anyway - out PTL couldn't find the ISM-Only POG (the only POG we had for ACTIVE) so I had to set going by the Visual Adj/the signing instructions. Which, it turns out.....was backwards. All told though, looks like i'm still not doing too bad since we did get all of our Graphics (running man, and dude lifting weights). But have to go back and rearrange the signs sometime this week, hopefully the bars will arrive DTS instead of Store delivery, and remove 4ft of it anyway (after mysupporting the footage error they deleted a section from active and a section from denim).

I received the running man and the guy lifting weights. Did you follow the planograms? Maybe your store doesn't call for it. I printed out the product images from online planogram to see where the signing went.

Didn't receive all the 9" bars either. Only got 8 so I had to order them.

I'm not. I got a couple calls from other stores saying they didn't get it either, so I figured it must be a company wide error. We'll probably get something on the message board about it in the next week.

Did you get new billboards and towers for womens activewear? When they told me the photos weren't matching, I thought all I had to do was flip them, but the part number and photo still didn't match. Nothing new on next week's pallet either...

did you guys get the womens active bill boards last month? we received them and the sl team didnt put them out, but they went with this set as well in our store.

I received the running man and the guy lifting weights. Did you follow the planograms? Maybe your store doesn't call for it. I printed out the product images from online planogram to see where the signing went.

Didn't receive all the 9" bars either. Only got 8 so I had to order them.

Rec'd 0 9" bars. Had 0 extra. Ordered them last week (12) + they already arrived.

Sounds like we are all on the same page. Our planogram did show running man, so if I don't see an update in the next day or 2, I guess I'll order that Friday. Could you all post the part number for this graphic? Saves a bunch of time.

Greydot>AM3005 bars will work as a temp fix., but you should order the am3020 since they look so much better.

Seen the message board this morning telling that the part numbers for the womens performance tower were wrong. So, all thats needed is to flip that and the billboard.

Sounds like we are all on the same page. Our planogram did show running man, so if I don't see an update in the next day or 2, I guess I'll order that Friday. Could you all post the part number for this graphic? Saves a bunch of time.

Greydot>AM3005 bars will work as a temp fix., but you should order the am3020 since they look so much better.

Seen the message board this morning telling that the part numbers for the womens performance tower were wrong. So, all thats needed is to flip that and the billboard.

I'll try and grab part numbers for that graphic tomorrow. I already ordered AM3020 as soon as i knew we didn't have them, but good to know that that the shoulder hang bars can be a temp fix. I was worried they wouldn't work at all on account of the curve.

Good spot on the Performance message board - I was all over those this morning, but I must have missed those. Also - is anyone else short two tower fixtures for Men's? Just because on the adjacency they added two more towers (Graphic Tees, and Denizen) but didn't remove any. Unless the Active towers are now going away? Hmm...maybe that's it. Since I don't think they went to another floorpad - since our number of tower fixtures always stays static. Offhand, anyone know if Active loses the towers in Mens, or if they are coming off another floorpad? (I know, tough question since it varies store to store since softlines is so varied, but I figure maybe someone has run into this issue?)

The active towers are going by-by.

Hmmm...going to check that this morning. Could have sworn there was 1 C9 tower left up.

Hey, did you all have wire baskets for the trial size endcap? I don't remember ever having any when the spl tm asked for them yesterday....

Love this exchange. It definitely keeps me on my toes!

Hmmm...going to check that this morning. Could have sworn there was 1 C9 tower left up.

Hey, did you all have wire baskets for the trial size endcap? I don't remember ever having any when the spl tm asked for them yesterday....

Love this exchange. It definitely keeps me on my toes!

Both C9 towers came down and were replaced with the Mossimo and Denizen towers. The C9 tower you may have seen in the adjacency could have been the c9 sock bin (they called it a tower in the adjacency).

Perhaps this might be the wrong thread, but I have a couple quick questions. Seeing as that I work the backroom, evenings, and don't get exposure to a lot of the daily tasks that go on on the floor, I have a few questions about "ad signing."

When I leave on Saturday nights, the ad takedown is in full swing. I watched the process and didn't get a good answer for what I was seeing. So...

Is there such a thing as an "ad signing" audit? If there is, who is supposed to do it and when?

When I see team members taking down the ad and punching in numbers for all the signs that are missing instead of "not found," how does this benefit Target and what reports does this process affect?

One of the biggest problems with the ad signage is it doesn't stay on the shelves very well. When our remodel happened, we got new shelf tag strips that are way too loose and fall out of the signage channel on the front of the shelf, very easily. When the ad signage is placed in the strips, a mere gentle whisk of wind seems to pull the whole strip out and it ends up on the floor. It's a complete mess. Are other stores experiencing this?

That's all for now.

Thanks.

i took my C9 tower down - had to find the adjacency myself, and didn't see them on there. however, the SLTL over that area thinks there are as she put up active clothing right over top of the denizen and mossimo signs. go figure.

for active - turns out i don't even need the running man (i have him, but when they cut us down a section his was the one that went). [completely forgot about part #'s again - hope you guys found them without too much trouble].

ps what's up with all the short tower signs now? seems like they don't stand out as much as the tall ones - however i can undo the top viking clips without a stepstool so i'm not complaining - makes my job easier.

no one even consulted me for the trial and travel endcap. oh boy, what a disaster - they used fencing on the front and the sides and no where else. like....come on! even if you can find the right size fencing use the adhesive dividers! i'm not touching it though. they don't want to even attempt to set it right? well then thats the mess you get.

did everyone get three boxes worth of shippers (shelf bins) for BTC? are they all for Mini? I'm hoping none of them are for shoes and the bins for over there come prebuilt and product loaded.

Yep, three boxes of bins.
Looks like one box is for mirrors or some such.
Doesn't look like any of them are for shoes.

The running man # doesn't work in TIPP, but here it is 4332652.
On the planogram it comes up as 'item not found' which I guess is appropriate.

They used the sticky dividers on the t&t endcap at our store even if they weren't on the planogram.

My ETL softlines wanted to take down the C9 environmental because it was in the wrong place.
Thank g-d there was the notice on the plano message board about leaving it up cause my common sense didn't seem to be getting through.

Our store used fencing on the trial and travel endcap.

I like the shorter towers. Makes it easier to change.

Luckily our store is not a BTC store so I don't have to deal with any more shippers. Our Mini Seasonal area is now compare and save which I hate because nothing ever sells from back there. They should have left summer stuff up longer since it was selling well at our store.

Perhaps this might be the wrong thread, but I have a couple quick questions. Seeing as that I work the backroom, evenings, and don't get exposure to a lot of the daily tasks that go on on the floor, I have a few questions about "ad signing."

When I leave on Saturday nights, the ad takedown is in full swing. I watched the process and didn't get a good answer for what I was seeing. So...

Is there such a thing as an "ad signing" audit? If there is, who is supposed to do it and when?

When I see team members taking down the ad and punching in numbers for all the signs that are missing instead of "not found," how does this benefit Target and what reports does this process affect?

One of the biggest problems with the ad signage is it doesn't stay on the shelves very well. When our remodel happened, we got new shelf tag strips that are way too loose and fall out of the signage channel on the front of the shelf, very easily. When the ad signage is placed in the strips, a mere gentle whisk of wind seems to pull the whole strip out and it ends up on the floor. It's a complete mess. Are other stores experiencing this?

That's all for now.

Thanks.

Yup, there is an audit for ad signing.
The main one is done after adset on Sunday when they go through to make sure everything on the ad is properly signed.
However, they also do spot checks during the week (or at least they are supposed to -- I know it's not on the top of most peoples list).
And yes, the signs always fall off and the strips always pop out. Always.

I have wished for years that we would get signs like, say, CVS uses. Slight adhesive back. I've tested them out and they seem to hold pretty good. At least better than our folded ones do...

Not only that, but guests take them down.

Yes the guests do, and sometimes I accidentally contribute, especially with pegged items where the fold under tab is on the left, covering up the barcode and DPCI.

It was nice to see the introduction of the 1 3/4" x 5" signs, months back, and it would be nice of they followed that format for all of them. The most ridiculous sale signs were the 50% sale in furniture, earlier this year. They were huge and did nothing nut plea to be on the floor.

Back