MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

Search myWork 2.0 on Workbench. There is a guide for printing labels, processing defects, mispick, sign audit.

Price change still uses Store Applications for now because it is still in myWork 1.0 and hasn't been migrated to 2.0. But also of note, the Zebra printers need to have a setting changed now in order to print clearance stickers and they print with a slightly different font and larger numbers. Looks nice. *Workbench has a guide for that too.*

We avoid jams with sticky labels and sale signing by only feeding one sheet at a time in the printer. Takes a bit longer to print but eliminates the frustration of jams.

Print quality is exactly the same, just faster.

The Zebra prompts you to make sure the correct paper is loaded. And tells you what paper to use.

When I saw how easy and fast this worked, it made me giddy the rest of the day. Not often does something change at work that makes me this kind of excited and amazed! It's a breath of fresh air compared to all the other recent changes.

As a side note, when you do a revision where some peg labels change and print the "price accuracy and peg labels", it will give you all the peg labels. And sometimes it will double print peg labels.

Honestly, I feel like the biggest loss from Store Applications will be the nicely formatted F11 line listing. Far more helpful than the one in myWork or the poorly formatted online plano one.

I'm curious to know what happens to some of the other functions in Store Applications. Like the ability to add a DPCI or UPC to the system for NOF items, for example.
Or quick response pricing.

I noticed it was gone the other day (or I just can't find it) and I needed it for an ad item that "should" have been on sale.

I didn't know until yesterday that our pog team actually has their own set of power tools. Top secret of course. PMT stashes them in his cage and pretends they're his when we get a visit. Lol. Woulda been nice to know a few weeks ago when I was building furniture displays.

I just use the arguement that Plano already had their own drill and it’s not a PMT power tool. Hard eye roll from the BP but “I’m not going to argue” is the most push back I’ve gotten. We never got any sort of communication to wrangle up other departments tools. Not to say other PMTs didn’t interpret it that way.

Bummer. MySupport is terrible at trying to get items into the system so that functionality would be nice to have on the Zebra at some point. But thank you @tmap98 for your honest answer, I am a fan of direct answers instead of hemming & hawing or misdirection.
I am sad. I am not on 2.0. Spot didn’t tell anyone at my store.

Alright kids, pptl thinks we can get the entertainment transition done in two days with partial crew one day... what are my chances of cutting a day off this set?

Alright kids, pptl thinks we can get the entertainment transition done in two days with partial crew one day... what are my chances of cutting a day off this set?

Slim to none. 3 of us spent 3 days setting last week and will spend today setting the toys area & remaining entertainment pogs on the new gondola and we still haven't even set the new gift card fixtures up front yet. And the ISM for the toys area isn't even in the building yet, being walked in by the ISM team to install for the Early Set. And we haven't built any displays either.

Slim to none. 3 of us spent 3 days setting last week and will spend today setting the toys area & remaining entertainment pogs on the new gondola and we still haven't even set the new gift card fixtures up front yet. And the ISM for the toys area isn't even in the building yet, being walked in by the ISM team to install for the Early Set. And we haven't built any displays either.
I can't wait for the excuses... think I might tip off the stl tonight. She's not ruining my workload with this garbage, I'm already going to be helping the pmt.

I can't wait for the excuses... think I might tip off the stl tonight. She's not ruining my workload with this garbage, I'm already going to be helping the pmt.

Good plan, PMT will need all the help he can get. Ours has spent almost double the amount of time estimated for completion of his workload for entertainment. That's with Plano assisting him with tear down and garbage clean up. You won't be able to build the giant tree until he gets the movable walls built anyway.

Good plan, PMT will need all the help he can get. Ours has spent almost double the amount of time estimated for completion of his workload for entertainment. That's with Plano assisting him with tear down and garbage clean up. You won't be able to build the giant tree until he gets the movable walls built anyway.
Great. This is gonna be a fun week.

Maybe it's just my store but the VA for TAT was supposed to be available on the 8th. I never got mine except through My Support due to the fact that the PMT needs to change 2 of the gondola heights. Where did you guys find yours or was able to view it from? I looked at the normal places on workbench and couldn't find it. Any insights would be great!

Looking for more of the strips that slide into the front of entertainment shelving. Does any one have a part number for SAP?

Attachments

• 20181016_064250.jpg
    20181016_064250.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 30
So we have been printing batches from 2.0 and the only real issue is it pulls from one tray. Anyone know how to get it to pull from the respective tray?

Tray1 being papar and tray2 being labels

46zcz1lvtms11.jpg

Found on reddit. Does anybody know the part number for the big-ass football?

Back