MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

We used Red, Yellow and White for the Holly Sprigs. We added an additional Yellow to lengthen the sign to lower it a little so you can read the "Happy Holidays." So whatever your length is you need to adjust to your store.

We did run out of Red 30" but you can combine a Blue 12" and Yellow 18". So if you need a White 24" use 2 Blue 12".View attachment 6669

I like how yours are spread out compared to just having it all directly behind one another. Went to another store and it doesn't look right even though that's what the instructions call for.

I like how yours are spread out compared to just having it all directly behind one another. Went to another store and it doesn't look right even though that's what the instructions call for.
Yeah, we read the instructions and thought, "No f**king way!" We've always used the instructions as a guide. And say "Who's going to notice anyway!" We set it to how we think it'll look good. ASANTS but these kits they send sometimes make no sense. IMO.🙄

For my FOS, I put the "Merry Christmas" in front of the stupid awning.

In addition, did I miss the part in the instructions that said how long the wires for the words are? I didn't see it anywhere.

I accepted a position as PPTL at another store so im sure I’ll be asking you guys a ton of questions. It’s a new small format with no established PP TMs or anything like the sorts. Theirs just quit because he didn’t have any support so I’m sure I’ll be walking into a mess.

Anyone ever find a listing or anything for what gets the top toys pedestal things?

Anyone ever find a listing or anything for what gets the top toys pedestal things?

It was sent inside the box the pedestals were shipped in. At this point, I wouldn't worry too much about getting them up, most of those items are likely empty on the shelf anyway.

It was sent inside the box the pedestals were shipped in. At this point, I wouldn't worry too much about getting them up, most of those items are likely empty on the shelf anyway.
The one I got in the box said 2017 Top Toys and was full of NOF stuff and things that we don't carry. I figured they just resent last year's.

The one I got in the box said 2017 Top Toys and was full of NOF stuff and things that we don't carry. I figured they just resent last year's.

The 2017 is a typo. What does the set date say on the top right? Should be 9/30/2018.

A few of the DPCI's are listed wrong. If it shows NOF, you may have to do an item search. I corrected a few in my list below (next to DPCI #)

20181205_085526.jpg

20181205_085554.jpg

I accepted a position as PPTL at another store so im sure I’ll be asking you guys a ton of questions. It’s a new small format with no established PP TMs or anything like the sorts. Theirs just quit because he didn’t have any support so I’m sure I’ll be walking into a mess.
Hmmmmm. Wonder if I know which location, lol.

^^^This. My lazy "Style"team/ leads can't even put up the price points. I left them on the team leads desk recently and she asked me a few days later what they for for. They never do VMG close to 100% either maybe 25%. :rolleyes:

Some of my video game cases are missing the display box and tether for some of the facings. Is this something that can be ordered separately? Or do I have to order a brand new case for the shelf of video games in a four foot section.

I’m sure you’ve got a good idea! No signing TMs, no pricing or Plano TMs and no one who knows anything about target! It’ll be exciting

We did a planorama at one of these new Target Express stores and I asked a few TMs in charge of fixture auditing/ordering where I can find strips holders or pegs, and their like.. what's that?

Some of my video game cases are missing the display box and tether for some of the facings. Is this something that can be ordered separately? Or do I have to order a brand new case for the shelf of video games in a four foot section.

Yes, they can be ordered separately. Search "Sennco" in SAP. That's the company that makes them, there should be a few different options for ordering so you'll need to find the one that has a case and a tether. You can also just order the tether alone.

Back