MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚That power pole!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ The physics of how this tree can possibly be rotating is confusing me. Doesn't the cord catch on the branches? And wouldn't guests be able to reach up and pull on it?

Also really enjoy the ceiling tile in the background with a power pole cutout in it still. Classy.

I really shouldn't judge the tree too harshly, I have one that is only half lit because I haven't found the time or made the effort to get all the cords plugged in together.
They put up the wrong tree so it doesn't rotate. The right tree is over by the tree flat xD

uhh.. what. this store i shopped at yesterday. there's a few things wrong with this tree set. could you spot them?

i feel this is what seasonal would look like next year if the signing/plano position disappears.

View attachment 6732
This is NOT my store, BUT, in this stores defense: Guests have destroyed some of our displays by removing skirts and ornaments to purchase, but hey, that’s the wanted end result anyway.

question at hand: wrong, you ask ? my first Quick glance sees:
1. The obvious half power pole already mentioned.
2. wrong DPCI tree style for center tree (to another poster:how can u tell if it’s rotating or not? Also, STAND is designed to rotate ANY tree anyway)
3. Tree looks CROOKED to me
4. There is no tree TOPPER
5. there is no tree SKIRT
6. Incorrect ORNAMENTS used
7. is that a DANGLING power cord ???
Please fill me in on anything I missed.

This is NOT my store, BUT, in this stores defense: Guests have destroyed some of our displays by removing skirts and ornaments to purchase, but hey, that’s the wanted end result anyway.

question at hand: wrong, you ask ? my first Quick glance sees:
1. The obvious half power pole already mentioned.
2. wrong DPCI tree style for center tree (to another poster:how can u tell if it’s rotating or not? Also, STAND is designed to rotate ANY tree anyway)
3. Tree looks CROOKED to me
4. There is no tree TOPPER
5. there is no tree SKIRT
6. Incorrect ORNAMENTS used
7. is that a DANGLING power cord ???
Please fill me in on anything I missed.
You got it. You've just won a virtual cookie! How do you feel?

SYs.gif

NXT

Knowledge TL
uhh.. what. this store i shopped at yesterday. there's a few things wrong with this tree set. could you spot them?

i feel this is what seasonal would look like next year if the signing/plano position disappears.

View attachment 6732
Also the revised $3.00 binned ornaments/happy holidays sign was not put up. it still has the double sided $3.00 binned ornaments sign up

We used Red, Yellow and White for the Holly Sprigs. We added an additional Yellow to lengthen the sign to lower it a little so you can read the "Happy Holidays." So whatever your length is you need to adjust to your store.

We did run out of Red 30" but you can combine a Blue 12" and Yellow 18". So if you need a White 24" use 2 Blue 12". View attachment 6669
I like how yours are spread out compared to just having it all directly behind one another. Went to another store and it doesn't look right even though that's what the instructions call for.

I like how yours are spread out compared to just having it all directly behind one another. Went to another store and it doesn't look right even though that's what the instructions call for.
Yeah, we read the instructions and thought, "No f**king way!" We've always used the instructions as a guide. And say "Who's going to notice anyway!" We set it to how we think it'll look good. ASANTS but these kits they send sometimes make no sense. IMO.πŸ™„

For my FOS, I put the "Merry Christmas" in front of the stupid awning.

In addition, did I miss the part in the instructions that said how long the wires for the words are? I didn't see it anywhere.

gsa4lyfe

Always here
I accepted a position as PPTL at another store so im sure I’ll be asking you guys a ton of questions. It’s a new small format with no established PP TMs or anything like the sorts. Theirs just quit because he didn’t have any support so I’m sure I’ll be walking into a mess.

RedMallet

Signing Serf and backroom maid
It was sent inside the box the pedestals were shipped in. At this point, I wouldn't worry too much about getting them up, most of those items are likely empty on the shelf anyway.
The one I got in the box said 2017 Top Toys and was full of NOF stuff and things that we don't carry. I figured they just resent last year's.

ThrowawaySigning

Signing TM by day. Val Kilmer by night.
The one I got in the box said 2017 Top Toys and was full of NOF stuff and things that we don't carry. I figured they just resent last year's.
The 2017 is a typo. What does the set date say on the top right? Should be 9/30/2018.

A few of the DPCI's are listed wrong. If it shows NOF, you may have to do an item search. I corrected a few in my list below (next to DPCI #)

20181205_085526.jpg

20181205_085554.jpg

signingminion

WAVing in the air like I just don't care
I accepted a position as PPTL at another store so im sure I’ll be asking you guys a ton of questions. It’s a new small format with no established PP TMs or anything like the sorts. Theirs just quit because he didn’t have any support so I’m sure I’ll be walking into a mess.
Hmmmmm. Wonder if I know which location, lol.

^^^This. My lazy "Style"team/ leads can't even put up the price points. I left them on the team leads desk recently and she asked me a few days later what they for for. They never do VMG close to 100% either maybe 25%. :rolleyes:

Some of my video game cases are missing the display box and tether for some of the facings. Is this something that can be ordered separately? Or do I have to order a brand new case for the shelf of video games in a four foot section.