MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

I’m sure you’ve got a good idea! No signing TMs, no pricing or Plano TMs and no one who knows anything about target! It’ll be exciting
We did a planorama at one of these new Target Express stores and I asked a few TMs in charge of fixture auditing/ordering where I can find strips holders or pegs, and their like.. what's that?

Some of my video game cases are missing the display box and tether for some of the facings. Is this something that can be ordered separately? Or do I have to order a brand new case for the shelf of video games in a four foot section.
Yes, they can be ordered separately. Search "Sennco" in SAP. That's the company that makes them, there should be a few different options for ordering so you'll need to find the one that has a case and a tether. You can also just order the tether alone.

AllAtTarget

Destroy The Fixture Room! I Dare You!
But I don't understand softlines at all and my coworkers don't seem to understand either, but I have no idea where to find the official information either

But I don't understand softlines at all and my coworkers don't seem to understand either, but I have no idea where to find the official information either
I don't think you're going to find a specific map or anything for where the signs hang exactly in your store, I've never seen one. I just open up the boxes see how many are in there and place based on what the current signs up look like. So if there are 2 sets of paired signs sent and 2 sets of paired signs up, I swap them out. Which order doesn't matter as much, no one will know the difference.

signingminion

WAVing in the air like I just don't care
I’m sure you’ve got a good idea! No signing TMs, no pricing or Plano TMs and no one who knows anything about target! It’ll be exciting
I just don't know if the one we did planorama at is the closest. It's a bit of a drive from us.

We have quite a bit of extra new fixtures that need a home. The VMG was of absolutely no help. I believe it comes down to "make it work and make it look presentable." I was curious where you guys have your bunkers at. We're low volume, pre-remodel.

ThrowawaySigning

Signing TM by day. Val Kilmer by night.
We have quite a bit of extra new fixtures that need a home. The VMG was of absolutely no help. I believe it comes down to "make it work and make it look presentable." I was curious where you guys have your bunkers at. We're low volume, pre-remodel.
We have it under a shelf that connects two moveable walls in boys/girls.

For non-remodel stores, it calls for them preferably under a table or shelf in jewelry/accessory.

We have it under a shelf that connects two moveable walls in boys/girls.

For non-remodel stores, it calls for them preferably under a table or shelf in jewelry/accessory.
We ended up putting them on one of the back Walls that didn't have legs and under our only table tall enough to house it. We don't have any tables in jewelry. I wanted to put them on some of the softlines end caps that don't reach all the way to the aisle, but I have a feeling I'd have been told to move them

ThrowawaySigning

Signing TM by day. Val Kilmer by night.
- attention to details (notices the small stuff)
This is so important for signing and plano yet not many TMs have it. Would make my job a lot easier!

To add to @SigningLady list:
- Knowledge in setting plano
- Ability to prioritize
- Proactive in fixing issues and ordering any missing signs/displays/fixtures

What I don't like:
- Laziness
- A "Fuck it. Not my problem" kind of attitude

Sisyphus

Cat Herder in a Potemkin Village
This has been my new mantra of late for stuff that gets shoved my way that is not signing/Plano related. The burnout is bad for me this Q4, gotta take a few steps back.
Hang in there. Circa 17 days 7 hours and 25 minutes. Yes my phone has a countdown till its over. And one till the kiddies go back to school. The countdown and eating 7 chocolate chip cookies helped me make it through today.

Could anybody kindly give me the DPCI for the sign that's supposed to be hanging just above produce? It's actually two of the same sign that hangs from those super annoying rectangular hooks.

Edit: pfresh store