MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

It always confuses the heck out of my inbound team if the label strips are one direction and the pegs count the opposite. 🤦‍♀️
I'll usually fix it if I catch it but sometimes it's brought to my attention after the fact and I forget to fix it. It's funny how much it trips people up just counting right justified.

I'll usually fix it if I catch it but sometimes it's brought to my attention after the fact and I forget to fix it. It's funny how much it trips people up just counting right justified.
Right? Especially since it's not perfectly in order anyway... just look for the right location, lol.

Stationary set is a mess.

Set Art 2 today. The system says we have the new display holders for the glitter, etc but can't find them anywhere. Says they came in on 3/13. No one knows where they are. Oh well. Left the product on the shelf and moving on.

I have almost nothing for stationary. I got two new posterboard fixtures, and two other fixtures from that section along with them... all of which are still brand new from last year. Otherwise the signing I've gotten is like, a 6x18 and a shelftalker and thats it.

Just remembered, got a handful of other fixtures for it, a extra basedeck fixture for writing utensils and some dividers, some clear front railings, a nine inch white bar for bags or something else. But almost no signing at all.

I have almost nothing for stationary. I got two new posterboard fixtures, and two other fixtures from that section along with them... all of which are still brand new from last year. Otherwise the signing I've gotten is like, a 6x18 and a shelftalker and thats it.

Just remembered, got a handful of other fixtures for it, a extra basedeck fixture for writing utensils and some dividers, some clear front railings, a nine inch white bar for bags or something else. But almost no signing at all.

Nope. Hardly any new signing.

Only have Art 1, 2, 3, and 4 left to set since we started setting last week. Going pretty smoothly and I'm really enjoying taking the clearance out of inline and salvaging it immediately. So nice not to have to deal with it on endcaps.

Now if OTC next month could set just as nice that would be fantastic! 🤞

Anyone ever had any luck getting replacements for the fragrances in Men's Grooming? We keep researching them to 0, but they never come in. Ours were all sold to guests for $0.01, apparently, given that they all show "Sold" dates in myWork. Oops!

Anyone ever had any luck getting replacements for the fragrances in Men's Grooming? We keep researching them to 0, but they never come in. Ours were all sold to guests for $0.01, apparently, given that they all show "Sold" dates in myWork. Oops!

I have some individual fragrances but I have no clue what fixture they're supposed to go in. MySupport has been absolutely no help in that they refuse to even acknowledge it.

PACIFICA FRAGRANCE TESTER FINALLY CAME IN

Ooh, I need to check on that tomorrow. They've asked me about that like 80 times since we did that set.

On a semi related note, we finally got our hooks for the broom/mop aisle. Only a month and a half late!

OMG. F the Art Combo POG. Early set note is so vague on this issue. Sections were switched opposite direction for the shelves labels. Doesnt help that it is a reverse aisle and labels had to be set standard. Very confusing.

This confused the fuck outta me today trying to set this.

Apparently it is a glitch in the system with just this pog. I have a direct connection to the people who created the pogs and asked about it today. They basically said that as long as the paint pegs match up with the paint shelves and the yarn pegs match up with the yarn shelves, etc. then the pog is set correctly. For me (also a reverse aisle), that means the paint pegs scan as section 1 and the paint shelves scan as section 4 but both are really section 1, set in reverse.

I will look at the early set notes tomorrow and give them some feedback on a better way to have communicated this issue and what the solution should be.

I have some individual fragrances but I have no clue what fixture they're supposed to go in. MySupport has been absolutely no help in that they refuse to even acknowledge it.

Are they men's cologne? There called "fragrance bar". Typing that in SAP should pop it up. Ordered it not too long ago and came in 2 weeks DTS.

Are they men's cologne? There called "fragrance bar". Typing that in SAP should pop it up. Ordered it not too long ago and came in 2 weeks DTS.

Hm.

I'll make a note, thank you.

This confused the fuck outta me today trying to set this.

Apparently it is a glitch in the system with just this pog. I have a direct connection to the people who created the pogs and asked about it today. They basically said that as long as the paint pegs match up with the paint shelves and the yarn pegs match up with the yarn shelves, etc. then the pog is set correctly. For me (also a reverse aisle), that means the paint pegs scan as section 1 and the paint shelves scan as section 4 but both are really section 1, set in reverse.

I will look at the early set notes tomorrow and give them some feedback on a better way to have communicated this issue and what the solution should be.

Reverse aisle here too. Pictures showed Sections 1 and 5 swapped, but the paint scanned in section 5.

Hm.

I'll make a note, thank you.

Reverse aisle here too. Pictures showed Sections 1 and 5 swapped, but the paint scanned in section 5.

My pog pictures didn't show anything out of order. Paint in section 1, the crafty stuff in the middle two sections, and then yarn in section 4. When I printed my peg labels it matched up with the pictures. Unless I missed something. Where did your paint brushes scan? Section 1 or 5? Did you end up setting the paint in section 5 then?

Sorry for asking a bunch of questions. Trying to see how bad this issue is and how best to communicate to the creators...though I am not entirely sure if they can fix or not. If you think of it, could you PM me your pog number tomorrow so I could pass it along along with mine in case they can do something on their end?

Our paint pog was standard but our pog with the ribbons did the same problem with being reverse

Can you confirm the paint is supposed to be the lead in, is that how yours is set? And if you don't mind, if you have a minute tomorrow, could you take one of the paint label strips out and see if the reverse side shows yarn? My super curious mind is on overdrive trying to untangle this annoyance.

When you say, ribbons, do you mean the washi tape? Or do we actually have ribbon now too?

Damn, I am full questions today. Sorry if I am annoying the crap out of all you!

My pog pictures didn't show anything out of order. Paint in section 1, the crafty stuff in the middle two sections, and then yarn in section 4. When I printed my peg labels it matched up with the pictures. Unless I missed something. Where did your paint brushes scan? Section 1 or 5? Did you end up setting the paint in section 5 then?

Sorry for asking a bunch of questions. Trying to see how bad this issue is and how best to communicate to the creators...though I am not entirely sure if they can fix or not. If you think of it, could you PM me your pog number tomorrow so I could pass it along along with mine in case they can do something on their end?

We have 6 sections for art combo. Pegs are correct and matched the image, but shelves got switched. Image showed paint in section 1, but system has it tied to section 6. Tape shows on section 5, but is located on section 2, etc.

So for paint section, I have pegs that have labels for section 1, and below are shelves with labels for section 6. That's a first for me.

We have 6 sections for art combo. Pegs are correct and matched the image, but shelves got switched. Image showed paint in section 1, but system has it tied to section 6. Tape shows on section 5, but is located on section 2, etc.

So for paint section, I have pegs that have labels for section 1, and below are shelves with labels for section 6. That's a first for me.

A first for me too. Took me quite a few minutes to figure out what I thought I was supposed to do. And then, the paint label strips were still confusing so I just left the old ones in for now and will wait to see if I get any new color strips in first since they always come well after the set is complete.

Back