MEGATHREAD Signing Tips, Tricks and Quips (along with howls of despair)

anyone read the july addendum?

istg each monthly addendum worries me more and more bc it just confirms the signing role is eliminated completely. idk how my store can afford to keep me in a position that doesnt even exist anymore, esp when im still getting btwn 32 to 40 hrs a week. just doesnt seem like it can possibly last lol.

Haven't read July yet.

I say, enjoy it while it lasts! You might be surprised how easy it is to not worry about it once it's no longer your responsibility though. I thought I'd have a harder time with it, but I am fully enjoying not feeling like I am juggling so much workload. Come in, do my freight, leave.

"Beginning June 16, stores will see 10 hours per store per week moved to Presentation expert to support non-POG ISM not owned by other business units."

On July Addendum General Merchandise page.

So "minimum" 10 hrs? That's actually what I have now which is fine by me. 10 hrs is plenty for slower weeks.

"Beginning June 16, stores will see 10 hours per store per week moved to Presentation expert to support non-POG ISM not owned by other business units."

On July Addendum General Merchandise page.

Saw this today too! Need to point it out to my SD and TL so they make sure I get those hours. Don't want my SD to skip giving them out and bank them instead for when they realize they overspent for the month again. They have been giving me about 5 hours a week for signing, but if I am allowed more, I better be getting it!

So from this, I gather it *only* took them 2 months to figure out non-pog ism isn't getting done. We could have told them that from the beginning. 🙄

I already *have* the "4ft for core ism" lol.

Having downswept shelves for "area ISM" seems like an enormous waste of time and space. Am I supposed to leave this shit empty when tech and beauty get new signs every few months *maybe*?

Also is this the official corporate thing? Because that says "fixture/signing rom".

I already *have* the "4ft for core ism" lol.

Having downswept shelves for "area ISM" seems like an enormous waste of time and space. Am I supposed to leave this shit empty when tech and beauty get new signs every few months *maybe*?

Also is this the official corporate thing? Because that says "fixture/signing rom".

I can tell you from experience, the Tech and Food & Bev shelves will never be empty (ok, really all the shelves will never be empty because no one is auditing them anymore). Somehow they always seem to forget to put ALL the signing up. I have tech sharing with beauty because they have the same TL, but beauty signing I bring to their stockroom to store there. And softlines has a separate section in their fixture area of the fixture room because they get WAY too much to fit on a single shelf! I legit have the same basic set up as this already, just in reverse. I'm telling you, they stole my organization system!

I will post a pic the next day I work. Wednesday.

If I didn't have these shelves set up I could eliminate 2 of the full shelf tubs that reside in the fixture room blocking everything, lol.

I can tell you from experience, the Tech and Food & Bev shelves will never be empty (ok, really all the shelves will never be empty because no one is auditing them anymore). Somehow they always seem to forget to put ALL the signing up. I have tech sharing with beauty because they have the same TL, but beauty signing I bring to their stockroom to store there. And softlines has a separate section in their fixture area of the fixture room because they get WAY too much to fit on a single shelf! I legit have the same basic set up as this already, just in reverse. I'm telling you, they stole my organization system!

softlines/style never puts their shit up at my store, even though they've been end-to-end since before i even started working at target. i'm still putting their signs up to this day after they do their sets smh. i never really mind because it's extra work to do on days i'm slow but sometimes it's like ???? why are you guys taking weeks to change out your signing unless i do it for you?

softlines/style never puts their shit up at my store, even though they've been end-to-end since before i even started working at target. i'm still putting their signs up to this day after they do their sets smh. i never really mind because it's extra work to do on days i'm slow but sometimes it's like ???? why are you guys taking weeks to change out your signing unless i do it for you?

Style is special.

Showed that July addendum to my ETL log, or whatever he's called, today. Huh. He said. I explained those are hours I need for overheads, non pog signing, and breaking down pallets. He had zero idea what I meant. I printed other copies for my lead and the store sd and the ETL hr. But, I'll probably get zip. Oh well, the compactor is always there.

Did you all notice the two hours each week for the transition expert (signing) gets to maintain the fixture room. I did, my girl has already been doing it for years. Now she gets to keep doing it. And yes I still have transition experts, one plano one signing they set all planos GM experts just do revsions and sales planners. And I'll get more helpers for larger sets.

My understanding is "Presentation Expert" is what they renamed plano tm.
That's what I thought. No one at my store has any idea about that position. Even with it in the July Addendum, all I'm told is that they haven't heard any communication about it.

Did you all notice the two hours each week for the transition expert (signing) gets to maintain the fixture room. I did, my girl has already been doing it for years. Now she gets to keep doing it. And yes I still have transition experts, one plano one signing they set all planos GM experts just do revsions and sales planners. And I'll get more helpers for larger sets.

Can you tell me where I can find it? Which month's addendum or whatever?

Back